TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The King of Queens Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Question on "Wheres Poppa?"

stellarchick86

[1]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 32
    Ok, so the episode Ive seen is the one where Carrie and Doug want to spend more time together so Doug suggests Arthur goes to work at Dannys pizza restaurant. Thats pretty what the summary they give here on the website. The thing is, is that everywhere I see a description, it mentions Dr Becker and Bill Cosby which have never been in the times Ive seen this episode. So Im curious- am I seeing a totally different episode that whats listed on TBS or did they take that part out, or what? Any help would be appreciated as to whats going on. Thanks!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ncis_Atl

[2]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Ok, so the episode Ive seen is the one where Carrie and Doug want to spend more time together so Doug suggests Arthur goes to work at Dannys pizza restaurant. Thats pretty what the summary they give here on the website. The thing is, is that everywhere I see a description, it mentions Dr Becker and Bill Cosby which have never been in the times Ive seen this episode. So Im curious- am I seeing a totally different episode that whats listed on TBS or did they take that part out, or what? Any help would be appreciated as to whats going on. Thanks!!

Never seen Dr Becker and Bill Cosby on there when I watch that episode.But that would be cool to have Bill Cosby on there lol.

tvlegend

[3]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    The DVD series lists Bill Cosby in the episodic summary as appearing on this episode, however he does not. From my research on the internet, is appears that several networks have engaged in "crossover nights" over the years, where they have characters from one show making a cameo appearance on another. In this case, on the first crossover show that night, The King Of Queens Doug Heffernan popped up on the show Cosby making a delivery to Bill Cosby's character Hilton Lucas. It wasn't a big deal, but was promoted as Shameless Crossover Monday. Part of the point was to make some of the crossovers shameless and stupid, meant only to lure viewers to watch and no more than that. The next major crossover night had Doug running into Hilton in the waiting room of Ted Danson's Doctor Becker. Ray had been hit on the head with a baseball and while going to get it looked at by Becker found Hilton also waiting to see the doctor. Obviously, they didn't deem the King of Queens crossover with Bill Cosby worthy enough to include on the DVD episode. However, would certainly have been a nice "extra" to include in the DVD box set for that season. For more exciting crossover and spin-off info on tv shows, use "crossover tv shows" for your search.

stellarchick86

[4]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    Ah, okay, tvlegend. I was so confused because on TBS, for ex, it would have the episode summary but then say "guest: bill cosby" and I was like am I missing something here?! lol. So thanks alot, that makes way more sense now!

ValShotz

[5]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 1

Thanks, tvlegend! I just did an Internet search on this episode tonight after seeing the description for the episode that's mentioned above. I asked my husband if he remembered ever seeing Dr. Becker (Ted Danson) or Bill Cosby in an episode of King of Queens, and we were both positive we'd never seen either actor in any episode before. Thanks to TBS, we've seen all of the episodes several times over, but the description of that particular episode had us thinking maybe we hand't seen every episode after all. So, thanks, because nowwe know we're not crazy, we're just a bunch of dorks who watch waaaay too much TV.