The King of Queens Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

The Series Finale- What did you think?????

Dragela

[1]May 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    What did you think?  I liked it for the most part, I just wished the show ended on a happier note, not Doug, Carrie, Authur (now divorced), and two children in a house with Doug and Carrie going crazy.  Although that was funny, I would of prefered a little bit of a different ending.  However the part leading up to that, such as Doug getting drunk and Holly coming back was hilarious and great. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bre-bre91

[2]May 14, 2007
    • level: 10
    I loved it. Couldn't have thought of a different way for the Heffernans to go out on. In the end they got me wanting to see more but i guess thats a good thing so we could let our imagination run with it. (Unlike "Mad About You") I loved the recap clips at the end. I started crying like a baby.

Cantankerous

[3]May 14, 2007
    • level: 6
    It was good but I would have like to have seen Larry Romano "Richie Iannucci" character come back as well . But over all not a bad ending.

Simply_Ces

[4]May 14, 2007
    • level: 16
    I really enjoyed the way the show ended. It was about time Carrie got pregnant. I had a lot of good laughs throughout the past 9 seasons and it ended with a good laugh as well which I really enjoyed.

sitcomfreak

[5]May 14, 2007
    • level: 18
    Totally disagree. A finale needs to have it's triumphant final moment and KOQ crapped out on it. First off, the final line should show some significance to the series. Arthur walking in and saying "It didn't work out," first of all, the line shouldn't have been his, and second, it didn't signify what the series was about. And basically, the writers/producers basically said we have 2-3 mins. left and since we have nothing creative to do with it, here's a montage of past clips. What a cheap, easy way to end a finale.

It had some laughs, but the final moments were very contrived.

silvioStrippers

[6]May 14, 2007

geez. You people are too critical. I thought it was damn funny, and the ending was fine.

Im just sad that the show's over. Will Danny and Spence get a spinoff now that their back together?? Funny how they both had a chance to live with woman, but gave that up for each other.

SassyEmt

[7]May 14, 2007
    • level: 2

I thought it was perfect and I loved every minute of it.  I am so sad to see it end, I would have loved at least another season.  I think the writers did a great job and everyone had something funny to say and do.  I wish Doug's parents would have been there, I would have loved to see them again. 

I think Spence and Danny having a spin-off is a great idea and I would definitely watch it.

true_p

[8]May 14, 2007
    I was sad when i heard king of queens was going to end, but after watching the last 5 shows not so much anymore. they was the worst ones, so much for going out with a bang.

sitcomfreak

[9]May 14, 2007
    • level: 18
    NOT CRITICAL, BUT VERY EXPECTANT AS TO WHAT A SERIES FINALE SHOULD BE. ARTHUR SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE LAST LINE -- PLAIN AND SIMPLE. LEAH & KEVIN ARE THE STARS, THEY SHOULD'VE SAID SOMETHING. THE FINAL LINE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN "IT DIDN'T WORK OUT." THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

TvPlayer

[10]May 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    I got to disagree with you sitcomfreak it ended they why it should have, and thats with some irony or repeat if you will. look at Yes Dear, even though they forced an ending they left the show they why they came in, and thats with Jimmy and Christine moving back in with Kim and Greg because they house got destroyed, just like it did in the begining. What about Malcolm in the Middle, Malcom, Resse, and Fraces, were all out of the house and Dewy and the new baby were they only two left and the dad goes were almost done until the mother says shes pregnant. What Im trying to say is those kind of sitcom give off the sense of never ending. As where some of my favorite sitcoms just end with no laugh or nothing its just over like (Friends, Fresh Prince, Boy Meets World). Plus the running past clips is a classic in all sitcoms it brought a tear to my eye. I went on little long but I just wanting to give my opinion.

SignaturePlayer

[11]May 14, 2007
    • level: 5

I thought it was a really good finale. The ending was pretty funny, I'm not sure how much more they could have done at the end. Really the only possibility was a whole 'I love you' moment but they just had one on the plane. At the very least they did not come off cheesy, which is good for a show like the KOQ. Further I would like to say I was happy with all final 7 episodes since coming back. I thought it was a great finish and they did a good job of turning around a dissapointing start to the season.

Did anyone else think Holly and Spence were going to end up together? Considering all of the build up from the start of the series it would have been funny. At least they left open the oppotunity for a Spence/Danny spin off. I think it is one of very few spinoffs that could actually work. Whether they are even considering it is a different story though.

Good bye to my current favourite show, and the last sitcom I watch on TV.

Edited on 05/14/2007 10:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

gadgetguy78

[12]May 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    I just can't believe it's actually over.  What a great show that had a great run.  The finale was good enough, basically with arthur showing up life is back to normal.  Sad to see it go.

krussell47

[13]May 15, 2007
    • level: 12
    I rather enjoyed the finale.  I liked how they brought back a lot of the characters that we hadn't seen in a while but grew to love.  And to see Carrie actually get pregnant even after adopting the baby from China.  That was a great way to add something touching.  Also, I like how at the end it showed how difficult being parents are for Doug and Carrie, because they were always difficult throughout their marriage.  And the clip show at the end was also a nice touch, showing us a lot of the good memories from the past 9 seasons.  I am sad to see the show end, just as I was sad to see Everybody Loves Raymond end.  Thanks for all the laughs.

mistical

[14]May 15, 2007
    I thought it was a great series finale. I am reading mixed reviews on the last few minutes of the show, personally I liked the last few minutes of the show, showing past clips was great, it's happened before and has grown to be a basic way to end shows like these. I have enjoyed and loved watching the show over the last few years, too bad it had to end. I really should pick up the first few seasons since I never watch them, only became a fan of the show after or around the 5th season.
    Edited on 05/15/2007 3:38am

Deznaj

[15]May 15, 2007

I'm sad to see the King of Queens end, but to be honest I found this THE WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

The good: Holly is back.

The Bad: It was all so predictable. I actually predicted the baby, the house and Arthur moving back in in several threads that started at the end of season 8 (I just missed the adopted baby). Furthermore, why was this episode so dramatic? The King of Queens always has been a COMEDY, with not a serious moment in sight. Why did they have to make the last story arc into a drama? That was a terrible choice. And why would Doug and Carrie split up over something like the appartment? They both did worse stuff than this, but never split up. It just doesn't make sense!

Why are most series finals so crappy? Just take a look at Everybody Loves Raymond, Star Trek Voyager and Seinfeld (to name a few). All great series with terrible endings. A real shame The King of Queens is added to that list.

I will enjoy seasons 1 to 8 over and over again, but season 9 will end up in a locked box.

shelley06

[16]May 15, 2007
    • level: 21
    Dragela wrote:
    What did you think?  I liked it for the most part, I just wished the show ended on a happier note, not Doug, Carrie, Authur (now divorced), and two children in a house with Doug and Carrie going crazy.  Although that was funny, I would of prefered a little bit of a different ending.  However the part leading up to that, such as Doug getting drunk and Holly coming back was hilarious and great. 
    I agree! I really liked it but I thought the last minute when they said "one year later" was a little weak...especially since Arthur was divorced. I wouldn't say it wasn't "happy" though. I absolutely loved everything leading up to it...but I don't know, I wouldn't have had that one year later scene. Maybe they should have come back to their Queens home & made some statement about being excited to have a 2nd baby on the way...and they'll make it through together. Also, did Doug go back to his UPS job? Annyway, I have a ***question*** What episode was the first flashback scene from, when Doug got a big screen t.v. and was hugging it? Thanks!

FrancisJMAAB

[17]May 15, 2007
    • level: 7

I believe that was the pilot that it flashed back to in the beginning.

I thought the fianlly was rushed as well, it's like they didn't really know what to do.  And all of a sudden they have all this money to adopt and fly to China??

And did anyone else notice that in the montage at the end, all the clips that included Carrie showed her when she was skinny?  I did not see one clip of any season where she was either pregnant or after words when she had weight to loose.  I thought that was funny.  It's like Leah said, listen I know there are some season's where I look huge, could you just use the clips where I'm really thin?

I think they were done, the clips at the end was a bit of a cheap trick.  I too wish there would have been more to it.

Me

arctattoo

[18]May 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    I actually really liked the whole episode. While yes some of the outcome was predictable.. It was still a great ending for the series. I really liked the begining when Doug was all drunk and was sitting in his living room with no pants! I really liked the end with all the clips. I thought it was really sweet. I wish this show wasn't ending, but I think they ended it on a funny note. Especially when Arthur came back. I almost cried!

Invader22

[19]May 15, 2007
    I liked this episode. It ended good, unlike how most of the board here is saying. I also loved how Arthur said: It didn't work out. I thought it would have. And it was also good the Carrie and Doug had a baby of their own too.

renbutler

[20]May 15, 2007
    • level: 4

Great episode, great ending(s), and great lines, like Doug to Holly:

"Let's wrestle."