The King of Queens

Single Spaced

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 07, 2007 on CBS

• Doug lives alone.

7.7
    This was the second to last episode of The King of Queens. It was sad to see one of TV's last juggernaut comedies end its run, but it looks like the era of the great family sitcom is dead. Niche shows, and low ratings are the new Jeffersons and Brady Bunch.

Anyway, this episode was not what I would call "well-written" but having laughed at these characters for nearly a decade, even half the effort would result in laughs. I did not really enjoy this whole "separated, but not separated" storyline, but I guess they needed something to end the show on.
  • One of my fav eps its was laugh a minute

I looooooooooooooooveed this ep its was so funny from the beginning with doug on the sooter i started to laugh.the chemerstry between leah and kevin was fab if anyone else did that scence it would not be as funny.doug:open the the window because its going to be a cold day in hell before that happens and the great reply from leah saying trust me i am all for opening up a window and doug says oh i get it i am alone and i smell!makes me laugh now just writing it.fab ep this why i watch the show humor but also showing how much doug and carrie need a baby.
  • Doug and Carrie split, Danny and Spence having there own marital problems and Arthur’s on the verge of marriage.

It seemed a little rushed this episode what with Doug and Carrie split with neither of them budging on the Queens/Manhattan situation then Doug’s mother and father intervening sending them to Father Biskup who suggests they try harder, when Doug and Carrie tell the father they will do it there way he leave’s them alone, that’s until they see a couple with a baby outside the church and decide that’s what will bring them together again, they decide to adopt but to give up certain things in there lives, Doug must geta new job, Carrie must give up the Manhattan apartment, Doug stay’s true to his word but after a tip off by Spence ( who’s feeling betrayed by Carrie ) Doug discovers Carrie lied and still has the apartment.
  • Very funny and somewhat emotional.

Doug and Carrie are still having their differences. Doug stays at home while Carrie is staying in the apartment in Manhattan. Things change when Carrie holds their friend's baby and thinking about adopting.

This was one of the best shows I've seen. It showed another side of the characters that I've never seen before. The part that really made me feel emotional was when Carrie held their friend's baby. It made them feel close and actually brought the two of them together again. Thinking about adoption and remembering the times they tried so hard to have a baby in their lives made me think if they'll ever have the chance to experience motherhood and fatherhood.