The King of Queens

Ticker Treat

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 29, 2001 on CBS

• Halloween at the Heffernans.

This episode is one of my favorites. Because usually i do not like Arthur, in fact I dislike him greatly but this made the episode great. Arthur made this episode amazing. First annoying as always, Arthur bans Halloween from the Heffernan home but Doug goes against it which sends Arthur to the hospital. An unexpected plot & the arc continues for 2 more episodes. So this ordinary episode arc is sort of like the strike episodes in season 3. So this episode really made my day. Arthur's reaction's to the decorations were hilarious. And Carrie made it even more funny, through the whole thing.
  • Arthur rushed to the hospital at the hand of his son-in-law.

It's Halloween in Queens, and Doug decides to get into the holiday spirit. Of course, Arthur is there to oppose the festivities, and specifically forbids Halloween in the Heffernan household. This doesn't stop Doug for going against Arthur's wishes, and decorates his house anyway. When Arthur sees this, he flips out, thus causing him to be rushed to the hospital. We got some great insight into Arthur's childhood in this episode, and got to see the sad boy buried in him. The scenes with Doug trying to make it up to Arthur by buying him his favorite lemon ice were very funny as well. Of course, as always, it backfires on Doug, when Arthur is once again terrified by the monkey mascot on the lemon ice bag when he wakes up. Oh well.