How Long til it's gets cut

How long do you think this one will go?

tvfanatic91

[1]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 44

Every Sitcom'ish 30 minute show they put on ABC is cut after the first 2 months or less.

If an answer you want is not up there just state in your post what you think.

I chose After 4 episodes

Edited on 02/03/2007 12:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sonofsabu

[3]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    I agree, tough competition last night so it should continue to do good next week.  It's freakin hilarious so it deserves a chance.  hey it's this or watch a repeat of BONES.

danigro89

[4]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 37

The way I look at it is that critics seem to like this show and most of the other sitcoms (Help Me Help You, Big Day) are not doing well in the ratings so I'm sure it will get renewed for another season.

Here are the comedies that I think will get renewed and cancelled for the 2007-2008 season.

Renewed: George Lopez, Knights of Prosperity, In Case of Emergency.

Cancelled: According to Jim, Help Me Help You, Big Day.

This is only my assumption by how these shows are doing now but a lot can change by May.

kurby123

[5]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 19
    There aren't enough options on the poll. How about, "It will be successful."

jewlee14

[6]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 5
    i hope it doesnt get cancelled. i actually want to see all the way to how they're going to get mick's fingerprint.

danigro89

[7]Jan 4, 2007
    I really hope this show succeeds too. It would be a great start to revive ABC's comedy line up which was basically destroyed when almost every comedy (except According to Jim and George Lopez) was cancelled last season.

Will_of_the_D

[8]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 14
    According to Jim will not get cancelled, but it will simply end. I dont think George Lopez will make it. There is still 1 more sitcom to premiere this year you know. Anyway, Big Day is just a 1 season show anyway. The Knights of Prosperity is funny, but I dont see it being a long term show, the same being the case for In Case of Emergency. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Knights but I dont see any of the sitcoms this year making it until next year, unfortunetly.

danigro89

[9]Jan 5, 2007
    Well I understand that Jim isn't cancelled but it will end in May and won't return for the 2007-2008 season. But ABC does need atleast 2 comedies to be renewed for 2007-2008 season to put them in OK shape so George Lopez however can be renewed depending on how the other comedies do.

CoolUserName

[10]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think knights will make it for at least a season, i'm hoping for even more.

kendahlj

[11]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    CoolUserName wrote:
    I think knights will make it for at least a season, i'm hoping for even more.

10 million watched the Day Break pilot and they canceled that after five episodes, when the number watching dropped to 3 million. People will watch a pilot of a new show out of curiosity but don't necessarily stick it out and the a-holes at ABC don't care enough about their product to give a show time to mature. I can't watch this show because I am too bitter about Day Break being canceled, but I thought I'd pipe in anyway...

danigro89

[12]Jan 5, 2007
    Yeah but Day Break lost viewers consistently every week. If ratings stay the same (around 7 or 8 million viewers) for 13 episodes of this show, I don't see why ABC wouldn't renew it.

jekyll

[13]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 86
    Knights may benefits from lowered expectaions. It's not going to get good ratings simply due to airing against the American Idol results show. It will certainly stay on the schedule until the AI competition phase starts, and I'm guessing it will run straight until the season's end in May.

kopeckee

[14]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 20
    It made me laugh. i hope it makes it for the season ..some parts had me rolling. don't know how the writing will be going forward but i think it will be a hit...

JunaD

[15]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    It's crazy that 3 million people still isn't enough. If I got 3 million people to give me a penny I would be happy.

Anyway I think ABC will keep it because it is a comedy and it is pretty funny. ABC needs more comedies. They have enough dramas. This is a great cast. I wish they would stop with the "reality contest stuff" Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, Etc.

DygitalNinja

[16]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    this show is really funny...plus if its doomed its really because I liked it,every new show I get into this season gets canned

Daybreak, Vanished,Smith the list goes on...please can we at least get to them robbing Mick Jager...and I'd just love to see Eugene getting his bar...and possiably running is bumbling criminal empire out of it

SoylentYellow

[17]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 21
    tvfanatic91 wrote:

Every Sitcom'ish 30 minute show they put on NBC is cut after the first 2 months or less.

If an answer you want is not up there just state in your post what you think.

I chose After 4 episodes

6 episodes then it gets the ax.

Its amazing anyone would create a show that glorifies the concept that if you dont have money, you are justified in stealing it from people who do.

Addicted2Aero

[18]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 2
    I hope it lasts! This is one comedy that I really enjoy.

AprilFox

[19]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 111

Knights has been cancelled, according to http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:eonlinekristen.com:20070127:tv-1f7f58b636ca29219bc07097ffd6ed7a__ER:1;_ylt=AgRsGPqI8wpmknH.dWr3.Z76o9EF

Still not sure if all 13 episodes will air.

mackski

[20]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 13
    danigro89 wrote:

The way I look at it is that critics seem to like this show and most of the other sitcoms (Help Me Help You, Big Day) are not doing well in the ratings so I'm sure it will get renewed for another season.

Here are the comedies that I think will get renewed and cancelled for the 2007-2008 season.

Renewed: George Lopez, Knights of Prosperity, In Case of Emergency.

Cancelled: According to Jim, Help Me Help You, Big Day.

This is only my assumption by how these shows are doing now but a lot can change by May.

I'm in agreement with the shows you have that will be renewed or at least hope they do because I like them. Now According to Jim is in it's final season, they announced in early December Help Me Help You has been canceled, and I have never even seen Big Day. Is it good?

sadisfied

[21]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    I hope The Knights Of Prosperity and In Case Of Emergency get cut asap. I don't get what ABC likes so much about this type of comedies - they introduced so many of them this year and none of them is really taking off.

But then again, I'm not a big fan of ABC's entire lineup. Other than Lost (which has been going downhill itself), it seems like it's girly shows all over.