Knights Swapped with According to Jim

  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [1]Jan 26, 2007
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    The Knights of Prosperity will be switching timeslots with According to Jim so Knights will air at 8:30 and Jim will air at 9. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070126abc03
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SoylentYellow

    SoylentYellow

    [2]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,331
    danigro89 wrote:
    The Knights of Prosperity will be switching timeslots with According to Jim so Knights will air at 8:30 and Jim will air at 9. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070126abc03


    That will pretty much finish it off....  going up against Jericho and Bones (once the Idol auditions are over - not that Idol is a good show - while its popular, its  horribly sadistic and devoid of original thought).    Last nail in the coffin lid of TKOP.  Moving TKOP away from a frontal assault by Idol at 9PM still wont save it.  Next weeks gay episode will be another factor in killing it off - the description of it alone is enough to turn off half the remaining viewers.   When gayness is simply part of the series, its one thing, but when its used as a cheap plot device it almost always falls flat on its face.

    Another bit of news that brightened my day was CBS's  horrible "reality" show "Armed and Famous" has already gotten the axe. Amazing a show like that ever got off the drawing boards.   Muncie P.D., however, is laughing all the way to the bank with 3 brand new Hummer SUV police units given to them when the series premiered.  Im guessing they knew this would happen and are glad to see those 5 losers leave town - permanently.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [3]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    Well ABC knows that According to Jim is ending this year so they think why not move that out of the way and make knights a success. If you've noticed all of ABC's comedies this year have all bombed so far. Help Me Help You wasn't that good to begin with and was axed after the 9th episode. Big Day is finishing its first season on tuesday but its chances of getting a second season are rather low. In Case Of Emergency isn't doing well with its ratings and performing poorly in its timeslot. Since Knights is the most interesting and well written shows out of all of the other Comedies they should just stick with that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of whatscooking05

    whatscooking05

    [4]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 67

    SoylentYellow wrote:
    danigro89 wrote:
    The Knights of Prosperity will be switching timeslots with According to Jim so Knights will air at 8:30 and Jim will air at 9. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070126abc03


    That will pretty much finish it off....  going up against Jericho and Bones (once the Idol auditions are over - not that Idol is a good show - while its popular, its  horribly sadistic and devoid of original thought).    Last nail in the coffin lid of TKOP.  Moving TKOP away from a frontal assault by Idol at 9PM still wont save it.  Next weeks gay episode will be another factor in killing it off - the description of it alone is enough to turn off half the remaining viewers.   When gayness is simply part of the series, its one thing, but when its used as a cheap plot device it almost always falls flat on its face.

    Another bit of news that brightened my day was CBS's  horrible "reality" show "Armed and Famous" has already gotten the axe. Amazing a show like that ever got off the drawing boards.   Muncie P.D., however, is laughing all the way to the bank with 3 brand new Hummer SUV police units given to them when the series premiered.  Im guessing they knew this would happen and are glad to see those 5 losers leave town - permanently.


    The audience for "Jericho" and "Bones" is about half the size of the "Idol" audience. And it is split between two networks. So these shows will not be nearly as big of a problem as "Idol" was.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [5]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    Exactly, Hopefully this show does better in the 8:30 timeslot if not than the axe will swing for this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Grand13

    Grand13

    [6]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 12/24/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 281
    more bad news

    http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=087ea435-9d46-414d-a94d-b84be0c70893
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [7]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    Yeah I know, its a shame, such a good show and a bad schedule.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AprilFox

    AprilFox

    [8]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 111
    • rank: Dyn-O-Mite!
    • posts: 1,230
    Knights cancelled according to http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:eonlinekristen.com:20070127:tv-1f7f58b636ca29219bc07097ffd6ed7a__ER:1;_ylt=AgRsGPqI8wpmknH.dWr3.Z76o9EF
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [9]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    Its not officially cancelled but according to that article there will be no back 9 and the show may get pulled soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mackski

    mackski

    [10]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 10/20/04
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 384
    AprilFox wrote:
    Knights cancelled according to http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:eonlinekristen.com:20070127:tv-1f7f58b636ca29219bc07097ffd6ed7a__ER:1;_ylt=AgRsGPqI8wpmknH.dWr3.Z76o9EF


    Ouch....I have come to really like Knights and it is a great alternative to American Idol for me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [11]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    I like this show to and if ABC had stuck to it's original plan then maybe this show would be a success on Thursdays and Ugly Betty would have failed on Fridays. All I can say is that if this Great show ends up being cancelled ABC has no hope for comedies.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.