The Knights of Prosperity

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 03, 2007 on ABC

• Pilot

ABC's latest attempt to revive the comedy series is a massive bust with The Knights of Prosperity. The series features Sofia Vergara, ABC's go to female for comedies for no apparent reason, Donal Logue, star of Grounded for Life (speaking of awful sitcoms) and Kevin Michael Richardson, a man who has done more voiceover work than most people have taken math tests.

Mick Jagger is playing around with a little boy in this series, a little Chinese boy. If this sounds like something that is up your alley then you are probably going to love this show, if not, then you, like me, hated it.
  • How to rob Mick Jagger and have fun doing it!

If you feel blue over the funeral of President Gerald Ford!How about a funny comedy like "The Knights of Prosperity." In the very first episode, a group of blue class workers had organize a gang inwhich they rob the rich and give to the poor. Mainly themselves. their target is Mick Jagger, who made a cameo appearance. They agree to rob Mick Jagger and began their plans of doing so. The first episode is funny, but not the best start to a new series. I'm looking forward to seeing the next epiosde. Mick may not be there, but it's a start.
  • After his fellow janitor dies while working, Eugene decides he wants to rob Mick Jagger. He organizes a group of people with bad jobs.

I think that this show has potential to be a good show. The cast is quite good. The epiosde made me laugh quite a few times. Donal Logue is an awesome actor. I didn't expect Mick Jagger to be so funny, but the clips of him in his house were hilarious. I really hope this show lasts, but I just don't see it happening. I think the show would have been better if they got Jeff Goldblum instead of Mick Jagger. I am a huge Jeff Goldblum fan. At first, I didn't see how robbing Mick Jagger could go on for a long time. They copied his key, how hard would it be to get in. Then we find out, that is just one of many doors to get through before you are in the house. I can't wait to see what other things they have to do to get in. I also look forward to the numerous other celebrity cameos.
  • A N.Y. City janitor (D.Logue) decides to start a life of crime in order to fund his dream of owning a bar. He makes a plan to rob the home of Mick Jagger. A modern day version of Robin Hood; Lets steal from the rich and give to the poor...US!

I saw this on a preview dvd. I actually belly-laughed on two occasions. I love D. Logue, so I was all about it. (although his dream is to own a bar again, Grounded for Life.) This is a funny show and the cast is great. It was originally entitled Lets Rob Mick Jagger, but I guess that has changed.
    I think this concept could work for about 3 full seasons. The writing is witty, although most American TV watchers are not. I hope ABC promotes this properly. This is abc's version of My name is Earl. I just hope they don't put this show on Thursday nights when everyone else is watching The office.