We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Are shane's non-committed ways getting old?

breezy2281

[1]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 19
    i'm just wondering if i'm the only one who thinks things with shane are getting old? I'd like to see them do something different with her. I thought that was the case when she was starting to get really cozy with Paige, but then she goes and messes around on her, i was disappointed. i'm like "oh, another back to shane's old ways escapades." does anyone else agree?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Thorn_X13

[2]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 5

Though I have to agree they seem to be going in circles with Shane I'm actually glad that she wasn't left with Paige, I didn't like the relationship at all and it seemed like she was only with her because she missed Shay and wanted something close to a family. I'd have much rather seen her stay with Carmen.

What bothers me is that they keep taking her from one relationship and putting her right back into another, she either needs to commit or they take her right back to full on player. What I'd have loved to see is a little competition between her and Papi, I have a feeling that would be hilarious.

Edited on 01/10/2008 5:23pm

JalineTV

[3]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 18
    Thorn_X13 wrote:

Though I have to agree they seem to be going in circles with Shane I'm actually glad that she wasn't left with Paige, I didn't like the relationship at all and it seemed like she was only with her because she missed Shay and wanted something close to a family. I'd have much rather seen her stay with Carmen.

What bothers me is that they keep taking her from one relationship and putting her right back into another, she either needs to commit or they take her right back to full on player. What I'd have loved to see is a little competition between her and Papi, I have a feeling that would be hilarious.

True. I liked Papi. While I like Shane (I've never found her to be more attractive than many of the characters in the show, but I love how great of a friend she is), she's basically comic relief now. I never liked her with Paige. I guess she was okay with Carmen, but Shane turned out to be herself so that didn't work out. Shane should just stick to being a "player", although that would be difficult to do without suggesting that she hasn't grown. Which is why I think the creators / writers tried to make her more mature by bringing Shay into her life. Didn't really work out that way...

Mouldylocks

[4]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    I agree and disagree, I disliked the Shane/Paige relationship, they had terrible chemistry imo, however I hate the circles they are going in in regards to Shane. It seemed like a big cop out to just "oh look someone hot hit on her, and she's single again."

Boomer76

[5]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 8

Well I can understand that this is a drama and they need things to happen but not a single relationship in this show has worked in the long run. Really really getting silly.

Are they saying lesbians can not have any long lasting and meaningful relationships ?

Sayville

[6]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 4

The show isn't that original, everyone is modeled off QAF and Shane is clearly Brian.

What was the point of dragging the relationship to this season, why not end another season with her "relationship" falling apart?

slim324k

[7]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    How can her ways get old? Everyone has that commitment phobic friend, hell it might even be you for that matter. Besides, all the hot women they got running around I'd be Shane's biggest supporter.

Decom-posuer

[8]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 6
    I would like if they left the releationship drama for the others characters and keep showing shane like a player, cause that's what mekes her diferent to the others women in yhe show (except for papi which btw i really want to know what happened to her).
    Edited on 01/20/2008 11:46pm

slim324k

[9]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    Think Shane's the better player, Papi was just a hype so let her be I say.