The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Bette/Tina relationship?

  • Avatar of hellhod

    hellhod

    [1]Oct 24, 2006
    • member since: 05/22/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    I've just finished season 1 of The L Word and I'm a bit dissapointed over Bette's cheating. But will they ever get back together again. I really have to know, because I cant watch another episode untill I find out. Please give me an answer. Nothing specially detailed but something if they may get together as a couple again or at least become close friends again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sizz_leteen

    sizz_leteen

    [2]Oct 24, 2006
    • member since: 11/14/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,225
    No one knows, yet. Apparently, Bette will be with someone else for at least part of season 4. We'll have to wait and see.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jkalen81

    jkalen81

    [3]Nov 11, 2006
    • member since: 09/29/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,151
    I sure hope they will.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mezza928

    mezza928

    [4]Dec 9, 2006
    • member since: 05/04/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 214
    i hope they do aswell, although tina kinda annoyed me in season 3. i feel for bette cos she was trying really hard to make it work and tina was just like ' i like men now'
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diamondcandy333

    diamondcandy333

    [5]Dec 18, 2006
    • member since: 04/10/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 233
    mezza928 wrote:
    i hope they do aswell, although tina kinda annoyed me in season 3. i feel for bette cos she was trying really hard to make it work and tina was just like ' i like men now'


    *newbie here on the forum*
    yes i really hope bette/tina get back together. like the post before me said tina was very annoying last season. so i pray season 4 they'll work things out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NectPL

    NectPL

    [6]Dec 25, 2006
    • member since: 04/02/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 49
    I think that Bette & Tina relationship is the main plot of the show. So I can't imagine them being apart for more than a half of the season. I just hope for the best.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pablobiglia

    pablobiglia

    [7]Dec 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/28/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 28

    They are great together, the most beautiful couple on the show!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antonie2

    antonie2

    [8]Dec 27, 2006
    • member since: 05/08/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 92

    I liked them together before... But not any more!

    Tina should just stay with that man or whatever... I don't care!

    But Bette should find a new love! Maybe Helena... They would make a great couple, I think.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dAnRaD010

    dAnRaD010

    [9]Jan 5, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 282
    i don't like them together.. too much drama.. but i also don't like the fact that Tina is in a relationship with a man.. hmmm.. i think Bette should be with that Senator she met on the 3rd season..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mezza928

    mezza928

    [10]Jan 8, 2007
    • member since: 05/04/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 214
    omg how awesome would helena and bette be? 2 most beauiful women on the show, haha. ohh i love bette so much, hopefully they find her a new girl thats better than tina. but ye as a few of you have said, i hope tina fixes herself up this season
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mcmaniz

    mcmaniz

    [11]Jan 8, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 38
    I really hate Tina. I wish she would have been the one they killed off. I loved Dana
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JalineTV

    JalineTV

    [12]Jan 8, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,094
    antonie2 wrote:

    I liked them together before... But not any more!

    Tina should just stay with that man or whatever... I don't care!

    But Bette should find a new love! Maybe Helena... They would make a great couple, I think.



    I completely agree about Bette and Tina. I'm sure they'll find their way back to each other in the future, but I really think Bette and Helena would be a hot couple, particularly because they have similar personalities.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Robinmn

    Robinmn

    [13]Jan 9, 2007
    • member since: 09/14/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 24
    I hate Bette, I wish she was killed off rather than Dana.

    Bette is a whiner.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sayville

    Sayville

    [14]Jan 9, 2007
    • member since: 01/10/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 53

    Robinmn wrote:
    I hate Bette, I wish she was killed off rather than Dana.

    Bette is a whiner.

    I agree.

    Funny how everyone here in on Tina's case when it was Bette that did the first damage to the relationship when she had that affair with the skany carpenter.

    As for Tina going back to men, she was with men before Bette and I think Better is enough to turn anyone straight.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Writer2000

    Writer2000

    [15]Jan 9, 2007
    • member since: 08/27/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 428
    Sayville wrote:

    Robinmn wrote:
    I hate Bette, I wish she was killed off rather than Dana.

    Bette is a whiner.

    I agree.

    Funny how everyone here in on Tina's case when it was Bette that did the first damage to the relationship when she had that affair with the skany carpenter.

    As for Tina going back to men, she was with men before Bette and I think Better is enough to turn anyone straight.

    I agree with the both of you. I don't like how everyone is on Tina's case, Bette was the first one to pretty much ruin their relationship by cheating on Tina, and I think that most of what Bette has done since then has been way out of line. She really is a whiner. As for Tina going back to men, that didn't surprise me at all. Once they revealed in episode 1.12 that Bette was the first and at that point only woman Tina had ever been with since she dated men until she met Bette, Tina became a ticking time bomb to me that would inevitabally go back to men. I do think that Bette's actions are enough to make anyone go back to men. I don't know what they're planning to do next with Tina's character, but I would kind of like to see her go back to Helena instead of going back to Bette, but I don't know if that's going to happen. That's pretty much just wishful thinking on my part.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Robinmn

    Robinmn

    [16]Jan 10, 2007
    • member since: 09/14/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 24
    Writer2000 wrote:
    Sayville wrote:

    Robinmn wrote:
    I hate Bette, I wish she was killed off rather than Dana.

    Bette is a whiner.

    I agree.

    Funny how everyone here in on Tina's case when it was Bette that did the first damage to the relationship when she had that affair with the skany carpenter.

    As for Tina going back to men, she was with men before Bette and I think Better is enough to turn anyone straight.

    I agree with the both of you. I don't like how everyone is on Tina's case, Bette was the first one to pretty much ruin their relationship by cheating on Tina, and I think that most of what Bette has done since then has been way out of line. She really is a whiner. As for Tina going back to men, that didn't surprise me at all. Once they revealed in episode 1.12 that Bette was the first and at that point only woman Tina had ever been with since she dated men until she met Bette, Tina became a ticking time bomb to me that would inevitabally go back to men. I do think that Bette's actions are enough to make anyone go back to men. I don't know what they're planning to do next with Tina's character, but I would kind of like to see her go back to Helena instead of going back to Bette, but I don't know if that's going to happen. That's pretty much just wishful thinking on my part.


    Thanks you two!  My buddies here don't agree with me and are all Bette-fanatics.  I was starting to doubt my own convictions
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Writer2000

    Writer2000

    [17]Jan 10, 2007
    • member since: 08/27/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 428
    Robinmn wrote:
    Writer2000 wrote:
    Sayville wrote:

    Robinmn wrote:
    I hate Bette, I wish she was killed off rather than Dana.

    Bette is a whiner.

    I agree.

    Funny how everyone here in on Tina's case when it was Bette that did the first damage to the relationship when she had that affair with the skany carpenter.

    As for Tina going back to men, she was with men before Bette and I think Better is enough to turn anyone straight.

    I agree with the both of you. I don't like how everyone is on Tina's case, Bette was the first one to pretty much ruin their relationship by cheating on Tina, and I think that most of what Bette has done since then has been way out of line. She really is a whiner. As for Tina going back to men, that didn't surprise me at all. Once they revealed in episode 1.12 that Bette was the first and at that point only woman Tina had ever been with since she dated men until she met Bette, Tina became a ticking time bomb to me that would inevitabally go back to men. I do think that Bette's actions are enough to make anyone go back to men. I don't know what they're planning to do next with Tina's character, but I would kind of like to see her go back to Helena instead of going back to Bette, but I don't know if that's going to happen. That's pretty much just wishful thinking on my part.


    Thanks you two! My buddies here don't agree with me and are all Bette-fanatics. I was starting to doubt my own convictions


    You're welcome, and I don't think that you should doubt your convictions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Writer2000

    Writer2000

    [18]Jan 10, 2007
    • member since: 08/27/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 428
    ******Spoilers***********




    I just read an article about Marlee Matlin's experience at the season four premiere party over on l-word.com, and it said that during a Q &A session with Marlee, she announced that she has now signed a contract to be on The L Word for three seasons, so it looks like Jodie is going to be around for a while. I know that this might not bode well for Bette & Tina's relationship, but I'm really excited to hear that since Marlee is one of my most favorite actresses.
    Edited on 01/10/2007 4:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of badaboumbabou

    badaboumbabou

    [19]Jan 13, 2007
    • member since: 08/27/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 126
    Hello !

    I didn't know that Marlee has signed a contrat for 3 seasons ! It seems long ! Oh I'm disapointed because I hoped that Bette and Tina could be back together in the end ! But it's great for the show if people like her ! I can't wait to see her character on the show and what's that story with Bette ! Plus, Tina doesn't deserve Bette's love after all she has done. I loved Tina's character for the first season but now she's so awfull with Bette ! So, let's see what's going to happen in the next few weeks ! Maybe Marlee will become one of the favorites ! :-)

    See you soon,

    Barbara
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mezza928

    mezza928

    [20]Jan 14, 2007
    • member since: 05/04/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 214
    oh i like bette leave her alone u tina people!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.