The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Bette/Tina relationship?

awesomemel87

[21]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    Bette make a mistake granted it was a fairly largehurtful mistake but clearly she love Tina and is turly sorry for her actions i hope they get back together and soon!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MissingMermaid

[22]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    I love Marlee Matlin. She was amazing in Sound & Fury. Also, I love it when deaf people get exposure in the media, it's a personal thing...I can't wait to see her on The L Word. I'm sure she'll be wonderful.

SportiChic

[23]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 2
    Ok i have to say Bette is my favourite character on this show. And she hurt Tina very badly yes, but i just still love Bette anyway. Although i got season 1 on dvd for christmas and only started watching The L Word when it started repeats here, so this tuesday will be the episode where Bette hires Candace so i haven't seen the last few of season 1 yet. However, i love Bette and Tina together! Maybe im just too much of a Jennifer Beals fan though lol

elibrit

[24]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    Contains SPOILERS!!

Bette and Tina have gone throught so much during the past 3 seasons. And I don't think that they're EVER getting back together, I mean, it would be weird after all that's happened. Besides, Tina has passed over to the straight side The least they can do is split the parental rights over Anjelica, and that's the best case scenario of them being together And Bette...  Bette is about to let another person in her life because she's found closure on the Tina case and she's more than ready to move on.

SO, if you ask me, they are Sooo not getting together again ... and they weren't all that good together at first place I never liked that couple, Bette is too good for Tina
    Edited on 01/24/2007 3:04am

jkalen81

[25]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 20
    I would say they both made mistakes and I'm not buying in to this Tina-being-straight thing! No, they have to get back together some day, anything else would be like a tragedy for me. From what I can see, they still have feelings for eachother and there's no reason to fight that. Go ahead, you have my permission.

elibrit

[26]Jan 24, 2007
    Acctually, I've seen Ilene's review over season 4, and she said that Bette and Tina are likely to never get back together. 4 new characters are planned to appear in season 4, one of which will become Bette's new girlfriend, who Bette will fall in love with. Those two will be toghether at least by the end of season 4.

Not my choice though... Ilene said it so

dAnRaD010

[27]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    i don't like them to get back together again.. i like Bette with that student of hers (i forgot the name)..

dark_lady22

[29]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 10

I have watched the show from the first season and I am still amazed as some of the remarks made by the viewers. I feel the parts these women are portraying are amazing. It may not be what you want to happen but that is what makes the show interesting and keeps fans coming back for more. Jennifer and Laurel are both wonderful actresses and they make a great couple on the show, however, if the writers feel that they need to be apart at this time then that is what will happen. I like the way the interact when they are in the same scene. You can still see the twinkle in Jennifers eyes when she looks at Laurel. The same with Laurel when she looks at Jennifer. I think they need to be back together but that's just my opinion. I will continue to watch the show no matter who they are paired with. I have been a fan of Jennifer since she was in Flashdance and have most of her movies.

LOVE JENNIFER BETTE BEALS  

Tibette77

[30]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    Put it this way you won't be disappointed for long...Tibette belong together..
    Edited on 01/29/2007 5:05am

badaboumbabou

[31]Jan 29, 2007
    hello everyone ! I Liked Tina when she was Bette's woman in the first season ! But after that when she was this super-independant woman I didn't liked her so much ! And the worst was when she decided to be a straight woman.

I can't Imagine that Ilene is going to never let them be back together! This first season was really great for Bette and Tina ! But after that, i'ts getting worse and worse... I hope that Ilene will realize that lot of people want to see them together again ! Ilene if you hear me... lol ! It's time to make things right ! LOL

See you soon

sixx_6

[32]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    episode 4 of season 4-sorry hun you're not happy yet but i see possible potential from tina here If Alice keeps doin the Alice thing Bette will be happy again

buffyheir

[33]Jan 30, 2007

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Sadly, I don't see B&t getting back together for the foreseeable future. 

Someone else on this thread said something about Marlee Martin being signed for 3 seasons... I'm not really sure if that could be true. I'm think Showtime only ever renegotiate for a season at a time. If they'd signed Martin (and I'm sure she's getting paid well, she's a name) for 3 seasons and it got cancelled after season four, then they'd still have to pay out surely?  I read somewhere that even the main cast only renew their contracts for a year at a time after the show has been re-ordered.  But that could be rubbish..

I don't know. I doubt that Martin will stick around for that long.  I don't think i'll be a fan of the Bette/Jodi rship.  I'd be more passionate about it if she got with an existing character on the show that we know and love.  I do love B&T muchly though I think they both would have to change alot from where they are to get back together.  They've grown so far apart as individuals.  So the very earliest anyone could hope for a reunion should be end of season 5 (should there be one and the writers keep it in character.)

I do think it's strange that B&T have such a huge following.. We've never really seen them 100% happy and drama free.  If we'd seen them early on before their seven year itch and lesbian bed death, that would have been nice.  But, oh no, not dramatic enough.  (There are people happy - Quick Illene!  Do Something!) I think it's because they were the established couple we all could root for in season 1.

Ah, in the L Word, the course of true love will NEVER run smoothly and NEVER end well

Writer2000

[34]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 17
    buffyheir wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Sadly, I don't see B&t getting back together for the foreseeable future.

Someone else on this thread said something about Marlee Martin being signed for 3 seasons... I'm not really sure if that could be true. I'm think Showtime only ever renegotiate for a season at a time. If they'd signed Martin (and I'm sure she's getting paid well, she's a name) for 3 seasons and it got cancelled after season four, then they'd still have to pay out surely? I read somewhere that even the main cast only renew their contracts for a year at a time after the show has been re-ordered. But that could be rubbish..

I don't know. I doubt that Martin will stick around for that long. I don't think i'll be a fan of the Bette/Jodi rship. I'd be more passionate about it if she got with an existing character on the show that we know and love. I do love B&T muchly though I think they both would have to change alot from where they are to get back together. They've grown so far apart as individuals. So the very earliest anyone could hope for a reunion should be end of season 5 (should there be one and the writers keep it in character.)

I do think it's strange that B&T have such a huge following.. We've never really seen them 100% happy and drama free. If we'd seen them early on before their seven year itch and lesbian bed death, that would have been nice. But, oh no, not dramatic enough. (There are people happy - Quick Illene! Do Something!) I think it's because they were the established couple we all could root for in season 1.

Ah, in the L Word, the course of true love will NEVER run smoothly and NEVER end well

Marlee Matlin announced the news herself that she had signed a three year contract with The L Word at the season four premiere party so I'm pretty sure it's true.

dark_lady22

[35]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 10

I just watched episode 4 season4 again and I think the lines of communication between Bette and  Tina are still there. Eventhough they may not be real friendly to each other. I think as long as they are talking there may be hope for them in the future. Someone said as long as they have a child together they must talk sometime. I would like to think in the future episodes they would talk a little more to each other. By the clip of episode 5 they will be talking about Kit. At least they are together sometimes. At the basketball game when the girls were putting Tina down, the look on Bette's face showed she was concerned for her feelings. If you noticed she didn't say anything against Tina. Sometimes is what you don't say that counts.

LOVE JENNIFER BETTE BEALS

papaki_74

[36]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 13
    I'm a Tibetter - and i'm proud .. I don't think that MM signing for 3 years necessarily means that she is going to be there for Bette.Many things can happen and many new couples can be formed. I just keep my hope for a Bette-Tina reunion in s5.. I think that this kind of chemistry can't be lost this way.. In fact it was JB who said that Bette has not found closure yet..

Sayville

[37]Feb 1, 2007

jkalen81 wrote:
    I would say they both made mistakes and I'm not buying in to this Tina-being-straight thing! No, they have to get back together some day, anything else would be like a tragedy for me. From what I can see, they still have feelings for eachother and there's no reason to fight that. Go ahead, you have my permission.

Tina was straight or rather with men only till she met Bette. 

After Better gtried to run off with the kid Tina should have called the cops and had her thrown in prison.  Over the border and a few state lines makes it a federal crime.

silver-star

[38]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'm not hoping for Bette & Tina to get back together.

I think they had a nice relationship in the 1st season but that's the thing. It's "nice" not exciting. Boring for the most part. Even their love scenes weren't hot. It didn't sizzle like any of those that Shane has been on.

Besides, eversince Tina got a job, it wasn't the same person anymore that made the Bette-Tina relationship so good. Bette, since she lost her job, also has turned into a whiny, pathetic person. Far from the take charge person in season 1.

Sayville

[39]Feb 5, 2007

silver-star wrote:
    I'm not hoping for Bette & Tina to get back together. I think they had a nice relationship in the 1st season but that's the thing. It's "nice" not exciting. Boring for the most part. Even their love scenes weren't hot. It didn't sizzle like any of those that Shane has been on. Besides, eversince Tina got a job, it wasn't the same person anymore that made the Bette-Tina relationship so good. Bette, since she lost her job, also has turned into a whiny, pathetic person. Far from the take charge person in season 1.

Good points about the work/non-work factor.

Tina had given up her career to take care of the home and start the family.  I think Bette liked being the bread winner and when she wasn't her nose got bent out of shape over it.

badaboumbabou

[40]Feb 5, 2007
    I just loved Bette the "take charge person" and Tina the lovely wife at home ! :p héhé The fact that Tina found a job destroyed the couple, in my opinion. Yes, she wasn't the same person anymore. I just hope they will end up together.