The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Bette/Tina relationship?

dAnRaD010

[41]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    badaboumbabou wrote:
    I just loved Bette the "take charge person" and Tina the lovely wife at home ! :p héhé The fact that Tina found a job destroyed the couple, in my opinion. Yes, she wasn't the same person anymore. I just hope they will end up together.

I don't think it is Tina's fault at all.. it is Bette whose cold from the very beggining.. i don't think she put much effort in their relationship..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sofly82

[42]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 1

Bette and tina in the L word, its the most important and true love couple, but I thinks tina in the second season don´t correspond at love the bette... its sorry..

Sayville

[43]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 4
    sofly82 wrote:

Bette and tina in the L word, its the most important and true love couple, but I thinks tina in the second season don´t correspond at love the bette... its sorry..

true love?  Bette went and screwed around with a construction chick, how is that true love

badaboumbabou

[44]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    I Really believe that the L word is based on Tina/Bette's relationship. All the other stories are built on the basis of them. It's the bottom line of the show. What do you think?

dark_lady22

[45]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 10

I too feel that the show was at one time centered around the relationship betweem Bette and Tina, however the storylines have changed. I feel they tried to show other relationships in depth but are lacking in the chemistry that we saw between Bette and Tina. I don't think any couple will ever be able to convey the love, caring and sincerity that they showed us. I would love to see them together again as a couple but that is not a decission for me to make. I only hope IC reads all the messages about our favorite couple and gives them another chance. The are great!!!!

LOVE BETTE AND TINA

asmi999

[46]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 3
    I am not sure that this is true. The show revolves around all sorts of bi-sexual, lesbian & straight relationships, and how they all bind together. Bette and Tina's relationship is just one part of the shows main theme base.

coffeegirl0714

[47]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    mezza928 wrote:
    oh i like bette leave her alone u tina people!!!

Yeah leave Bette alone! I like her too!

dark_lady22

[48]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    I think the lines of communication between Bette and Tina are still open. I loved the scene at Bette's when Tina said she thought she make a mistake. The look in Bette'e eyes was met with mixed feelings. I don't know if she was happy or shocked. I think if they continue to be civil when they are together that there is hope for them. When they were at the Planet together it brought back old memories. I loved the way they looked at each other. You can see so much love in their eyes for each other.   LOVE BETTE AND TINA

hellhod

[49]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Finally! In the last episode ( I could experience the good vibes around Bette and Tina. They are so great on the screen together. They have the best connection of all tv-shows couples (that I know of). You could se the sparkles in  Bette's eyes when Tina confessed that she missed beeing with her. It felt good when she told Bette that the relationship they've had was special and with unique bonding ! I really hope for them to get back together again in the end of this season. I've really hated Tina for the last seasons because of the hostile behavior she's had, and going straight was even worse. I hope that Tina had got enough of the straight life and will return to the "perfect circle"!

Go Mamma B and MammaT

aceroccers

[50]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    Totally agree about Bette and Tina having great chemistry on the show. Even if their on-screen time is so little, they still seem to have the most impact--that's just my opinion though.

Heh. TV.com is just reaking with spoilers :3
    If you read the summaries for the upcoming episodes, it kind of gives a hint as to what's going to happen. I have a feeling that this season's finale is going to be oozing with drama

...And maybe a reunion of Bette and Tina *rejoices*

Lsavad

[51]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    Im a die hard Bette and Tina fan... so im really hoping they get back together. But i just saw the preview for episode 10 and i think Tina might be a bit of a rebound for bette... i hope not though

ilovebette

[52]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 7

I hope that Tina and Bette get back together. I just wish that when they do Bette can be as romantic to Tina as she is with Jodi. More romantic would be nicer. Just now it makes me think that at one point Bette has taken Tina for granted and that is just so sad. Tina so wants to get back together with Bette and it is so painful to watch her help Bette be with Jodi while deep inside she wants Bette for herself. I really would like for them to get back together. They are soulmates.

Tibette forever!

roseated

[53]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 2
    Nope, I have had just about enough of them. ENOUGH ALREADY! They were a lovely couple back in the day; the ways their eyes lit up and the warmth of bettes smile?,WOW. But there has too much bad behaviour, drawn out on both sides. In fact, I no longer really even like tinas character... Go on girls, go find people that can be supportive, that make you sparkle, that bring out your best. AndWOW, is Bette;s best ever great!