The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

better than I thought it would be...

netgoddess

[1]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 10

I'm just getting started with this show...I tend to shy away from "soap opera" type shows and prefer scifi and action shows. But I just watched the two hour pilot and am intrigued.

I am bi and have been single for a long time since breaking up with my ex boyfriend of four years.

I haven't been with another woman in like five years and am thinking about getting back into the dating thing, I mostly am into women and although I was monogamous with my boyfriend I really think I should find a girlfriend for my next LTR. Seems that it is harder to find women than men, lesbians tend not to take bi women as seriously and I need to be the center of a relationship, I can't be some married chick's girlfriend-on-the-side. Now that I'm in my 30's dating seems more complicated.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

netgoddess

[2]Nov 25, 2009
    I'm most attracted to Jenny although Marina looks like my ex gf although my ex is a lot shorter and doesn't have an accent.

netgoddess

[3]Mar 22, 2010
    Well my original thoughts were based on the first few episodes of season one. Now that I've seen the whole show...

Carmen is the girl of my dreams.

I'd date Alice in a heartbeat.

I'd also date Helena, or Lara.

I know everyone loves Shane, but I'd rather be best friends with her than date her.

Mia is hot but Jenny was so insane I wouldn't even want to be superficially associated with her.