The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Episode 6-6: Lactose Intolerant (02/22/2009) - Discussion Thread

Talvix

[1]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 52
    Please discuss episode 6-6: Lactose Intolerant in this thread. Click on the link to read the episode description from Showtime:

***SPOILER***

Next week: the penultimate episode, 6-7: Last Couple Standing (March 1, 2009)

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

breezy2281

[2]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 19
    i was really excited to see Helena and Dylan hook back up in this episode, i've been waiting for it! i watched the whole scene between them like three times lol. When Helena started crying i almost cried. I can't believe Jenny did that to alice...well actually i can. i don't know if this might be a possible spoiler, but if the spinoff is going to star alice in prison, maybe she went overboard and killed jenny? lol however i really don't see alice doing something that drastic.

SVU_Obsessed

[3]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 22
    Um breezy2281, I think you posted in the wrong episode thread. Anyway, I liked this episode. I couldn't stop laughing after Bette imitated that chick's laugh when her and Tina were deciding whether the chick was gay or not. Jenny got on my nerves as usual, but what else is new.

zaracat

[4]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    Everyone should get the chance to kill Jenny! She's worse than ever, it seems like every time she opens her big mouth all that comes out is one more excellent reason to kill her. As for Shane being sick, personally I think Jenny is slipping her something. After all, if she's sick she'll rely on Jenny more and be less likely to look elsewhere or to just leave her.

sizz_leteen

[5]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 16
    Can I just say that Jamie's amazing? After this episode, I'm starting to have my doubts about the Jamie/Tasha/Alice threesome that everyone seems to be expecting. The fact that Jamie works as a counsellor makes me think that she's trying to bring the two of them closer together through their mutual crush on her. See how she got Tasha to open up about her family as she was talking about her own? Alice saw a whole new side of Tasha, and the discovery wasn't made after an argument or drama. And the fact that Jamie waited until Tasha and Alice were through with their little quickie before entering the living room shows that she has no intention of getting between them. She had a very easy opportunity to join them if she had wanted to! Tasha and Alice are attending couple's therapy without realizing it! And it seems to be working, in spite of the fact that Dan Foxworthy told them that they don't belong together! It's unfortunate that this is the last season. I'd have loved to see more of Jamie. She's totally sweet and adorable.

thaicefenix

[6]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    All i have to say is: when jenny does whatever she does with that camera phone pic... BETTE'S GOING TO FLIP!... if i didn't have a strong hunch about who will kill jenny's hide i'd lightly say the words BETTE IS GOING TO KILL JENNY!
    Edited on 02/23/2009 12:53pm

breezy2281

[7]Feb 23, 2009
    i apologize everyone, i did post in the wrong thread. i should have posted that in Litimis Test. again i'm sorry

breezy2281

[8]Feb 23, 2009
    ugh, i can't stand jenny. she creates destruction and chaos wherever she goes, and why? because she's not happy with herself, she has to destroy everyone else's relationships too? first she messes with helena and dylan, ugh she's so sickening. then she messes with max. now she's manipulating shane so much that when shane tries to be herself and do something with Nikki, she gets sick. at first i thought it might be because she felt guilty, but it wouldn't surprise me if jenny gave her something to make her sick intentionally. and now, now jenny is going to wreck bette and tina's relationship when bette told Wentworth no, and they were just picking up glass. god, i would kill jenny too. all of her friends want to kill her, so that storyline was brilliant in a way to keep you guessing who it is. i hope dylan comes back, and i hope bette and tina don't break up. that would be the third sucky thing of this season. like we have to give up all the couples we like. i wonder if alice or tasha is going to sleep with jamie. she seems to have some kind of agenda of her own. and how can Kit not recognize who the guy is that's hitting on her?

Anicka123

[9]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 3

guys I have to tell you something. I killed Jenny.....or I wish I killed her. I can't stand her, I really can't get the point of such behavior! If she spoils things between Bette and Tina just when Bette did the right thing I'm gonna be very disappointed. I hope that's not how the writer imagines things to end up for Tibette. Jenny die already:-(((

SVU_Obsessed

[10]Feb 24, 2009
    I got a knot in my stomach when Jenny took the picture. I just hope Tina believes Bette over *throws up slightly in mouth* Jenny.

IZZIEbest

[11]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    I'm not quite sure what to think about Jenny taking the picture and the possible consequences. At first, I was very worried since I want Bette to finally be able to be happy and showing the photo to Tina would definitely not contribute to her state of happiness. But I rembered the first episode of season 6, when they showed how the parademics brought Jenny's body into the living room and the others were sitting there. Before, Bette told the commissioner that Tina was her partner and later they were holding hands. We know that everything what is shown afterwards is a flashback. If the scene was real, Jenny really dies aso, apart from their devastation about the death, they didn't seem like not being a couple anymore.

Anicka123

[12]Feb 24, 2009

IZZIEbest wrote:
    I'm not quite sure what to think about Jenny taking the picture and the possible consequences. At first, I was very worried since I want Bette to finally be able to be happy and showing the photo to Tina would definitely not contribute to her state of happiness. But I rembered the first episode of season 6, when they showed how the parademics brought Jenny's body into the living room and the others were sitting there. Before, Bette told the commissioner that Tina was her partner and later they were holding hands. We know that everything what is shown afterwards is a flashback. If the scene was real, Jenny really dies aso, apart from their devastation about the death, they didn't seem like not being a couple anymore.

heeey! yes how didn't I think of that. I just hope that you're right about the meaning of that. The only thing that worries me now is that Jenny might turn into a zombie and torture us till the last minute:-))))), and when I watched the first episode, i was hoping that they will return to the dieing moment i 603-604 maybe, I didn't expect it will go on until the end. I would definitely enjoy this last season more without her presence

breezy2281

[13]Feb 24, 2009
    Anicka123 wrote:

guys I have to tell you something. I killed Jenny.....or I wish I killed her. I can't stand her, I really can't get the point of such behavior! If she spoils things between Bette and Tina just when Bette did the right thing I'm gonna be very disappointed. I hope that's not how the writer imagines things to end up for Tibette. Jenny die already:-(((

lol, agreed

breezy2281

[14]Feb 24, 2009

IZZIEbest wrote:

true. maybe tina killed jenny lol. or maybe shane did because she can't stand how evil jenny is being to the rest of her friends

breezy2281

[15]Feb 24, 2009
    Anicka123 wrote:

IZZIEbest wrote:

heeey! yes how didn't I think of that. I just hope that you're right about the meaning of that. The only thing that worries me now is that Jenny might turn into a zombie and torture us till the last minute:-))))), and when I watched the first episode, i was hoping that they will return to the dieing moment i 603-604 maybe, I didn't expect it will go on until the end. I would definitely enjoy this last season more without her presence

i can't believe dylan took off after that. helena deserves a chance to explain and be happy with dylan, especially after what helena forgave HER for. and by the way, screw it guys. maybe Sherri Jaffy came back and killed jenny, or that vet that she upset lol.

Anicka123

[16]Feb 24, 2009
    OMG! Tina and Bette are definitely together at the end, and it's big time too!

Stingseven

[17]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 8
    I am LOVING this season. I was really hoping someone would snatch that lollipop out of her hand and beat her with it when she was chiding Dylan. And, I loved Alice's speech to Max when she talked about "not standing up to your girlfriend even though you know she's wrong." I laughed out loud!

I'm surprised Elizabeth Berkley is doing so well, why is Cybil Shepherd still in the opening credits, what is the deal with Weezy, and Sunset is suddenly heterosexual??? And finally, I killed Jenny. Thank me later.

SVU_Obsessed

[18]Feb 27, 2009
    Well at least the girls are starting to come to terms with the fact that Jenny is malicious. Shane still gets on my nerves for practically ignoring Jenny's contraversies. I liked the scene with Alice and Shane with the helium balloon.