Showtime (ended 2009)

jodi or tina.. for bette porter on the last season

Shana868

[21]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 40
    Milks23 wrote:
    Shana868 wrote:
    Jodi.

While I think Bette and Tina share a lot of past, it's clear that they work much better now as friends than they ever did in a relationship. If they got back together, their problems wouldn't really change. They'd just settle back into their own routine. They haven't changed enough for it to work.

Whereas Jodi as much more Bette's equal. While Tina compliments Bette, it's Jodi who probably is strong enough herself to have a visible effect on Bette in the end. They are equally strong, independent and artistic, so Jodi serves to make Bette better.

Becoming friends first strengthens a relationship. Your reasons for wanting Jodi and Bette are great....but the relationship will not last.

No, I don't think either relationship would last. However, at this time in her life I think that Jodi is better for Bette than Tina is. In the last season we have seen Bette challenged. She has had to face-up to some of her flaws and become more responsible around other people. She was with Tina for years and that never happened.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ravingwoman

[22]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    I like bette and tina of course but Tina has way too many issues and she was acting like a jerk when she got together with that guy. They have more chemistry than bette and jodi and itseems like Bette always has to chase Jodi. So ya...BETTE AND TINA but Tina needs to get her act together.

Shana868

[23]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 40
    ravingwoman wrote:
    I like bette and tina of course but Tina has way too many issues and she was acting like a jerk when she got together with that guy. They have more chemistry than bette and jodi and itseems like Bette always has to chase Jodi. So ya...BETTE AND TINA but Tina needs to get her act together.

I don't think Bette is the one always doing the chasing with Jodi

Jodi initiated the nearly-kiss when they were smoking dope.

Jodi came round to Bette's house after their disastrous meal.

Those are just two examples I can think or right now.

I think it would be fair to say that Jodi did way more of the chasing in the early stages of the relationship. And when they broke-up it was stalemate until Jodi decided to move away.

Sayville

[24]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 4

breezy2281 wrote:
    i definately think jodi....what, now that bette is falling in love again tina wants to be selfish AGAIN because things aren't working out for her in her little messed up world, so she has to try to ruin bette's life again? nah...i love the whole marlee matlin in the L word now, and i think jodi's character for bette is awesome.

Ruin Bette's life again?

That is soooo funny since it was Bette that tried to plan every aspect of Tina's life and it was Bette that ran off across the border with the baby. Bette is lucky Tina didn't have her thrown in jail.

ilovebette

[25]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    Sayville wrote:

breezy2281 wrote:
    i definately think jodi....what, now that bette is falling in love again tina wants to be selfish AGAIN because things aren't working out for her in her little messed up world, so she has to try to ruin bette's life again? nah...i love the whole marlee matlin in the L word now, and i think jodi's character for bette is awesome.

Ruin Bette's life again?

That is soooo funny since it was Bette that tried to plan every aspect of Tina's life and it was Bette that ran off across the border with the baby. Bette is lucky Tina didn't have her thrown in jail.

Bette did control Tina. But Tina went out with a man and drove her to take their baby. What Bette did was wrong, yes. They both have faults in the relationship but I don't think that doesn't mean that they should be together. Who said a relationship is easy and perfect, right? At the end of the day what matters is how they feel for one another. And I really believe that they are not meant for anybody else but for each other.

Tibette77

[26]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    Without a doubt it has to be Tina......She is the only one for Bette....They belong together no matter how long it takes for them to reunite....True love never dies......TiBette forever..xxxxx

breezy2281

[27]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 19

Shana868 wrote:
    Jodi. While I think Bette and Tina share a lot of past, it's clear that they work much better now as friends than they ever did in a relationship. If they got back together, their problems wouldn't really change. They'd just settle back into their own routine. They haven't changed enough for it to work. Whereas Jodi as much more Bette's equal. While Tina compliments Bette, it's Jodi who probably is strong enough herself to have a visible effect on Bette in the end. They are equally strong, independent and artistic, so Jodi serves to make Bette better.

i agree. Jodie is not afraid to call Bette out and be bossed around. She stands up to Bette when she thinks she needs to. tina lost her chance when she didn't want to take her second chance. Bette was willing to work things out and tina decided she wanted to be with a man, so too bad for her. maybe something interesting will happen this season and tina will find someone else to hook up with? Shane and jenny haven't slept with tina yet lol.

personally i think they should bring some people back. marina obviously, but does anyone remember Dylan for Helena? i always thought they were good together, i'd like to see her come back. i'd also like to see the vet come back that jenny messed with last season, i liked her. also, since Angus is FINALLY out of the picture, i think it would be cool if they brought Ivan back! what do you think?

GodivaKisses

[28]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 2

Tina

I think Bette admires Jodi but nothing coming from either of them shows me that they are in love. Maybe it's the weak chemistry between the 2 i dunno. But I'm not feeling Jodi and Bette together. Especially since everytime Tina walks into a room there is this pull between her and Bette no matter who else is around.

I see Bette and Tina like Xena and Gabrielle. They are completely different and yet compliment each other. There emotions are intense and confusing. Not the mention the chemistry is stellar! They have done AWFUL things to each other in the past but ultimately what matters is love. Love never forgets but it forgives and moves beyond the hurt. That's my hope for TiBette.

Edited on 01/13/2008 3:02pm