The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

now in the Philippines!

Lampard_13

[1]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    Just wanted to inform people that the L word finally arrived here in the Phil.! I just finished watching the pilot on ETC 2nd avenue... they bleeped a few words and cut some scenes, but it's alright! at least I get to watch the hilarious Alice (Leisha Hailey) and Jennifer beals! and of course the very pretty Mia Kirshner! (I liked Jenny better in the first season, she was a lot nicer then!!!) LOL!

It's on every Thursdays at 9pm ETC 2nd Avenue.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hazel_ateeg

[2]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    yeah its palying here but its not all complete. certain parts(the kissing scenes..etc), they all cut it. and the picture looks like its been rerecorded its not that clear..but still i was surprise that they approved to play it here in the philippines.

Lampard_13

[3]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    yah I was suprised too... this being the Phil.- I thought they'd never show it here. yep... they cut a lot of scenes, but it's alright, those scenes aren't the reason I watch!

coffeegirl0714

[4]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    I'm sure that they noticed the popularity of the show and decided to show it there.  I mean the population of the gay community in the philippines is pretty big.  Well it's good to know that they are showing it there.  at least the next time i go visit i won't be missing the show even if it they are reruns.

badaboumbabou

[5]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    Lampard_13 wrote:
    Just wanted to inform people that the L word finally arrived here in the Phil.! I just finished watching the pilot on ETC 2nd avenue... they bleeped a few words and cut some scenes, but it's alright! at least I get to watch the hilarious Alice (Leisha Hailey) and Jennifer beals! and of course the very pretty Mia Kirshner! (I liked Jenny better in the first season, she was a lot nicer then!!!) LOL!

It's on every Thursdays at 9pm ETC 2nd Avenue.

Hey that's really great ! I'm happy for you. Here in Belgium, they are actually really open-minded. We've seen season 1 and 2 and season 3 is on some private networks ! It's great ^^ Vive THE L WORD !! BEST SHOW EVER !

travelslave1

[6]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 1
    I wonder if there'll ever come a time when they won't "bleep" or cut out any parts...

cherylross

[7]Mar 31, 2007

i doubt that the MTRCB will allow that to happen. it will only be possible if they air it in pay per view or in the wee hours of the morning.=) anyhu, i just started watching the series too and i just love it! =)

yanne87

[8]Apr 23, 2007
    I love this show, it's great! yeah they cut somes scenes and it's not done pretty well. . . but still the show is great

i_am_stellar

[9]May 24, 2007
    It kind of sucks that they cut out a lot of scenes, so now the show is a lot shorter than it should be. I caught a rerun of the episode during the wee hours of the morning and (surprise, surprise!) they aired it uncut. =)

ilovebette

[11]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 7

i_am_stellar wrote:
    It kind of sucks that they cut out a lot of scenes, so now the show is a lot shorter than it should be. I caught a rerun of the episode during the wee hours of the morning and (surprise, surprise!) they aired it uncut. =)

they did that?!! what day and time was that? i hope they run the next season...

magravee

[12]Aug 10, 2007
    it's just so disappointing that ionly got to know L word now! I didn't know that a tv series solely dedicated to the lesbian community is existing! but then again, i' m happy (and really excited!) thatL word has finally landed in thephilippine television. ijust hope that this is not a "tamed" version of the real L word! to all L word fans, hope we can have our own chat community where we can exchange news, stories and update (and maybe we can find a lifetime partner here)about our favorite show, the L word!

magravee

[13]Aug 10, 2007
    are you also a big fan of L word?

magravee

[14]Aug 10, 2007
    it's so nice to know that L word fan community is now growing!

jojoplayme

[15]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 2
    i never thought i could find people who are also interested in the L Word until I found this link...im also from the Philippines but I can't watch it on TV...I don't have cable anyhow...but I've watched everything from season 1 to 5 and season 6 is almost done...it's great!!!! I just watch it through the net...you can see everything w/o cuts. I'm so crazy about this show and i guess it has depicted the lives of so many people in the world...I'm so happy there's a show like this w/c is very open and realistic...thanks to showtime for this wonderful work. hey guys...i think you'd better watch it on the net so you'll see everything and be moved with the show more...coz i am already... I'm a big Tibetter fan!!!!love them both...Tina and Bette..alpha couple!!