The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Season Premiere! Episode 5-1: LGB Tease (1/6/2008) - Discussion Thread

Talvix

[1]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 52
    Time to kick off Season 5! This episode premieres on OurChart.com on December 30, 2007 -- a week early -- as a free, streaming video. However, it is a toned-down TV14 rated version and available only to US audiences. The full version premieres on Showtime on January 6, 2008 at 9 p.m.

Please discuss episode 5-1: LGB Tease in this thread. Click on the link to read the episode description from TVGuide.com:

***SPOILER***

Next week: 5-2: Look Out, Here They Come! (January 13, 2008 )

Enjoy!
    Edited on 01/04/2008 9:51am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tibette77

[2]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 2
    Well i really enjoyed the episode and look forward to seeing the full episode soon (i hope).. Plenty of my favourite character Tina. Must say Laurel Holloman is looking very FOXY.. Loved the scene's with TiBette there is still a spark between these two....So here's hoping for a reunion TiBette forever....xx

LostSux

[3]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    Anyone know the name of the song playing at the end?

coffeegirl0714

[4]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    Wow! Awesome episode! Hmmm, I think I'm actually starting to hate Jenny! I wanted to strangle her every scene she was in!

LostSux

[5]Jan 2, 2008
    coffeegirl0714 wrote:
    Wow! Awesome episode! Hmmm, I think I'm actually starting to hate Jenny! I wanted to strangle her every scene she was in!

Nice avatar

ilovebette

[6]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 7

The episode was great! I missed the girls so much! They all looked so beautiful and fresh. Love everything about the episode except for Jenny. I really hate her for how she is treating Tina. I was so happy when Bette slammed her after Shane introduced her.

I think I'm going to hate Jenny more in this season...

Tina and Bette are so pweeeeeetty!

Loved the scene with TiBette on the pool area. "Ouch!". Teehee!

Edited on 01/03/2008 2:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

AngiePie

[7]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 1

Does anyone know the name of the song playing in the trailer for season 5??????

ilovebette

[8]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    Be Be Your Love by Rachel Yamagata

AngiePie

[9]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    Thank you so much hun

sizz_leteen

[10]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    Gaaaawd, I want Jenny to go sit in something. I can't stand her.
    Loved the little Tasha/Alice reunion. "My soldier's home!"
    So cute.

LostSux

[13]Jan 7, 2008

I think I get why Jodi overreacted to the table cloth. Bette is kinda a control freak. Jodi knows that, and when she saw the table cloth, I think she knew it wasn't gonna end there. Next she was probably gonna try to paint the house, re-arrange furniture, etc. What Bette doesn't seem to get is that an artists expression of the area surrounding them is as important as breathing. For Bette not to get that, says a lot about their relationship.

Bette should be with Tina. Not that I think they are destined to be together in eternal love or anything. It's just that Bette is maternal. She needs to take care of someone. And Tina needs someone to take care of her. They both get what they need from each other. They're co-dependant; like the yuppies in "Friends".

randan02

[14]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    LostSux wrote:

I think I get why Jodi overreacted to the table cloth. Bette is kinda a control freak. Jodi knows that, and when she saw the table cloth, I think she knew it wasn't gonna end there. Next she was probably gonna try to paint the house, re-arrange furniture, etc. What Bette doesn't seem to get is that an artists expression of the area surrounding them is as important as breathing. For Bette not to get that, says a lot about their relationship.

Bette should be with Tina. Not that I think they are destined to be together in eternal love or anything. It's just that Bette is maternal. She needs to take care of someone. And Tina needs someone to take care of her. They both get what they need from each other. They're co-dependant; like the yuppies in "Friends".

I think UR right. Plus the most basic rule of psychology: "Suggestion marks dissatisfaction." If you think you can make something better, you never really liked it in the first place. Remember that guys. The next time your friend/loved one says something as benign as "Maybe you should wear this belt instead, or maybe you should place it over near the window". It all means there's an aspect of you they don't like. All this is moot of course, when you ASK for their opinion, then a suggestion is just that.

Your free amateur psychology tidbit for the new year.

Edited on 01/07/2008 10:34am

randan02

[15]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    LostSux wrote:

The song is "Kiss Me When I'm Starving" by the Heart Throbs
    from the Album Cleopatra Grip
    No, it's not on stupid itunes, or any other download sites. I had to order the cd from Ebay. If you can't find it by the time I get the cd, I'll email you the mp3.

LostSux

[16]Jan 7, 2008
    randan02 wrote:
    LostSux wrote:

The song is "Kiss Me When I'm Starving" by the Heart Throbs
    from the Album Cleopatra Grip
    No, it's not on stupid itunes, or any other download sites. I had to order the cd from Ebay. If you can't find it by the time I get the cd, I'll email you the mp3.

Man, I owe you BIG!

JalineTV

[17]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    randan02 wrote:
    LostSux wrote:

I think UR right. Plus the most basic rule of psychology: "Suggestion marks dissatisfaction." If you think you can make something better, you never really liked it in the first place. Remember that guys. The next time your friend/loved one says something as benign as "Maybe you should wear this belt instead, or maybe you should place it over near the window". It all means there's an aspect of you they don't like. All this is moot of course, when you ASK for their opinion, then a suggestion is just that.

Your free amateur psychology tidbit for the new year.

Good points. Bette is one of my favourite characters though, so when I first saw the scene I was a bit more on her side. However, this doesn't have to do with the type of person Jodi is and the type of person Bette is. The scene really said more about their relationship together more than anything.

I was glad to see Helena and Alice again. They're hilarious.

FluffyBullet

[18]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 9

I was really hoping this season would be better but they're still going down the sime tired road... What the **** happened to Jenny? She was so nice and confused and now all of a sudden she's a complete evil b-something! Seriously, that was the worst thing about last season and they're still on it, this character transition made no sense in the first place and it's just getting more and more tiresome.

Fine, Tina and Bette can have their little drama and the less I'll see of Kit the happier I'll be. But Helena in prison? Alice still with her booooring girlfriend? At least Shane got out of that horrible relationship... What happened to you L-word? You used to be the greatest thing there was, the show that brought the most laugh and who still showed genuine pain, that had this special laid back quirkiness. Now you're all messy and forced, with shifty character development and badly written plot-lines. Come back season two! I miss you!

JalineTV

[19]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 18
    While I like Tasha, I kind of agree that she is boring. And it's weird that she may not mention Papi, who was her friend (and not to mention a funny character) and has seemed to disappear off the face of the earth.

I'm still holding out for Helena + Alice. I REALLY hope they get together soon. Maybe not this season, but at least at the end of the season or in the next one. I want to see Bette and Helena together at least once, but I know that Bette will be going back to Tina again...so...Alice and Helena being together is the most realistic.

I'm hoping that Jenny will eventually come back down to earth. I enjoyed her much more in season 1 when she was really trying to find herself. Her recent actions suggest that she still doesn't know who she is (unless she really is a b!tch). Not that I don't find her amusing, because I still do. I guess someone needs to be that type of character in the show.

Overall, I liked the season premiere.