TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Spinoff - Not Happening

raging_monkey

[41]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 9
    I'm not happy about the ending of the L word what so ever, and yeah i really do want answers, but im kinda glad that their not doing a spin off because spin offs never turn out as good as people think they will, and often are very disappointing and i really dont want that to happen to the L word and especially not Leisha Hailey's character, Alice.

If anyone understands what im saying? im probably talking a load of rubbish but yeah thats what i think
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

breezy2281

[43]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 19
    i do understand what you are saying. however, since the farm would have been a different show that only might have gave us answers about the end of the L word, so i don't think it would have taken away from the awesomeness of the L word. i still think it would have been nice to see the spinoff, so i'm still disappointed. is this official or is there still a possibility they might show it? maybe the fans and even Ilene could get together with a little bit of money and help try to produce it themselves!

kayleecat

[45]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    What? No spin-off with Leisha, when did that happen? Buhh...I got really excited about it, we so need more shows as awesome as the L-Word.

SVU_Obsessed

[46]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 22
    I was heavily disappointed when I found out about the no-go for the spin-off. Perhaps more questions could have been answered. Plus it was rumored that Famke Jenssen would be in the series and that really had me looking forward to the spin-off.

I wish they could have at least done a web series of it.

breezy2281

[47]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 19
    any more news on the spin off? i was wondering if they have completly given up on the idea all together, or are their any rumors around that there may be a way this could still happen?

stellarchick86

[48]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^I really dont think it will happen. Leisha seems busy with her band, the network passed, and now Illene is working on this reality spinoff thing so. It sucks because Alice was my 2nd fave, after Shane, so Id much rather see her here than a reality show especially since Shane may come on every once in a while since Kate and Leisha are so close but..oh well, =(
    Edited on 09/09/2009 2:02am

jessmorissette

[49]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 5
    Thank God it's not happening. As far as I know they were trying to make a spin off in which Alice's bisexuality was going to be deeply explored. I heard it would have many famous [gorgeous] actresses, all bisexuals. With more straight sex to it. Actually the way I read it, it seemed to be a sexploitation written by men, not that I have a problem with it, but I kinda do.