The L Word Forums

Showtime (ended 2009)

Who in the cast is a lesbian/bisexual in real life?

coffeegirl0714

[1]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    Ok i'm really curious as to who is really gay/bisexual  in real life.  The only person I know about for sure is Leisha Hailey.  Does anyone know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bhavleena91

[2]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 8

From memory, along with Leisha being lesbian, Mia Kirshner is bisexual, Kristanna Loken is lesbian, and Kate Moennig very well could be either (she's never confirmed her sexuality). The others are all straight.

-James

Writer2000

[3]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 17
    Bhavleena91 wrote:

From memory, along with Leisha being lesbian, Mia Kirshner is bisexual, Kristanna Loken is lesbian, and Kate Moennig very well could be either (she's never confirmed her sexuality). The others are all straight.

-James

Actually, I've read several interviews that Laurel Holoman has done where she identifies herself as bisexual.

fionac39

[5]Mar 3, 2007
    leisha hailey, i knew, don't know about the rest, but i think kate moennig is really smart with not revealing her sexuality because her fanbase is so diverse. whatever way she "comes out", half of her fans are going to realise they don't have a shot with her any more. basically cuz she's hot and they all want to.

sizz_leteen

[6]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 16
    Well, many of the guests stars are gay Jane Lynch, Heather Matarazzo, and Alexandra Hedison, to name a few.
    Edited on 03/04/2007 4:01am

bluesox122

[7]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    Laurel is bisexual.

thedpg

[8]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 3
    fionac39 wrote:
    leisha hailey, i knew, don't know about the rest, but i think kate moennig is really smart with not revealing her sexuality because her fanbase is so diverse. whatever way she "comes out", half of her fans are going to realise they don't have a shot with her any more. basically cuz she's hot and they all want to.

you're so right about kate.i was convinced that she's gay but now i'm having some doubts.i've only like seen her in tux and guy's clothes and then i saw her in a dress,high heels and all that and damn,she's hot even when she all feminine.

i think she will come out but after the l word ends and i don't want it to.

bluesox122

[9]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    thedpg wrote:
    fionac39 wrote:
    leisha hailey, i knew, don't know about the rest, but i think kate moennig is really smart with not revealing her sexuality because her fanbase is so diverse. whatever way she "comes out", half of her fans are going to realise they don't have a shot with her any more. basically cuz she's hot and they all want to.

you're so right about kate.i was convinced that she's gay but now i'm having some doubts.i've only like seen her in tux and guy's clothes and then i saw her in a dress,high heels and all that and damn,she's hot even when she all feminine.

wait, i thought jennifer outted her early this year. i heard she's bisexual from what i've read.

ut0pia

[10]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    bluesox122 wrote:
    thedpg wrote:
    fionac39 wrote:

wait, i thought jennifer outted her early this year. i heard she's bisexual from what i've read.

yeah...I've read that to that she's bisexual and that jennifer on a interview, stated that she asked to kate and to others how to properly behave like a lesbian. But anyways is allways a smart move to keep it secret.

Piracyisthegame

[11]Mar 7, 2007
    Daniela Sea, who plays Max is also Gay in 'real life'. I think she has been with her partner for eight years? I might be wrong ^_^

5harm3n

[12]Mar 11, 2007
    I totaly agree! But no matter what she is everybody loves her including me

zeenkoala

[13]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    Karina Lombard has had somethin with women

Mari452

[14]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 13
    Aparently she goes to Kate to see how to act as lesbian because Kate has played lesbians and transgenders. Eighther way Kate is amazing and beautiful and sexy.
    ut0pia wrote:
    bluesox122 wrote:
    thedpg wrote:
    fionac39 wrote:

yeah...I've read that to that she's bisexual and that jennifer on a interview, stated that she asked to kate and to others how to properly behave like a lesbian. But anyways is allways a smart move to keep it secret.

abbhaqueri22605

[15]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    all i want to know is about sarah shahi, god she's so hot, im in love with her, but i want to know if she had a relationship with les before, and it would be the very happiest of my life if i will sarah in person,,

abbhaqueri22605

[16]Sep 4, 2007
    i heard that kate is gay and 1 of my friend saw kate and sarah in a restaurant in L.A only the 2 of them,

mezza928

[17]Sep 4, 2007
    kristanna loken identifies herself as bi not les btw

Howellsy

[18]Sep 10, 2007
    abbhaqueri22605 wrote:
    all i want to know is about sarah shahi, god she's so hot, im in love with her, but i want to know if she had a relationship with les before, and it would be the very happiest of my life if i will sarah in person,,

Sarah Shahi is in a relationship with Steve Howey of Reba. Kate Moennig has been spotted with girls in clubs, but was in a heterosexual relationship prior to the release of The L Word, I believe.
    Aaand, I always thought that Erin Daniels was a lesbian, or bisexual..?

Talvix

[19]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 52
    Howellsy wrote:
    Aaand, I always thought that Erin Daniels was a lesbian, or bisexual..?

Umm, no. She has always stated that she's straight, and was in fact in a relationship with Eric Lively (Mark) during Season 2.

nabsee914

[20]Nov 12, 2007

laurel is married though