The L Word

Lacuna

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 15, 2005 on Showtime

• A poor episode to close the season.

First of all, I love this show. I keep finding stuff I hate, sometimes the directing, others the editing, others something else, but I can\'t stop watching it.
    Having said that, I found this episode really poor overall. What made me dislike it: the lesbian/feminist gathering after the funeral felt like I was reading the \"feminist\" definition out of some dictionary, but with lousy acting. I also find it stupid when bands play on TV shows, it says \"MONEY\" everywhere...
    But to me, what was really silly was when Jenny cut herself. Despite the fact that it\'s a complete cliché (I don\'t mind that), it was trivialized when, after Shane finds her, the whole thing changes to something like \"Ok, you need help, now put some pants on and come with us to the hospital. NOT to take care of you, but to see the baby!\"
    And finally, Kit says \"You\'re going to have a very interesting life, because we are very interesting people!\" to the newborn baby. This bugs me for two reasons: first of all, I KNOW the characters are interesting (or at least, they are supposed to be), otherwise I wouldn\'t be watching this. Second, it feels like the 1000th nail they drove through the you-should-be-a-lesbian/feminist-Wall.