The L Word

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 15, 2005 on Showtime

• Worth watching. Spoilers ahead.

This episode sums a lot of things up - apart from why Jenny has those annoying flashbacks.

It's the time for Bett and Kit's father's funeral, and a group discussion about feminism. At the funeral, we see Alice getting slightly jealous over Dana talking to another girl. It seems as if Al wants to move faster than Dana wants to. Could cracks already be showing in their relationship?

We finally get to see Shane showing her vulnerable side. She finally admits her love for Carman. Hurrah! About time.

The Jenny mystery is still there. Much to my disappointment, Jenny is still there. At one point in the epsidoe, you see her happily dancing/singing along to a band. Throughout the song, you see her mood get worse. Then she goes home, gets in the bath, and pours water over her head. Next, you see her getting a blade out and cutting her legs.

I thought I'd missed why Jenny got so depressed, but I think it's one of those things that you have to work out. Or one of those things that you have to accept as being a waste of time in an epsiode.

Bett and Tina have their baby, which is passed around the group of friends like a bong. Good scene, until Jenny comes out with a crap line.. which you just knew was gonna come out.

There isn't a cliffhanger to be answered next season, but it'll be interesting to see what happens next.