The L Word

Lady of the Lake

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 20, 2008 on Showtime

• Tina is one lucky woman!

Let me just start off by saying that I thought this episode was absolutely amazing. While I was annoyed by several of the characters, namely Alice especially with her behavior towards Max, as well as being annoyed by Shane and Jodi's friends, I do think that those aspects of the episode really served to further those particular story lines. I definitely think that this episode was really meant to show that the relationship between Bette and Jodi isn't meant to last and that Bette and Tina really do belong together. My favorite story line was definitely the whole Tina going on a date thing. I thought that the sex scene between Tina and her date was great. I also really loved all of the stuff with Max in this episode, and I only wish that they had focused more on that story line instead of Tasha's story line which was definitely my least favorite story line for this episode. I'm so sad that Helena left. All in all, I think that this was another amazing episode of The L Word, and I definitely think that based on the episodes that have aired so far, season five is the best season yet.
  • A bit of everything in only an hour!

I loved this episode, have to say best by far for me especially since I'm still a rookie to the series. There was all the elements of a great show all wrapped in the episode and I couldn't even leave the front of my t.v. till the credits rolled.

The sex strike was a classic because I've done it myself a couple times and it can be a killer. Heightened senses, everything looks appealing, just a bomb waiting to explode. Shane has to be one of my favorites if not the favorite so I was laughing every time she came on screen. Interested though in the court-martial because being prior military it'd be interesting to see how real they can make this.
  • Opening spoof on "Charlies Angels" with their gaydar guns was priceless - lots of fun.

And the rest of the episode was just as good. Shane's self imposed sex strike is hilarious, even though I can understand what's she's trying to accomplish. I'm surprised she's held out as long as she has, so far.

Tina with heart surgeon - - least interesting part.

While I'm not a fan of the Jody/Bette union, I think it was very crappy of Bette not to get into Jody's weekend. She purposely held herself aloof, and was just an all-around pooh-butt. Anyone could see how much this meant to Jody and I personally thought her friends were a lot of fun - made me wanna be there :o)

And yea, Helena - "Mummy" just doesn't have a clue or doesn't really care about what her daughter is all about. I love that Helena is going to cut that cord, and go with Dusty. I certainly hope, since she won't be in LA, that the series will continue to show her and Dusty, so we can see how it's working out.

Tasha - poor Tasha; what a position to be in. I'm not in the military, but I always thought the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" thing is load of bulls**t. It'll be interesting to see how they play this out, cuz we know it can't be happy, since the good ole' USA still has this stupid policy. And Alice - sweet Alice - ready to stand by her woman, even though it grates against all she believes in.
SHOCW