The L Word

Lassoed

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 21, 2007 on Showtime

• ...

This episode was nice, quite light. A lot of it was rather predictable before it was spelt out, just from the looks and gestures - like Phyllis falling for Alice for example.

I enjoyed Shane in this episode, she was so natural when she met Papi - really showed who the bigger of the two was. Plus she's sweet with her half-brother, but why does she stop Jenny swearing around him when she does quite happily?

I thought we'd get a bit more build-up to Bette and Nadia. It's a shame, IMO, that it has happened so soon. Especially cause I liked Nadia a bit when she first appeared but then she went down in my liking.
    Plus I thought there would be more of a love triangle between B ette, Nadia and heads-will-roll. But it seems the boss is definitely going for Alice. Though we'll probably still have the situation arise - maybe when she's dumped by Alice she'll take her revenge on Bette. I can imagine some sort of blackmail appearing at some point.

I would have liked to have seen Tina's reaction after the cocktail party. I do think the writing of her's and Bette's break-up and subsequent relationship is very realistic.

Helena is being written a bit too pathetically currently for my liking, which is a shame, cause I loved her last season.

Not much to say about Alice in this episode.

It was sad about Angus. I hope he and Kit stay together, they're such a lovely couple. I always forget that he's Angelica's babysitter, I just think of him as Kit's boyfriend now.

Surprised Max is getting his own actual storylines.

Jenny is going down a route I'm not liking. Geesh, she's a writer, she shouldn't be so naive about reviewers. Is she planning to seduce the reviewer's girlfriend or something? Cause that's just ugh.

Oh, and is Marina going to resurface again??? Or Jenny's girlfriend??? They've both just vanished.
  • So funny and sexy...

Some of the best and the worst scenes in this episode:

The FUNNIEST scenes - Alice explaining the roommate rules to Helena. And of course Papi meeting Shane. Very funny. And Phyllis coming to Planet. Heh. The MOST TENSE scene - Bette suprisingly coming to Tina's party. What a tension there!

The SWEETEST scene - Angus defending Bette by pretending being gay.

The MOST ANNOYING scene - Max at the pool. Whoa. I really desperately wanted to skip that scene. The HOTTEST scenes - Bette revealing that she preferes women. She was so cute in that scene. And Nadia definately doesn't hesitate what to do next. She just goes for it... ;) AND then she got it. The car scene was so damn sexy.
  • Tina's throwing a party, which doesn't turn out as succesfull as hoped. Shane and Shay getting closer, bonding. Jenny's becoming 'crazy season 2-Jenny' again. And Bette... Bad Bette.

I really liked this episode. Better than the first two of this season. Loved it when Shane and Papi met. Shane was just so... Shane about it. So cool.

I think that Shane, Alice and Helena could become a fun trio. I'm not going to compare them to Shane-Alice-Dana because those three together was just... well.. the best, but Helena sometimes is kinda funny and now, when she works for Shane, her clumsy side appears. Which was also one of Dana's :).

I have to say that I'm not so fond of Phyllis. But how Alice is playing it, is very funny. I like her more and more.

I feel sorry for Angus. I hope he can make it on his own. Cute band though...

But I'm actually still waiting for Carmen to appear. At least for a few moments in a few episodes. According to imdb.com she should've appeared in 'Lassoed' and she's going to appear in 'Lez Girls'. Well about 'Lassoed' they were wrong but I hope she does appear in 'Lez Girls'.
  • Best thing in this episode was the anticipated meeting of Shane and Papi...

I loved Shane's (non)reaction to Papi. First it's played up with music like from an old western, with film footage to match, and when they're finally face to face, Papi comes up with "You're Shane? But you're just a skinny white girl," to which Shane replies "yeah, I guess I am." And when Alice tries to get Shane to understand the significance of this meeting by stating, "this is Papi, you know, your competition?" Shane just responds with nonchalance - "not sure what we competing for, but you win" and then just walks away. Too funny.

The rest of the episode was OK - nothing "wow" - I thought the party Tina had was silly. I can't see that she has that many straight "friends" that are that uncomfortable being around lesbians.

The "Max" story can just go away, in my opinion. The pool scene wss painful. I don't know what Max is thinking, but he's gotta know it's gonna come up, sooner or later, and he'll have to cop to having started life as a "she" with his new girlfriend. Felt bad for Angus - I hope his band goes belly up. Nice friends. I hope he goes solo while his former band goes nowhere, and then they can see what that "old man" can do.

I like how Shane's trying to do right by Shay. I also like how it seems that Shane's starting to feel affection for the boy (when she's about to leave, and Shay's staying behind with Max, she leans over and kisses his head - very sweet).
  • what was she thinking??

Hmm…so Jenny is back into full crazy bloom. Screaming to the reporter at 4am at the top of her lungs. Yep – she’s back. So I thought the funniest part was the celebrity guessing game where the line between gay and straight was never as obvious as now. And did you see where Tina was, the gay side. I know she thinks she’s happy, I just don’t see it lasting. She was upset when her boyfriends friends went off on the gay thing. Like it was some disease that she was luck enough to be cured of. I like that Shane is stepping up and trying to do the right thing for Shay. I feel so sorry for Helena, she’s like a fish out of water…I am already tired of Papi. What was Alice thinking taking Bette’s boss out on a date?? More importantly what was Bette thinking hooking up with her grad student?!?
SHOCE