The L Word

Last Word

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 08, 2009 on Showtime

• The L Word Movie

I'm waiting to see the movie the l word!!! :) i hope to see Tibette and Shenny :P
  • well...

5.5
    after being a huge fan for almost six years I have to say: that's not it.

It ssems to me as if they kicked out all the good writers and hired some cheap ones to just write an ending.

I don't know what you guys expectet, but the whole last series seems quite simple written, plumb funny and lacks almost the whole spirit of the first five years.

And that last episode is like somesone just read the last chapter of a book after being bored when he was half through with it.

Perhaps we'll see some answers in the spinoff but I doupt it.

Let's see if there will be a new nice show about the gay community.
  • This was so disappointing!!!

The finale...no way... this was anything but L word.

Remember L word? It was first of all funny! It was good, well written. It had good stories. It brought up gay issues and was good at it. The final season had everything but that. And the finale: no closure whatsoever, all we know is Bette and Tina move to NY, Alice and Tasha - uncertain, Helena and Dylan - uncertain, Shane - single, Max still alone and pregnant, Jenny is dead and everyone seems to have killed her. Kit finally has a stable boyfriend - right, let's make the flat characters have some happy ending and let's kill the buzz on everybody else. Ilene thought "Eh, this show must end and since it reached it's audience for 5-6 years, why shouldn't I transform it into the new pilot of my next project "The Farm" ? What does it matter that millions of people want a happy ending?" I really think you can't make a COMEDY / ROMANCE tv show and when you end it to be a CRIME / DRAMA tv show! It's not fair to the regular viewer!

Thank you for 6 great seasons. Oh, really? Not welcome at all.
  • The L word...6 years already.

The finale was the best episode ever. The Dylan-Helena bit was totally cool, and the best part is when Bette asks Tina to marry her when they get to New York. It was the perfect finale. I really loved the structure of the episode, too, with all the ladies being interrogated by Xena lol. I didn't like that we have NO idea who the killer really is. It could be pretty much anyone. It could even be Bette on the roof, because that's when we last see Jenny. It could be all of them before the video starts, and then Nikki or Tasha afterwards. It could be Alice who killed her and then cinically pretend she didn't know anything about it. Either way, great cliffhanger that will never be resolved.
  • A finale that some people will like and some won't. Only some of the plot lines were resolved. But the montage of characters was nice. Spoilers in review.

5.5
    The show is done and we sort of know who killed Jenny. The episode also finally revealed Jenny did indeed steal the negatives to the movie they were working on. The episode did a good job of hiding who the killer was to the end, as everyone really did have a motive to kill her. Jenny became a character right out of Melrose Place (ike Heather Locklear's character). Everyone invited her places and talked to her, but noboby liked her.

The other positive about the episode is that it finally referenced this 400 pound gorilla in the room when Jenny states she knows everyone hates her and she did not want that. Shane finds the letter an ex wrote to her that Jenny hid, and that was the final straw for her. (although Jenny did that after shane cheated with her ex, which turned out to be the murderer). Jenny also showed her proof of bette's affair to her sister, and it did look like she was having sex, so that was another point in jenny's favor.

They brought up maybe Bette and Tina adoting Max's baby, but it didn't go anywhere.

The montage of past characters saying good bye to Bette and Tina might be a treat for long time fans of the show (even if it was slightly unrealistic Jenny could find them all or that they would participate). And the interrogations of the characters by the police was a nice framing theme for the episode.

Anyway, its over and the big issues were resolved. It was an ok ending.
  • It's the last episode of The L Word.

Let me just start off by saying that all things considered, I absolutely loved this episode. While it left a lot of things open-ended and unresolved, I think that's very fitting for the show to end like that since it's always kind of been that way. Although, it would have been nice to see Jenny actually die so we know what happened to her. I loved all the Bette and Tina scenes in this episode, especially their love scene. Mia Kirshner's performance in this episode was absolutely amazing. Although, I think that she did an amazing job all throughout the entire series. I loved how they structured the final episode. That was very creative. In closing, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of The L Word from everyone involved. I thought that this was a great way to end the show, and I really hope that the spin off gets picked up by the Showtime network so we can get some more answers.