The L Word

Lez Girls

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 04, 2007 on Showtime

• ...

7.6
    I enjoyed Bette/Jodi/Tom scenes. Want to see more of that relationship. Loved Bette's definition as an 'impenetrable ice-queen'; so true!

I can actually stand Jenny better this season than I have done before, though I still hate her of course.

Max is actually interesting me this season I think maybe Jenny-Max were never a good onscreen pairing for either one of them.

Grrrr writers wrt Angus!!! She wasn't even attractive I liked having Kit & Angus as the sole stable loving relationship on the show! I don't understand why Tina hid.

I don't understand why Jenny didn't alter the names in her novella a bit more. That genuinely doesn't make sense. Why did nobody else care but Alice?

So so obvious Tasha was in prison

Papi was a little OTT with stealing Ruby, not that it seemed Shane wanted her much. Was that deliberate? I mean, Shane was watching her dance but it seemed to me to be a very lazy indifferent gaze; are the writers showing that she's still mourning Carmen and not ready for a lot of meaningless relationships yet?

Paige was a little forward, and seemed a bit odd. I preferred her last episode.

Helena managing all of that? Pfffft. And cooking in that black dress and jewelerry with hair done-up already and not even an apron? Come on! That was so unrealistic.

Lucky escape for Alice away from Phyllis. I don't see how Bette can be that angry as Alice has a perfectly justifiable reason for ending things with Phylis - just what she was looking for.
  • Good show, strong characters showing rarely seen traits.

Did I really just see sainted Marlee Matlin smoking a joint?

New characters coming out of every pore it seems, which isn't bad, as long as they take care of business with the characters we already know. Where is Carmen? Shane goes on a drug bender at Rosanna Arquette's, wrecks her car and she's over it? Hmmmm.

Jenny is highly strung, we know this. Just when it seemed like she found some inner peace, she goes off on this crazy crusade over a bad book review? Hmmmm.

Angus fought so hard to win Kit's trust, and he cheats so easily with the (admittedly sizzling hot) nanny? What was her secret -- some baudy double entendres. And, while Angus is getting his drawers inspected, Angelica is off somewhere playing with "Mikey" who is certainly not old enough to watch a toddler by himself. Hmmm.

And, Tina, who I don't even know anymore, hides in the bushes at the sight of Angus and the Hot Nanny instead of doing what we know Tina would do... give Angus a piece of her mind right then and there. What?

What I did like was the tension in Bette and Tina's lunch (that ordering scene was ad-libbed? nice!). Alice and Jenny's fight was funny and smart. Cybill Shepherd's desperation to keep Alice was poignant, but I'm ready for her character to leave. Didn't take long for Helena to get haughty again around some clinking champagne glasses, eh? Papi's rivalry with Shane is beginning to feel kind of awkward. Shane doesn't care about it, why should we?
  • Papi is starting to annoy me - she was so very cool when she was first introduced, but she doesn't seem like the same character.

I do love Shayne's non-attitude when it comes to Papi - she's got other things on her mind, and Papi just ain't that important to her. When Papi said "Vanilla - she's just like me except a different flavor," I nearly gagged. Other than having slept with a great number of women, they are nothing alike. Would be interesting to see them for a one-night stand, though. Actually, be interesting to see Shayne with anyone right now - my only complaint with this season so far (and the last one, too) is that there just aren't enough hot sex scenes like there were in the first couple of seasons. I do like the storylines, but I like the hot and heavy scenes, too! Max lucked out, with his boss's daughter not giving up Max's "secret." I think another reviewer wrote that Max is being deceitful, but I don't think so. Jobwise, it shouldn't matter, as long as the job gets done. His boss obviously thinks highly of his work, so it'd be a shame if Max should lose his job over his transgender issues.

Jenny's being evil - I thouroughly dislike her pretense with the poor sickly dog (although, it looked like to me for a moment just after the vet chick finished with the shot, that she was about to come clean, but then the vet chick took the conversation in a different direction and Jenny flowed right with it) - and I dislike her trying to come between the reviewer and her girlfriend. Even though I think the reviewer was evil for doing what she did, that's no excuse to go after the innocent girlfriend.

I feel for Phyllis, but I understand Alice's take on it. I believe Alice was already a bit sorry she started anything with Phyllis, but didn't know how to wiggle out, and while perhaps seeing Phyllis with her husband gave her that wiggle room, I think Alice really never thought about that other part of Phyllis' life. I think Phyllis will get over it quickly - it's always hard with your "first," but Phyllis needs to resolve her life with her husband before she goes looking again. Not fair to him - he seems to think all is good, by this actions.

Loved the scene where Bette and Tina ordered the same thing at the same time - also loved reading the producer's comment that this was ad-libbed and the actresses actually did order the cobb salad at the same time. Too funny.

Angus - very unlike him. He's so devoted to Kit - this just seems so out of character for him. So his bandmates are giving him troubles - not her fault. And she's certainly trying to make him feel better, but he's not letting her. Bad Angus - bad!
  • Shows Jenny's spiteful side, Bette's naughty side, Shane's self control, Helena's coping ability, Alice's angry side, Max's deciteful side....

I feel this episode opened each charachters somewhat dark and sometimes mysterious sides. Jenny seems to want to make a mark for herself at the expense of her friends. Not thinking about their feelings. I didn't like the fact that she exploited them in the Magazine the way she did and than acted upset when Alice called her on it. Shane used a lot of self control when asked "Are you hitting on me?" I thought she handled it very well. I don't think she was ready for that comment so soon after meeting her. Helena showed that she can cope with a situation that could get out of hand. She kept on track and made a good thing out of a mess. I felt sorry for her because Alice got her into this spot in the first place so it was only right when she called Alice to help her out of the delima. Bette is truly showing a side I only wished I had seen when she was with Tina. She didn't strike me as one who would get STONED and than spill her guts. This is truly a naughty side of Bette that I hope to see more of. Her meeting with Tina was viewed with mixed feelings. She seemed pleased when Tina said she wanted to talk in person. There was that twinkle in Bette's eye for only a second before Tina said it was about Kit. I loved that she offered Tina her napkin. Again the twinkle... I am glad she didn't get mad and walk away. The interaction between Bette and Jodi was interesting. I think they make a cute couple but I don't think it is something that will last. They are both to head-strong for each other. Alice was hurt when she saw Phyllis with her husband and was totally caught of guard when she saw the kiss. I felt a bit sorry for her. She may have over reacted when she left Phyllis by the pool. When Phyllis said "I Love You,Alice" as she walked away, I saw the hurt in Bette's eyes as if she was remembering when Tina walked away. The Max thing has me worried a bit. I am not sure how to take what is happening. Max wants his cake and eat it too. I think his boss will be very upset when the truth comes out. But until than Max is playing him for a fool. Again, I hope I haven't offened anyone but this is just my opinion...
  • drama...again...

So I am happy for Bette. The scene where she was hanging out with Jodi was fun and sexy. I heard that Marlee signed a three year contract so maybe this could be the start of a nice new romance. I felt sorry for Helena once again. She finally found something that she was really good at, the cooking thing, and then she kinda gets put in her place by someone who knew her mother. So I really don’t like Papi that much, she is way to involved in what Shane does. Oh well. I also think that Alice did the right thing, Phyllis was getting too attached and needs to settle stuff with her family before becoming involved in a serious relationship. I feel sorry for Kit, she is really into Angus and he is cheating on her. As much as crazy Jenny drives me crazy, I can’t wait to see what she does next.