The L Word

Limb from Limb

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2004 on Showtime

• So many relationship details in this episode: Jenny's confusion, Shane's real love, Alice's hidden feelings for Dana, Bette's Infidelity... the list goes on! Such incredible writing in this show!

There was sooo much emotion in this episode, it's amazing!!

The truth of the matter is that I watch this series because of Shane, and I love her laid-back personality. She finally learns to let herself be in love for the first time and then she gets messed over. The scene where she sees Cherie after talking with her husband was done so well. You can see the real emotion in her eyes and voice.

Then there's Ivan and Kit. I really like them together. I wish that things could have worked out between them. Then there's the Bette and cAndace situation.

Overall, this episode was amazing!!
  • This was the perfect 1st season finale ever! It was awesome.

Okay, I'd have to say that I love the end of the episode the most. The music, Joseph Artur's "In the Sun", is great. It all plays out so wonderfully. My favorite part would have to be Tina finding out. I love the fight and the angry-sex scene. I also love how we see how Shane feels about Cherie Jaffe. Scratch the earlier statement, Alice finally telling Dana how she feels is my favorite part. I love the kiss! Anyway it was an overall great ending to a great season to the beginning of an absolutely brilliant and fantastic show.
  • An episode to remember..

This episode was a fine example for a season\'s final. Provocative , well written and controversial it created the right mood for season 2. I watched all 3 seasons at once, so i didn\'t have to wait some months to see what happens next in s2, because if it was so i would be really anxious. That is a sucess of this last episode.
    Bette and Tina managed to destroy the best relationship in the show, and i tend to believe the blame belongs to both.. Bette was so depressed and rushed to do things that broke.. Tina was not there,they had that communication problem from the beggining that kept growing.It was inevitable. The sex scene was great because it was realistic and totally justified after what had happened.. This is what happens in real life when there is tension in a personal relationship.
    Shane gave in to her feelings and got disappointed but it was natural..she just chose the wrong person,and as a cynical person herself should have known how this world - unfortunately- works.
    Dana and alice seem to have found the strength to accept their feelings,and made the way for the hilarious s2..
    I was disapointed in the way Marina left.Being a big fan of her i hated the way the writers left this unfinished business with Jenny, or to put it differently ended this story in such a cursory and badly written way..Let\'s see what happens in s4.
    Despite this last story i must admit i loved this season final.By far the best of all seasons..
  • Relationships fall apart and new ones start

Bette gives into temptaion and has awesome sex with Candace. Alice's feelings for Dana come to the surface as Dana and Tanya's relationship grows to the point that they decide to get married. Shane relationship with Cherie ends badly.
    The most stable relationship on the show is shattered because Bette cheats on tina, leading to one of the most contraversial break up sex scenes ever shown on TV. At the same time tina and bette's relationship shatters, Alice come to Dana's house and tells her that she can't marry Tanya. When Dana asks why, Alic kisses her.

The season ender put me one the edge of my seat and made me wish for the second season with bited breath.