The L Word

Little Boy Blue

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 11, 2007 on Showtime

• Dinner party at Bettes and a funeral in the Midwest...

Poor Bette - how unfair of Jodi to get angry at Bette, when Bette only wanted to make it a nice evening for her and for her to meet the friends. And she shouldn't have blasted Bette for speaking harshly to Kit - as a sister, of course she'd be concerned seeing her alcholic sister drinking! What, she was supposed to ignore it? Enable Kit to go on drinking? I know Bette is a bit of a control freak, but that's just who she is, and I'm surprised that Jodi doesn't get that. Here's hopin' that was enough to drive Jodi back out the door.

The best thing in this episode (other than the little exchange between Shane & Paige about their, er, story-telling - I think that's gonna be my favorite scene) is Max going home to his Mom's funeral. This is such a real issue that doesn't get a lot of air time. What seems almost unreal is that the dad appears to all of a sudden be more accepting of his daughter's change, whereas, before, he was adamantly very against it. Even slipped and called Max "son" - that was great. I have to admit that I'm turning around on Max - he just used to irritate me, but the character's being rounded out more and more, and becoming more plausible.