The L Word

Livin' La Vida Loca

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 14, 2007 on Showtime

• This season is much anticipated mostly because of last year's disapointment..

I think that this episode was mostly funny.It had some good moments especially with alice looking for Papi. Alice seems to have developed a lot as a character and is always the most pleasant one to watch. I'm a Bette fan so i loved seeing Alpha coming back! Jenny is still annoying, Tina has to find her way back to being interesting,so as Shane, Max is really boring for me ,although he seems to get a rather interesting s/l with Brooke.. My first impressions on the new characters are divided..Papi seems like a caricature for me and Phyllis seems quite interesting.. I love CS so it is good to see her.
    I think that the best is yet to come!
  • This season is much anticipated mostly because of last year's disapointment..

I think that the best is yet to come!
  • What a character Papi is! Very hot, very self-assured, very beautiful. She's got it all over on Carmen in all depts (now don't attack me - just JMHO).

I enjoyed this episode - it was good to see Shane having to deal with Shay; I'm hoping it gives her a positive outlook on life. I'd like to see Shane back in action, though. Just because she has a kid in her life now doesn't mean she's dead. While I like Papi a lot, I don't want her to upstage Shane, although Papi and Shane are both free spirits for very different reasons.

Jenny - while it was a funny scene in the kitchen with Shay, I didn't appreciate the foul language in front of a 9 year old, and she should know better. This really shows how self-absorbed she is - nothing else matters but her world. Kudos to Shane for trying to rein in Jenny. I did feel for Jenny, though - very uncool of that interviewer to make Jenny open up as she did, and then write such an uncomplimentary review.

Papi and Alice - I loved the limo scene. Very nicely done - lovin' them circles! And it was good for Alice to see Papi right after flirting with Helena - gives her a sense of what a player Papi is. I'd hate to see Alice get all obsessive over Papi - that would not be funny.

Hated the TA Bette hired - way to forward and assuming. Bette would be very stupid to hook up with a student; she can't be doing those things as a dean. But then I can't see her with Cybil either.

Totally bored with Max's storyline - I see nothing but trouble by dating the boss's daughter, even though it was the boss that set it up.

This episode kept me riveted - it was over so fast. If I could wait, I'd not watch until I bought season 4 on DVD so that I can watch all within a few days, but.... patience is so not my middle name lol
  • FIVE STARS ***** GREAT EPISODE !

GREAT EPISODE !

Now we are getting a preview of the new characters and storylines we will be enjoying this season.

I already love the mysterious "Papi", want to know more about her, and hope that one of the fabuLous L Girls will get to keep her.

Each character has its moment:
    While Kit is facing reality with great pain, Max is going to have to step up as a man and try to live this new life he has chosen.
    Bette, after last years lows, is opening up and will help, as for Tina, her boss' coming out.
    Shane (my personal favourite character) is facing responsibilities as never before, and could lead her finally accept true commitment.

Hoping to see if Marina & Jenny still have a story...

Let's just wait and see where the L wind will take us.
  • Didn't I say I was expecting more? Come on, you gotta do better!

Nice episode, but it didn't really blow my mind like I expected after the good start last week. Well, I liked the Shane-Shane-bonding, I guess we'll see girl Shane change a lot due to her little brother being around. I don't get how both parents can just abandon their child... Ain't that horrible!?
    Bette bores me, she has for a long time and I don't think it's surprising that nothing has changed.
    The Alice-Papi-scene was really hot, but here as well: I expected more. Well, okay, it was kinda funny when Papi and Helena came out of the bushes at the end of the day :-D
    Still: You gotta do better, girls!
  • ok so please allow me the oppertunity to splurge for a minute on exactly why i LOVE this show! oh my god i thought this episode was so funny. i wish i could express in words how much i love the L word.

(continued from above) so if you're like me (which probably means you have no life) then you live for the L word. do you feel the anticipation building all week? can you barely wait for sunday to watch it again? i remember watching this episode and thinking to myself "oh my GOD i love this show!" so, who should i start with?

jenny-ok, i go through these spurts where i periodically love jenny, and then sometimes i get annoyed with her and don't care much for her anymore. this episode is one in which i love her. i thought her interview went well, and that lady (which i found even funnier because it was the woman who played in the movie Superstar.)is a b**ch for writing what she did about jenny's book. i thought jenny's outburst storming into her office was fantastic. (i laughed very loudly when jenny said the woman's last name meant "vagina wig". haha! i also loved the part where jenny was trying to get shane's brother to say she was a f***ing C U Next Tuesday. (for everyone who is offended by certain language.) "come on say it...." haha.

shane-well it looks like she's adjusting about as much as she can to having to take care of shay. he is very lucky that the truck driver that picked him up was a friend of shane's and not some psycho. i thought shane would have a really hard time with the situation, but she seems to be doing ok, and although she didn't seem thrilled to have him around, i see them getting a little bond already and shay is starting to grow on her. i loved when alice looked at shane's face and said "so it looks like carmen found you." haha.

max-well what can i say? now he's dating the boss's daughter (which is a rule right there you don't break.)so that's one thing...but he hasn't told her the truth about him yet. i wonder what she's going to think when she finds out max was born a female. she'll probably dump him, and i'm sure when her father finds out, max will probably get fired.

tina-not a whole lot going on with her this episode. i think it's complete CRAP that she actually fired helena. i mean, didn't helena get her that job in the first place? tina is turning into quite the snake.

bette-so, bette's new assistant obviously likes her. that must be refreshing for bette. i wonder how that is going to turn out. now bette's boss or whatever she is, has a bit of a breakdown and tells bette she thinks (or in fact knows) she's a lesbian and has been living a lie. i wonder if something will happen between those two also. i think the new characters this season are great. which reminds me..

where's marina?

kit-well i guess we know she went and had the abortion. she says she is sad for angus, but i think that's her way of saying she's sad for herself, without actually having to say it. and by the way, where WAS angus this episode?

helena-so not only is helena $40 million in the hole, but now she has no job. when it rains it pours huh girl? what else could go wrong? at least you got to have a go round with Papi. i was wondering though, is Dillon ever coming back? i tought those two made such a great couple.

alice-so i thought the entire scene of alice meeting papi was hilarious and fantastic. she seemed absolutely beside herself at the resteraunt when papi was seducing her with words. and the scene in the limo was great. "THIS makes the bed pop out." haha! and the whole circles thing, fabulous. so alice finally got lucky, wooohoo you go girl! i guess it's safe to say she's pretty much over dana.

papi-what can i say? she bags alice AND helena one right after the other. she has more hits than shane on the website (which i was thinking to be impossible until papi joined the show), she crashed alice's server...i get from papi she has a fun personality. she's very spontaneous, and she likes to play games sometimes (ex. leading alice on a wild goose chase.) she's also very seductive but mysterious. i think she will be a great character, i hope we see more than just her sex-capades. wouldn't it be out of this world to see if she meets marina? (which she won't.) i'm sure she will someday meet shane. i think alice and papi make a cute couple.
  • I still miss Dana!!

So I was wrong about Papi…I seriously thought that it was going to have a tie in to Marina…but I did forget that they were introducing more characters than Phyllis (Cybill Shepherd). So I liked that for one episode, the last one Jenny wasn’t so crazy, but this episode she is creeping back into her old ways…I did like when she was trying to make Shay swear. It was just funny. I miss the humor that used to be in the show more. This time the only funny thing really was that and Papi hooking up with Alice and Helena. I didn’t like the way Phyllis came out. It was just too sudden and strange. Oh well, I can’t wait to see her act all wild next episode. I don’t like how forward Bette’s new TA is – she needs to bring it down a notch. Total props to the show for having out actress Heather Matarazzo have a little role…to bad she couldn’t have been a bit nicer. Maybe Jenny will get her confrontation and we will get to see her again.
  • Shane deals with her little brother and Helena and Alice have an encounter with Papi.

All in all I think the episode was good. I've never been a fan of the Jenny stories, and this episode didn't make me change my mind. Hopefully she will be given something less important in the future, so the episodes would stop having so much of her storylines in them. The Papi/Alice-Papi/Helena thing was hilarious. It gives a very good insight into Papi's character at first glance. She will be a lot of fun and let's hope she will stick around for a while. Bette has always been my favorite character, but I feel something was lost in the show when Bette and Tina became hostile with each other. Their relationship was always the balance in the show and now that seems to be gone. Shane's relationship with her little brother was touching to see; she really wants to make it work with him, since she never had a proper family either. And what a cute kid! The season has started reasonably well, here's hoping it stays the same.... or even better.
  • Shane goes out-of-her-mind with worry when her brother goes missing, Alice meets the legendary Papi, Bette hires herself a TA, Jenny is livid after she gets a bad review...

What I Liked....

- Jenny telling Shane\'s brother to say bad things about her reviewer. This was just too funny for words. I literally laughed at the whole scene.

- Papi. Wow., how hot is she? She\'s a great addition to the cast! Alice sure got a taste of why she\'s smokin\' hot (and Helena, but more on that later)

- Kit going to Bette with her pain. This was just heart-breaking. Im glad she choose to go to Bette with her pain. It also answers my question when I wondered if it was Angus who wanted her to get the abortion.

What I Didnt Like...

- Papi going with Helena as well as Alice! It would have been better if she had just slept with Alice. Hasnt Helena got enough to deal with this season?

- Tina firing Helena. Wow, the writers are making Tina out to be a real b**ch this season. She\'s turned hetero, not killed anyone!

- I wish there would have been more Helena, Tina and Bette in this episode. Hopefully, next week will focus more on their stories.
  • Could have been a lot better!!

I thought the first 2 episodes would be a bit better than what it has been. I am disappointed. Shane seems to have gotten over Carmen quite fast. I understand that her brother and work have been taking up her time but come on, there is no feeling there. What would be nice is if Carmen comes back for season 5 (if it is the last season). What I do find is that taking care of her brother will get her to grow up. I think much will be learned.

Hopefully next week it will be better. I hope I won't have to keep on saying that through the whole season...

What I did like about the storyline was Papi, too funny, that is why I rated the show a 7.
SHOCW