The L Word

Losing the Light

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 12, 2006 on Showtime

• I hate it, I don't like it but I understand why it had to happen

No matter how long the L word continues on, this episode will be marked as one of the more pivotal ones of all time. It was well written and the minute-at-a-time style was excellent. Watching the lives of each character unfold over an one hour period made you realize just how short life is. Unfortunally, Dana did die in this episode but it was a part worth putting in. More importanly, the plot showed what everyone else was doing at that exact moment. Who they were with and what they were going threw. During the episode, Tina was on a date, Helena was getting her heart broken, Bette was struggling with the decisions in her life, Carmen and Shane were dealing with their own personal issues, Kit was having an emotional breakthrough and Jenny introduced her ex-fiance to Max. Alice was staying beside Dana but during the moment she left, she saw Tanya again. It is great that we were able to see how previous characters were living their lives but upsetting that at the same time were we seeing their futures, we were losing a friend. Finding out what happened to Tim pushed Jenny's storyline even farther and also seeing how Tanya revealed what she really thought of Alice.