The L Word

Losing the Light

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 12, 2006 on Showtime

• I can’t believe it – so much happened in here. But I’m left confused and somewhere outside.

They did it, they really did it! Dana is dead! I just can’t believe it. I haven’t read any spoilers so I didn’t know and I didn’t see that one coming. Otherwise the show is far away from the usual. We have no “group meeting” where all main characters are at the café, we only see one or two of them, never more. That and the fact that this episode has no music, makes is a bit too cold and a bit confusing.
    So Bette has finally found herself and can share her problems with other people. Tina has really moved on with her boyfriend (!). I really wonder what will happen when Bette is back. I think they will split up. Tina won’t give up her job and she already moved on. Bette wants to control her live again, so she can’t stand Tina as an even stronger partner than herself.
    Alice hears that Dana loved her for a really long time and is devastated when she finds Dana in the hospital room.
    We see Lara in the beginning. The scene confused me. Will she be back in the show or is it the end (maybe expect of the funeral)? When it’s the end, I just don’t understand it, I think it was unnecessary, when she will stay – why not since the beginning of season three?
    Kit and her boyfriend got some issues too. Well I didn’t consider them as important.
    Max and Jenny meet Jenny’s ex-husband. Well I was surprised to see the complete old gang again! But it shows us one thing for real this time: Jenny has more self confidence than ever and has maybe even more than everyone else right now. She now can handle that she swims against the stream. She really is a writer now!
    Max becomes more chauvinistic every day. I don’t like him.
    Helena faces her legal problems and is left devastated too. Well I wasn’t that surprised.
    Shane and Carmen are in deeper trouble than ever. With the confession Carmen makes, the world of Shane is destroyed. I mean she was always the one who cheated and left; now Carmen tells her that she slept with some other girl. I think that was an interesting turn and I’m looking forward to the future of the two.

After all the whole episode was nice done, surprised me several times, but I ask myself: Is this how it’s going to be now? The last two or three episodes were quite confusing and left us somewhere on the outside.