The L Word

Losing the Light

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 12, 2006 on Showtime

• wow.

What an incredible weekend for two of my favourite shows. First Battlestar Galactica takes a crazy turn (for the worse, in my immediate opinion), and now the L Word loses a major character.

Yeah, major characters in TV shows leave all the time, but the way this was done was just mind-boggling. I never expected Dana to die, and I'm in total shock.
    Seeing Alice cry at the end, juxtaposed with the singing flower, that was just tough to see.
    When the exact time she died was flashing in the corner, and we saw everyone at that moment, that was neat. But wow.

The show has taken some amazing twists and turns since the beginning, and they never ease up on the drama.
    Definitely a heart-wrenching episode, but a pretty important one. It will be interesting to see how things go from here - not only with Dana's death, but with Jenny and Max and Tina and Bette. Of course that's not to say the other characters are not important, but seeing how the relationships will pan out, especially with this shocker, will be interesting.
    Poor Alice.

Fantastic series continues to be fantastic.