The L Word

Losing the Light

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 12, 2006 on Showtime

• As good as The L Word is gonna get this season...

This episode was a breath of fresh air, and some mad props to writer / director Rose Troche. At least someone on the staff over there knows what she's doing.

All the plotlines are strong and engaging, and there are some priceless little "moments" -

Kit looking in the mirror at Angus' is probably the best one. It proves that Miss Pam is quite the actress - even when her lines are subpar she manages to make us care. And in this case she captured my heart without saying a word.

Leisha Hailey is always incredible on screen, this episode was no exception.

Eric Mabius as Tim was a welcome face, and I'm glad he's happy now. He was a great character, and I tend to agree with everything he said abotu Jenny.

Bette's release was a joy to watch.

I'll miss Dana.

Overall, excellent

BUT

As a long time Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanatic, I have to say this episode kind of wanted to be "The Body". (The lack of background music, the subject matter, the 'stream of conciousnessy direction. yeah..)

If you've seen "The Body" (which was done years ago, and which is a stronger episode of televsion), you know what I'm talking about. And if you haven't I strongly reccomend it. And the whole series.