The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

Craig In Paris Week - Kristen Bell/Eddie Izzard/Jean Reno

Aired Weekdays 12:35 AM Aug 02, 2011 on CBS

• He had Eddie Izzard on the show...need I really say more??? What I love about this Paris week is how the shows don't fully conform to tradition.

What I love about this Paris week is how the shows don't fully conform to tradition. What we "expect" from The Late Late Show is partially delivered, and the best thing about this week is the UNexpected. It's so rare to be willing to be experimental in the regimented land of commercial American television, let alone following through and delivering on the concept! With experimentation there is risk. Nobody seems willing to take risks... and because of that, we are not accustomed to know 'what to do with it' when we (so infrequently) witness risk-taking behavior in the entertainment arts. The exciting & varied pace of these shows is a reminder that polished homogeneous productions are not what life is like. Who better to remind us of that than the Parisians and Craig? Vive la difference! On behalf of all discriminating viewers I send you people the biggest THANK YOU! I hope you are appropriately lauded for your efforts and successes. In our house we've been glued to the TV EVERY night for the whole thing. Looking forward to tonight!"