The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

CBS (ended 2014)

JasmineHR

The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson Fan Reviews (72)

• When Craig Ferguson was selected over Michael Ian Black to host the "Late, Late Show," David Letterman must have been concerned about not being as hip or smooth as Black. Ferguson will never be able to replace Dave during the 11:30pm time slot.

1.2
    I will never be able to get over Craig Ferguson being made the permanent host for "The Late, Late Show." CBS had everyone watching with anticipation a parade of talented and untalented attempt to put on a show which could follow David Letterman.

Michael Ian Black had to have been a top contender for the spot because he was invited back several times prior to the decision being made. How Ferguson's rank amateurish antics won over Black is beyond me. I hope that it wasn't primarily Letterman’s decision!

Both Ferguson and O'Brien, more often than not, begin their show with pathetically. At least O'Brien gets better once he sits behind the desk. Ferguson is crass from start to finish. When judged against the smoothness of a Carson Daly, one has to wonder just how long CBS will continue to maintain such an exercise in poor judgment.