Your favorite Laurel and Hardy inspired TV characters

dtf955

[1]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 11

I'm stunned this was on here, I looked because I was curious what the oldest thing was. I think they stopped before TV started. However...

This duo inspired numerous comedians down through the years. Two duos I can think of off the top of my head are Colonel Klink and General burkhalter on Hogan's Heroes (one of the men even refers to them as Laurel and Hardy, I think) and Sheriff Rosco and boss Hogg on "The Dukes of Hazzard." One could also throw Klink and Sgt. Schultz in there from "Hogan's Heroes," with the fat/skinny guy reversed for that duo. I like each of the 3 combos a lot.

What are some peoples' favorite Stan and Ollie inspired duos? Do any other shows just make you sit up and say, "That is just like Stan and Ollie would do it"? DOH really does that for me a few times.

Edited on 04/03/2007 2:59am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[2]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 18

Gilligan & the Skipper on Gilligan Island George Burns & Grace Allen Ricky & Lucy/Lucille Ball & Vinian Vance Gandpa and Herman Munster Will Robinson and Dr. Smith Many of the comedy teams that followed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.