The League Forums

Wednesday 10:30 PM on FXXIn Season

I don't understand this show's low rating AT ALL!

Serial_Dexter

[1]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 2

Okay, I can be a pretty harsh critic myself. I can understand why a bunch of people are upset with Heroes (although it's making a slight comeback), or why people disdain any comedies that get churned out of TBS. But, cmon people. This show is ACTUALLY FUNNY. And not just "Haha" funny. It's pretty friggin hilarious. I'm in a fantasy football league myself, so I understand the jokes related to being apart of something so highly competetive and idiotic. But, I'm not rating this as a fan of fantasy football. I'm rating this as a legit comedy. And, this IS a legit comed, PEOPLE!

I'm a little dissapointed that this show doesn't completely focus itself on fantasy football itself. Instead, it goes into more involved forms of everyday, normal human life. Like divorces, pregnancies, births, and children expreimenting with touching dog poo. That's a good thing though. I'm warming up to it, because after all this is first and foremost a comedy that focuses on a group of 5 guys (imagine Entourage, minus the glitz and glamour), and never manages to outdo itself.

With all the negative buzz now, I'm kinda afraid this show is gonna get the axe. Hoepfully, it stays on for a few more seasons.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrosace92

[2]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    i agree with u this show is hilarious why does it have a 3.9 rating?? I also am in a fantasy league so that part is funny too, but i still think entourage is better.

adamonfire

[3]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 5
    Uptight religious people still stuck in the 1920's for 500, Alex.

Adrianlmtz

[4]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    I love this show too. I am not into fantasy football, just football in general. The problem is that people avoid it because of peoples negative view of fantasy sports and it is so unfair because anyone who would bother to give the pilot a try will fall for this show. I almost didnt watch but I like "Sunny" and the previews looked like it was worth checking out. I am so glad I did. My wife was skeptical but when I made her watch she agreed. I still see Taco dressed as Mr. McGibblettes holding the Cleaver. I laugh my ass off every time I think about it.

huyha123

[5]Dec 12, 2009
    whole heartily agree. this show is awesome. any rating below 7 is not reasonable at all. people rate lower than that probably not even watching it. I really looking forward to the new season and the new league!!!

kola65

[6]Dec 14, 2009

huyha123 wrote:
    whole heartily agree. this show is awesome. any rating below 7 is not reasonable at all. people rate lower than that probably not even watching it. I really looking forward to the new season and the new league!!!

So the will be another season?

Great news, kind regards from a fan in Sweden

tubedude

[7]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    Love it! I too do not understand the low rating. I will go as far as saying it gets my vote for one of the best new comedies this year. Please more seasons. I am not in a fantasy league.

malephex

[8]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 4

This show is great. Most of the NFL stuff is Greek to me as a European, but the characters and the jokes rock

Edited on 06/01/2010 1:51am

Ralfberg

[9]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 13

I completely agree with almost everyone above - this show really doesnt deserve that low rating. Yea maybe it isnt the funniest or smth like that, but cmon, just a 4-5 average ratings for almost every episode, it really deserves better. And yea, I dont follow football as an european, but still like the jokes, and I aint in any kind of fantasy leagues (but after watching first episodes I started to think about going into one - the show kinda encouraged me or smth(only not about football but other sports)). So I hope someone will explain me constructively why they put a lower mark than 5 for episodes , but for example some other show, which is more popular, when it gets a really bad episode, it has still at least an average 6,5 for that episode, but here episodes are decent to say at least( I really think they good) and it still has lower mark than 5,5 or smth like that.

killerpuppies

[10]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 8

This show is pure gold. The show keeps getting better and better. I've watched the first season a crap load of times and turned MANY people on to it and not a single person didn't like it. I guess I should make them come here to off balance the retards rating so low.There are CW shows that have better ratings and short of Smallville or Supernatural, that should NEVER happen. People rate like damn fools. And really, any show that includes Jon Lajoie automatically gives it an 8. LoL.

scottd2242

[11]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 14

Seems like a lot of shows on FX get low user ratings on the site. Justified, Terriers (awesome show, watch it now), even SOA all seem to be getting hated on.

Aseskog

[12]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 1

I totally agree with you!

JaRake

[13]Dec 7, 2010
    • level: 4
    tv.com hates FX? too bad, I love it.

FrangoMaster

[14]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 8

Hey you guys are right this shows is awesome. I just hope it gets a third season

MatthewRaiche

[15]Jun 17, 2013

Maybe it's because this show is based on fantasy football, which is a very niche target audience. I tried to get into this show because I'm desperate for a good comedy (all the good comedies are out of season at the moment, and all the new good comedies keep getting canceled, for some reason) and I like Paul Scheer, but I just couldn't. I watched seven episodes hoping I would start liking it more, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't play fantasy football and I'm not really into football, so all of those jokes are lost on me, and the rest of the jokes are almost all about sex. I'm not offended by that, it just gets boring and old after a while.

I really wanted to like this show, so it's quite a disappointment.

Edited on 06/17/2013 8:00am