A The Leftovers Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on HBO (Returning 2016)

One of this summer's most anticipated TV series is Damon Lindelof's The Leftovers, HBO's mysterious sorta-sci-fi show about the people left behind on Earth after all the good ones are whisked away by what appears to be the Rapture. Based on the Tom Perrotta novel of the same name, The Leftovers looks like it's filled with despair, cursing, and extreme love-making. Have a look:

I mean WOW, "A New Dramatic Series" is right, with "dramatic" being the key word. I could see this show being a sharp look at loss and sin, but I could just as easily see it being an overwrought mess that lacks direction and coherency, building up around a central mystery and then spiraling out of control (like one of Lindelof's other shows). However, I'm going to remain optimistic and hope for the former because I can't wait to see how this turns out. 

Among The Leftovers' cast are Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Charlie and Max Carver, and Chris Zylka. The series will premiere Sunday, June 29 at 10pm, two weeks later than HBO initially planned, due to a recent break in production. 

Does The Leftovers look good to you?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/6/2015

Season 2 : Episode 10

37 Comments
Comments (37)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Looks exciting enough to me, but knowing that Lindelof is involved makes me hesitate to give it a go. Still upset about the Lost bulshit ending :/
Flag
The earlier trailers did nothing for me, and now I'm sort of at the point were I'm at peace that this isn't the post-apocalyptic series I once thought it was going to be back when I first read the log-line. This one got me a little bit more excited, but I still have no idea what to expect from the show.
Flag
WOW looks interesting definatly worth a look
Flag
it remind me of the 4400, i hope this one will be much better than the 4400, i am looking forward to see it.....
Flag
It reminds me of The Happening but this kind of looks good and doesn't have Marky mark or Zooey, I am only hear because of my bangs, Deschannel in it.
Flag
God that was an awful movie. It also reminds me of those even more dreadful Left Behind movies starring that fucking zealot/awful actor Kirk Cameron. Basically, it reminds me a lot of bad things, but this could still be good.
Flag
I can't say I have ever seen anything Kirk Cameron was in. Even before he was a zealot. Yay me. But is this the trend, are there not other shows where the main premise is a significant portion of the population suddenly disappears. I think one of the amazon pilots had a similar premise and another one that I can't think of right now.
Flag
I was looking forward to this show but the trailer turned me off a little bit. Will probably still watch the premiere.
Flag
I'm going to give it a shot.
Flag
I am so tired of concepts:
Suddenly people disappears
Suddenly people re-appears
Suddenly that lights goes off all over the world
Suddenly all the people of the worlds blackouts.

They are all so very similar. WTH!
Flag
I'm pretty sure every television series has to have a concept in order to be made.
Flag
Of course they do, that was not my point. My point is there are so many shows with SIMILAR concepts, theres hardly anything new lately.
Flag
The trailer hasn't changed my plan. It's worth a look at the 1st episode & depending on if that episode can entertain me, compel me, or both...only then will I be willing to watch another
Flag
It sounded like a good idea on paper, but then the trailer looks horrible. HBO = the channel where normal sex scenes are passé and only orgies and other perverted forms of sex is good enough... It's pathetic, and all the characters looked tragic... I can't stand these negative and sad, miserable characters anymore. I am so sick of shows where everyone's an unlikable asshole. PASS!
Flag
Looks pretty good, but so did the first five seasons of Lost. Then in the final round Lindelof's team took a dive and went down. But I will give it a go, anyway despite the fact that I know Lindelof can't be trusted...
Flag
Definitely gonna watch this, love the concept.
Flag
Tim has already pretty much summed up how I feel. While it looks like a good concept and a great cast. There is the concern they are taking on big ideas and a narrative they have no clear idea how to wrap up. It would probably be more appealing to me if it was a self-contained mini-series, as with True Detective
Flag
pass
Flag
Interesting cast but I'm not Lindelof's biggest fan so I'll pass.
Flag
Looks pretty good, like. Will watch tentatively. So many of these shows have underwhelming reveals.
Flag
Looks good! Seems like they have a great cast as well. Really hope they won't mess it up. I mean, like, PLEASE PLEASE don't mess this up! I want another show that gets me hooked for several seasons. That hasn't happened for a while.
Flag
You should give Continuum a go, then.
Flag
This video does nothing for me. I can´t see this being worth watching. I just wish they will live this kind of shows to the channels and producers that do this much better. The 400 in reverse? not again please.
Flag
I'm sorry, but what channel do YOU think could handle this show better than HBO?
Flag
Cinemax network which is doing the best show on TV right now, BANSHEE.
Or Sundance TV which produced one of the best drama shows of 2013, RECTIFY
Flag
God, I miss the 4400 :( Still not over that cliffhanger drop.
Flag
Just now on episode 4 of season 1 of the 440.I'd heard about the cliff it leaves you with,without any resolution.I'll still watch it through tho.
Flag
I commend you, good sir :) Brilliant series that left us far too soon. You'd think the least USA could do is greenlight 1 last season and let them finish it off. The ratings weren't that bad.
Flag
I miss The 4400, too! It definitely didn't get the ending it deserved!
Flag
I saw only season 1 and that was enough for me. Rarely I have seen something so bad. Sorry but that is my opinion. Rather watch LOST again for the third time.
Flag
Lol I could say the exact same thing about Lost.
Flag
Looks intense!
Hope that "production break" isnt because Damon is trying to figure out how to resolve the shows million questions...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members