A The Leftovers Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on HBO

If you watched the Season 4 premiere of Game of Thrones, you probably saw the first teaser for HBO's upcoming series The Leftovers. But just in case you didn't, it's now online for your previewing pleasure. From Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof, The Leftovers— which is set to debut Sunday, June 15 at 10pm—is an adaption of author Tom Perrotta's novel of the same name, and begins three years after two percent of the world's population disappears without explanation. Some people think they disappeared because of the Rapture, but no one knows for certain. The series stars Justin Theroux (Six Feet Under), Amy Brenneman (Private Practice), Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who), and Liv Tyler (Lord of the Rings) and focuses on the people who were left behind as they struggle to figure out what happened. This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm about 83 percent certain they weren't dead the whole time. Watch the teaser and see for yourself!

Does The Leftovers look like something you'll watch? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/23/2017

Season 3 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 4/30/2017

Season 3 : Episode 3

47 Comments
Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Eh, it's HBO, I'll watch.
Flag
As many of the previous commenters, I also thought it would be like... a couple million people LEFT, not the other way around. But still, I'm gonna check this out because Christopher Eccleston.
Flag
Very effective teaser, but it's probably important to note that very little actual footage from the show is in that. Looks mostly like stock footage, except for the woman screaming for her....child (?).

I'll give it a chance.
Flag
I'll definitely check out this one! I just don't hope the narrator predicted the cancelation of the show... and just like that, they were gone....
Flag
Why does this look like a PSA about the benefits of recycling?
Flag
Lindelof and HBO, ofc I'll be checking it out. :)
But I get overwhelmed by FlashForward flashbacks (hehehe...) from the trailer. and that's like the worst possible reaction
Flag
My excitement has dwindled to cautious optimistic after watching this trailer. When I first heard about it I was thinking it would be more of a post-apocalyptic series with heavy religious discussion, sort of like The Book of Eli, but it's obvious from this that it will not be.
Flag
I think this looks good.
Flag
2% worldwide is too tiny to pique my interest. Slash it by half or more, then that'd be something. I'm in for one episode because of Eccleston, but if it doesn't wow me fast, I'll drop it like a sack of stray kittens into a river
Flag
It looks amazing.
Flag
This looks intriguing. I think I might give it a look.
Flag
I will watch this at least a couple times to see if it's any good. The premise doesn't really sound very interesting.
Flag
I will give it a try because of two words: Damon Lindelof. Plus the tease looks intriguing.
Flag
Been waiting for this. Hope the pilot isn't stupid.
Flag
HBO + Damon Lindelof. I'm in !
Flag
I probably will watch it basically because I want to speed through commercials on Falling Skies (off hand that is the only thing I can think that I watch that is opposite this). I tried reading the book and had trouble getting through the sample I downloaded on my Kindle. I sort of wonder if when we don't have to go through unnecessary scene descriptions it might be easier to take.
Flag
Har har, at the lame LOST pun Kaitlin. Wah-wah *french blue horn sound*
Yeah, I'll give The Leftovers a go but only because it's Lindelof.
Flag
Looks like it going to be a train crash of a series of episodes based on emotionally unstable people who after three years have become so deprived and lost, that it takes a team consisting of a doctor(who) and 3 assistants to help them get over there loss.

Everyone will see, I will be right.
Flag
God, please no.
Flag
"Sam? SAAAAAAAM!? SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!"

Ugh. Where have I heard that before?

"Walt? WAAAAAALT?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!"

Oh, right...
Flag
That is possibly the stupidest comment ever made.
Flag
Wow. I make one Lost reference, because of the scene in the teaser and Lindelof's involvement in the show, and I get that response? You're either an overly intense Michael Dawson/Harold Perrineau fan... or you can't stand Lost.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Yes.
Flag
I am definitely intrigued
Flag
I'm Intrigued but I thought it'd be more people who have gone
Flag
If I had not known before I watched the trailer that Damon Lindelof is behind the show, I would still have guessed that he is one of the creators:

"2% of the population...blah, blah...dramatic figures...blah, blah...and like that, they were gone."

Classic Lindelof & Co.
Flag
Who knows how the show will turn out, but Lindelof's name makes me very cautious, especially with a show as high concept and vague as this. Personally, I think shows like this should just be mini-series or specials, not all concepts can be stretched across multiple seasons. But who knows it could defy my expectations and be amazing.
Flag
I'll watch it because it's a drama made by HBO so chances of it being good are very high.
Flag
If I ate 2% of a cake, the 98% left would be the leftovers? Not exactly earth-shattering.

They should just flip the numbers.
Flag
When I first read this article, I thought 2% must be a typo. Then I watched the clip and listened to what 2% amounts to. Sure, 120 million folks is a lot to disappear all at once, especially with no explanation, but it's still not particularly jaw-dropping. I'm not sure this sounds as promising as it once did (though I know perfectly well I could be wrong). And having Lindelof's name on it is far from any guarantee of excellence or even consistency or coherence. I'll probably wait and read a lot of its reviews before deciding if it's worth adding yet another series to my already overly full plate.
Flag
It's 140 million. But still too random to care.
Flag
It's not jaw-dropping to have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY MILLION PEOPLE DISAPPEAR AT THE SAME TIME?

Jesus fucking Christ...
Flag
As a percentage of the roughly six billion people currently living on the planet, no. Nearly half that many die each year already. Now if they're all disappearing from the same country, that would be different.

25%, 50%, 90%, now those would be jaw-dropping (and welcome) numbers.
Flag
Sure, that many may die "each year" but when have 120 million people ever DISAPPEARED at the EXACT SAME TIME?

The only way that isn't jaw-dropping is if you don't have the mental capacity to understand just how jaw-dropping it is.
Flag
So anyone not suitably impressed by numbers which did impress you means that they have a diminished mental capacity? That's an entirely subjective conclusion. My lame brain is wowed by the numerous extinction events in Earth's past, the Permian in particular. In the grand scheme of things, numbers such as 2% of a single species disappearing just isn't that astounding to me, whether it's explained or not.

What actually is nearly jaw-dropping, due to its increasing rarity in today's world, is the ability to accept and tolerate dissenting opinions without resorting to ad hominem attacks.
Flag
Perhaps you should tell that to the voiceover guy.
Flag
Jesus fucking Christ...

That'd be just One person masturbating, right.?
Flag
Two thumbs up for redundant spam, nice. I recently reset my Internet Explorer and when I go to TV.com, it stops me saying the site's certifications are crap and I shouldn't go here. This is paid for by CBS is it not? so why doesn't Internet Explorer like you guys? I could use another browser, but I prefer IE because I find it easier to navigate. I thought it was my computer, but it's you, TV.com that's the problem. Fix it please, my computer is calling you a whore, with STDs.
And...You need a Home button.
Flag
The tv.com logo with the little man on a chair next to it is a home button.
Flag
Cool...thanks.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members