The Legend of Tarzan

Toon Disney (ended 2003)

The Legend of Tarzan Fan Reviews (9)

• A Great show.

A great show based on one of the my favourite movies ever.
  • Never really "WATCHED" It.

To tell the truth, I didn't even pay attention too what the episodes where about. I did watch it however because I loved the movie Tarzan. I just studied and studied the artwork and backgrounds of the series. The movie was was even better. Along with Aladdin, Lion King and etc. I never knew Turk was a girl until I was older. When I first saw the movie I was mind blown on how the animation and backgrounds put up on the screen was so cool. Every shot, every angle and measurement were precise to my point of view. the 3D animation worked well with the 2D character animation. Tarzan was an animation feat.
  • I loved this show when I was younger...

I love Tarzan. The movie is amazing and the music is awesome. The show never quite made it up to the level of the movie, but it was still good. Jane is trying to get used to the jungle while Tarzan is now the leader of the apes. Interesting. I like how the show brought in a lot of westerners. It made the stories interesting and new. Tantor and Terk and the Prof added plenty of good comedy. I just wish the show was as good as the movie, but sadly it was not. The writing and the stories just couldn't compare. Still, a great show that I used to watch when I was younger.
  • The Legend of Tarzan picks up where the 1999 feature film left off, with the title character adjusting to his new role as leader of the apes (following Kerchak's death), and Jane (whom he's since married) adjusting to life in the jungle.

To tell the truth, I didn't even pay attention too what the episodes where about. I just studied and studied real hard on the artwork and backgrounds of the series. The artistic abilities that were put in he show were amazing. The movie's was even better. Along with Hercules, Lion King and etc. Tarzan was a masterpeice put together by Disney's finest artisans. When I first saw the movie I was mind blown on how the animation and backgrounds put up on the screen were so precise. Every shot, every angle and measurment were precise to my point of veiw. Absolutly gorgeous! Tarzan brilliantly awesome.
  • Great cartoon!

As an 80's kid who can't stomach much of the crap they make for kids these days, I was shocked that I LOVED this so much.

Even though I LOVED the movie, I wasn't sure if they could keep the magic but that worry was quickly forgotten. It feels like a natural progression of these characters & it was nice to see Disney didn't just throw something out there just for the sake of doing it - like they too often do these days.
  • The cartoon "The Legend of Tarzan" is like the continue of the movie "Tarzan" In the movie "Tarzan" Jane can not comunicate with the gorillas, but in the series "The Legend of Tarzan" Jane can comunicate with the gorillas. I gess that Tarzan teached Jane

I like the series "The legend of Tarzan", but I think that the movie "Tarzan" is better. I love the movie "Tarzan", I never get tired of watching this movie. You just got to love it. My favorite characters are Jane, Tantor, Turk, and off course Tarzan (The main character). :)
  • This show is exactly what Disney needs!

The Legend of Tarzan is probably the best Disney show created. Full of action, just a little bit of comedy, moral and lessons in life made this show what it is. The movie the series is based on and the series itself made me understand the Ape-Man even more. Edgar Rice Burroughs is one of the greatest writers who ever lived. Even characters like Queen La and the Waziris appeared on the show. The best Disney villains are right here in this show. But why must it be cancelled? Why do all the good shows get cancelled? I want the series to have more episodes. Tarzan is one of the greatest characters ever created and Disney's version is the best one ever!!!!!!
  • Good

5.4
  • Over all review of The Legend of Tarzan.

Disney’s The Legend of Tarzan is truly the last classic Disney show. Unlike many Disney shows today such as [i]Dave the Barbarian[/i] or [i]The Buzz on Maggie[/i] it did not need comedy to keep viewers alert. The story plots are very captivating and will grasp the viewer’s attention. Personally, Disney’s The Legend of Tarzan is my favorite Disney show. Don’t get me wrong I loved the classics like [i]Ducktales[/i] and [i]Gummi Bears[/i], but The Legend of Tarzan just has some special quality to it. The animation is flawless! The show has been beautifully animated and many scenes are breathtaking to watch. Whether it is lava bursting out of a volcano or the clear blue seas of the ocean the show was very well animated. Of course this is a “sequel” to the feature length movie [i]Disney’s Tarzan[/i] so we have the same loveable characters and their everyday battles in the jungle. The characters are very well formed and it is easy to have a liking for a certain one. Personally, I am a fan of Tarzan; Michael T. Weiss did an outstanding job when voicing Tarzan. The voice is deep and mysterious, but friendly and lovable. The show lasted for only 39 episodes (36 for the first season and 2 for the second), but many agree that the show should have at least been extended to the Disney 65 episode limit. However, no two story plots were a like and often they are based on what happened in a previous episode. In fact some episodes are real tear-jerkers. I can’t give too much away because I don’t want to spoil it for any future fans. It is very worthy of being watched. In fact I can’t get enough of it that I have been recording them all on to DVD! For Disney fans this is a “breath of fresh air” in quality. It never needed fancy fighting scenes like in Kim Possible with laser beams. The show has a few situations in which Tarzan wrestles some jungle animal, but only to protect his family. Family is very important to Tarzan and it is shown in many shapes and forms. When ever you have some spare time I recommend renting Tarzan & Jane from [i]Block Buster[/i] or [i]Netflicks[/i] because it showcases three of the episodes as flashbacks in the movie.