A The Librarians Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABC1

SHHH THIS IS A MAGICAL LIBRARY

... TNT has officially ordered 10 episodes of The Librarians, a new series based on the network's Librarian films starring Noah Wyle. The series stars Rebecca Romijn and centers on an ancient organization whose mission is to protect the world from the secret, magical reality that's hidden all around us. Wyle will executive-produce the show and reprise his role as Flynn Carsen from the movie trilogy in a recurring capacity. Christian Kane (Leverage), Lindy Booth (Dawn of the Dead), John Kim (Neighbors), and John Larroquette (Night Court) also star. [TNT via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... NBC's upcoming Rosemary's Baby miniseries starring Zoe Saldana and Suits' Patrick J. Adams will premiere on NBC Sunday, May 11 at 9pm. The four-hour series will air in two parts, with the second scheduled for Thursday, May 15 at 9pm. Someone at NBC must've forgotten to plan the debut and lost the chance to book two subsequent evenings. You had one job, Larry! [NBC via press release]

... Someone (me) forgot this one yesterday. Whoops! I'm sorry I deprived you of your Adam Brody news. I'll be sure to have someone punch me in the face after I post this story. Anyway, Amazon has ordered two new pilots. They'll be part of the company's next round of original pilots, which will debut later this season on Amazon Instant. The first is the half-hour dramedy The Cosmopolitans, starring Brody (The O.C.) and Chloë Sevigny (Big Love); it's about a group of American expatriates searching for love in a foreign city. The second is Hand of God, which stars Sons of Anarchy's Ron Perlman as a "hard-living, law-bending married man" with some questionable morals who experiences a religious awakening and starts believing that God is talking to him through his son, who's on a ventilator. Also appearing in Hand of God are Dana Delany (Body of Proof), Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope), Andre Royo (The Wire), Alona Tal (Supernatural), and Julian Morris (Pretty Little Liars). [Amazon via press release]

... Starz is entering unscripted territory with The Chair, a reality competition series following Shane Dawson and Anna Martemucci, two first-time directors, as they go through the process of bringing their first feature film to the big screen. Created by Chris Moore (Good Will HuntingProject Greenlight), the show will give each director the same screenplay for How Soon Is Now, a coming-of-age story, and charged them with making it their own. The series will document the creation, marketing, and release of the films. Both adaptations will air on Starz, and the director of the winning film, chosen by "multi-platform voting," will take home $250,000. Zachary Quinto will serve as their mentor. [Starz via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Enlisted is saved! Sort of. Parker Young has signed on to star opposite his current Enlisted co-star Geoff Stults in the CBS pilot Cuz-Bros. The comedy stars Stults as Nick, a successful and suave sportscaster in Los Angeles whose life is turned upside-down when his less cool, less suave cousin Barry (Young) moves in with him. Should Enlisted be renewed by some divine miracle, both Stults and Young would be forced to drop out. However, should Enlisted get the ax—and unfortunately that's looking more and more likely—I don't see why CBS couldn't also find a Cuz-Bros role for Chris Lowell. I have it on good authority that his dancing is spectacular, if that matters. [Deadline]

... Donal Logue (Terriers forever!), who plays Lieutenant Declan Murphy on Law & Order: SVU, will continue to recur for the rest of the current season. Murphy is currently the acting commander of the New York Special Victims Unit. [NBC via press release]

... The real star of Glee, Chris Colfer, will guest-star on an upcoming episode of Hot in Cleveland as Tony, the son of Wendie Malick’s Victoria. [TV Line]

... Starz has cast Scottish actor Steven Cree as Ian Murray in Ron Moore's Outlander. Based on the book series by Diana Gabaldon, Outlander follows Claire (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse in the 1940s who travels back through time to 18th century, where she falls in love with another man. [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/1/2010

Season 3 : Episode 8

59 Comments
Comments (59)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I wonder if Jonathan Frakes will get involved in The Librarians, since he directed two of the movies.
Flag
Parker Young, stop it with the new shows and come back to Suburgatory!
Flag
The librarians I can't wait.
Flag
I think the word you were looking for, Kaitlin, was consecutive, not subsequent. If you're going to mock someone for their job performance, you should get the words right.
Flag
The Chair is an interesting concept, I'd like to see how drastically different two directors can take the same concept. Not sure if Starz is the right network for it though, I'm enjoying their period piece dramas a lot.
Flag
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nice, The Librarians as a series and with Noah Wyle! &3 As ong as he has time for Falling Skies though.

Cuz-Bros sound more and more fun, but I wish Enlisted would have gotten renewed instead. It turned out to be one of the better sitcoms.

I will be watching Rosemary's Baby.
Flag
Oh snap, that cast on The Librarians just got my attention back. I liked the first tv movie, but the other one was flat; still, that's a hell of a cast, and with Warehouse 13 disappearing, I think they've got me watching this.

Dammit Larry, how could you let that happen? Nobody will tune in Sunday and Thursday, and now you've ruined Thursday! Clean out your shit -- oh, stop crying, you're not fired but you're moving to a cubicle on the tenth floor. Ugh, Larry.

Donal Logue's character on SVU was really good this week taking over command, my only issue is that there was NO REASON why he should be able to take on this command since it was nothing similar to his earlier job, but that's ok, at least we got rid of the awful soap opera/cartoon super evil villain guy finally. Should have shot Benson instead, she does everything wrong now!
Flag
Staff
Donal Logue (Terriers forever!)
Flag
"Cuz-Bros"? Uuuuuggghhhh. Terrible title.
Flag
Good that they got at least one of the Leverage gang in the new Librarian series. It could use a little muscle and Kane's the right guy to kick butt. I've seen the movies, so I'll watch the series as well. Since it's only 10 episodes per season, Hopefully TNT won't cancel Falling Skies. Noah Wyle could easily split his time between the two shows. One season of ER was likely more grueling than the two combined.
Flag
4 hours of Rosemary's baby on Network TV I'll pass, network TV does not have the parameters to do horror very well, maybe if it was HBO or Showtime I'd give it a shot but ... um no...

Flag
Horror doesn't need a lot of gore to be good if done right... That's not what's scary - suspense is! And oh yeah, Hannibal is VERY gory.
Flag
Just watched the Rosemary baby trailer and I'm not impressed at all
Flag
Suspense is always better in a movie theater where the screen is huge, the sound system is awesome and there are no commercials, I am a horror fan and some of my favorite horror movies have nothing to do with gore. The Abandoned 2006 After Dark Horror film fest movie. There were probably only 3 actors in the whole movie and no gore, and you stayed on the edge of your seat the whole time.
Flag
Seen Hannibal? Thought not. Who knows what we'll get.
Flag
I wasn't interested in Hannibal and most of NBC's line up, don't even like the voice #singingcompetitionburnout
Flag
I will be giving the Librarian a shot, they had me at Rebecca Romijn Sta... oops almost said Stamos lol , I like Enlisted it wasn't must see TV but I don't think the show was given a fair shot on Friday's, I hope that Parket Young doesn't play the same character he's being typcast as, "The dumb one" So far he's done it on Suburgatory and enlisted
Flag
Oh I must watch The Librarian! Christian Kane. Whee!
Flag
You had me at Lindy Booth 'The Librarians'.
Flag
So excited for The Librarian. Those movies were wonderful. Noah Wyle was excellent in them. And they're adding Christian Kane into the mix from Leverage. I am definitely watching!
Flag
The Librarian are going on the list, been hearing about them recently and I am curious.

Plus I love me some Indiana Jones so if it's a cheesy knock off then I wont mind at all.
Flag
Ooooh, more good news for Caitriona Balfe, she grew up down the road from me. Good for her! Although, that Outlander series sounds a bit similar to Goodnight Sweetheart.
Yay, more Adam Brody on my telly! Woop!
What does Noah Wyle in this new show mean for Falling Skies? Not that I care that much b/c I forgot to watch it after episode 3. Of S1.
Hand of God sounds familiar.... was that not announced previously?
Flag
The Librarians sounds cool--no mention of Jane Curtain or Bob Newhart, though. Pity

The networks are idiots. If you're going to resurrect something, resurrect Life with Damian Lewis, he's not working. Sara Shahi took Carter's job, sort of, so get Taraji Henson to be Crew's new partner, Maggie Fusco--because Shahi was Reese, get it.
Flag
Oh man, good looking out with Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart, they were really fun in the movies!
Flag
I liked the movie The Librarian I think I'll check the TV Show but without Noah Wyle I don't know. Maybe something will be missing. I don't say that the other aren't good, I don't know them but I never really liked when a show, movie or book continue without its main character.
Flag
I may check The Librarians just for the cast.
Flag
The Librarian TV show! And Christian Kane is in it! Hell. Yeah.
Flag
I prefer Romijn in another season of King & Maxwell but having enjoyed the silliness of the Liberian movies I am sure they will do nicely as well.
Flag
Hand of God has added Andre Royo and Alona Tal too? Our cup really does runneth over!

As a side note, no face-punching Kaitlin for late news, we have Tim for that!
Flag
I wonder if they will let Christian Kane keep his Leverage hair.
Flag
I like Romijn, but when it was announced the Librarians was looking for an "ass-kicking" female character, I immediately thought of Bridget Regan (Legend of Seeker / White Collar). I think she'd be a better choice, if she were able to do it.

I like Logue too, but getting tired of him and I don't watch Law & Order. Some actors over-do it and you start to see them more than the characters they are supposed to be playing. At one time, Dillahunt and Zeljko Ivanek were two that were in at least three shows at the same, which annoyed me. They are good actors, and nice to see they get work, but still...
Flag
I was glad to see Donal Logue's character return in last night's SVU. I think he'll be a good addition, however short-lived.
Flag
Well, between that, Vikings, and Gotham just around the corner, I don't know where he'll find the time!
Flag
Those Rosemary's Baby commercials are horrendous. What sort of moron thinks the sound of a crying baby is a good idea?
Flag
Does this mean that the forthcoming season of Falling Skies will be its last, given that Wyle also stars in that? Or will he have time to do both?
Flag
they probably be filmed and will air at different times of the year, and Noah Wyle is only set to be recurring in The Librarian tv series.
Flag
I hope Falling Skies is not ending as I like that show. Also, the article reads that Noah Wyle is starring (and not recurring). I'll still watch even if he is recurring. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wonder when it is going to start??
Flag
I enjoyed The Librarian movies enough to check out the show.

Amazon can keep doing all the shows they want, I'm never going to get to see them.. maybe if they didn't start doing original programing, the free shipping price limit wouldn't have been raised. CONSPIRACY!

Cuz-Bros sounds like how Geoff Stults described his relationship with Parker Young when he was on Chelsea Lately recently.
Flag
Maybe they are doing the programming because the shipping costs have increased and they have to recoup that money by creating new incentives to join Amazon Prime. CONSPIRACY BUSTED!
Flag
I'd think paying for the episodes and actors would cost more than raising free shipping by $10 brings in.
Flag
$20 more a year, and Amazon last year was reported as having 10 million customers, so that extra $20 is $200 million. Think that covers the price of a few episodes and actors?
Flag
The Librarians has a really good cast,so I'll check out the series.
Flag
Considering that Warehouse 13 is going bye-bye...I'll definitely check out The Librarians. Because really if WH13 wasn't going off air...it would have been pretty stupid to (finally) bring this show to series.
Flag
I liked the original Librarian movies, but yeah, how is this not Warehouse 13 rebooted?
Flag
Warehouse 13 is the reboot as it started in 2009 and the first Librarian movie premiered in 2004. The TV show is a continuation of the movies.
Flag
There's even less interest in a pseudo-scientific explanation for everything on The Library. Also, it's a library, not a warehouse.
Flag
Thanks, JT. It's so obvious now. :)
Flag
The Librarians = Men of Letters
Flag
Follow this Show
Members