The Life and Times of Juniper Lee

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

The Life and Times of Juniper Lee Fan Reviews page 3 of 5

• Girl saving the world... again....

5.5
    Lets settle this now, the animation and drawing style is fresh and new. It's the whole "Save the world by another girl, and magic" thats annoying. There must be like twenty shows like that. The characters are good, and developed, but at times, it seems the story plots are just too far fetched for one to care about. Good show, but needs work if they continue past the proposed 22 episodes.
  • wtf

1.3
    okay this show is so stupid its nothing but a rip-off of american dragon jake long I mean really think about it they both fight monsters and keep the peace they both have annoying siblings and they both have talking pugs but american dragon jake long is way better then juniper lee

the only characters I can stand on juniper lee is monroe and rayray they are cute but other characters can just die

ophelia is nothing but a poser roger is an annoying little geek and that one girl just needs to be shot in the head and juniper all I have to say is anger mangement
  • Not that great.

6.2
    The Life and Times of Juniper Lee is about an 11-year-old girl named Juniper who is the ''Te Xuan Ze''.She has to fight monsters and demons with magic,with the help of her 8-year-old brother Ray Ray,and her dog Monroe,and her grandmother Ah-Mah.

Her father was supposed to be the Te Xuan Ze,but it skipped his generation,and went straight to June's.

I,myself,don't care much for this show,but at least I saw a couple of episodes to get an idea of the show.

The art sytle and colors are pretty neat,but the animation is so cheap-looking.I don't care for it that much.

Now,time for me to rate the character designs!

Juniper's design-Pretty good.Thought I wonder why she wears a green shirt with her trademark magenta logo.Green+Mangenta=Not cool.If she wore a pink-ish shirt with her magenta logo,she'd have a better matching shirt.

Ray Ray's design-Not that good.I mean,he can funny at times,but I don't really like his shirt.I mean,it's just a red shirt with a yellow circle on it,with a blue/sky blue fist.Not very creative.I think he's a little short for an 8-year-old.

Monroe's design-In the middle.I mean,he's a dog,so I don't have much to say about his design.He's just a normal pug.June and Ray Ray can understand him,but to the others,he can bark like a regular dog.

Jody's design-In the middle.I'm not sure what to say about her.She's a normal kid,with normal taste in clothing.I gotta admit,she kinda get on my nerves.She acts like she's ''Miss Perfect''.

Opheila's design-Pretty good.I really like her design.She's a punk-rock girl.One thing I don't like is she act's like a sterotype punk-rock girl.On her offical CartoonNetwork.com bio,she doesn't do anything mainstream.In real life,most punk-rock kids don't do anything main stream.Other than that,she's fine to me.

Roger's design-Not that good.He's WAY too weird for my tastes,and I really don't like with way he dresses.In other words: he's the dork/weirdo of the group.I just don't like him in general.

----------

Overall:It's not that good.I'll give the show a 6.2 rating.
  • Pretty good show...

7.4
    What's impressive about "Juniper Lee" is that her voice actor, Lara Jill Miller is excellent. The first show I've ever heard her voice was "Digimon: Digital Monsters," eventually she moved on as minor characters in Japanese Anime, but this show about an 11-year-old Asian girl is really out-of-sight! Her younger brother Ray Ray, can be a nuisance, but what surprises me the most was who knew that Lara could even sing? That one episode of when June performed at the talent show. It's impressive, creative, and enjoyable to even listen to. Through all the Japanese series that I've heard her voice through, this would be a first.
  • Terrible,annoying rip-off

A blatant rip-off of American Dragon: Jake Long. This show is boring. Juniper Lee is a chosen one who has to protect the world blah, blah, blah. This show tries to be funny and isn\\\\\\\'t, it cliches every kind of monster and magiic and all in all it totally sucks. I love shows with kung-fu and magic but this one is just terrible. Ray-Ray is not a bad character but all the others are hateful and irritating. Juniper bugs the hell out of me with her annoying voice and stupid threats, which considerably weakens the show already seeing as she is the main character. The goth chick is boring and very annoying as is every other character besides perhaps Ray-Ray. I suugest you never watch this as it is un-original, annoying and downright bad. The only reason this show gets a 1 is because I can't go down to zero
  • Yea its good

Yea dis is a good show. Its original and its easy to get addicted to too. THis show is about a 11 year old girl who has to save the world from monsters and demons. The comedy is kind of what makes this show good. And yeah I recommend watching this show.
  • A doomed show? Not likely...

Juniper Lee has been appointed the guardian of the magical world that intertwines with the human world (known as the Te-Shwan-Zi). Along with a talking dog named Monroe and her little brother Ray-Ray, she has to battle the forces of magic and still manage to balance her normal life without tipping everyone off as to who she is. A combination that's used much, and given its own little twist here.

Many people said this show was doomed (as did I at one point). This came out at a similar time to another Cartoon Network show which was also consider doomed, Krypto the Superdog. Guess what though? That show is not only alive, but kicking and coming back. The same thing is happening here. It's not really one of my favorite shows (Juniper Lee), but it's definitely not bad to check out. I'm giving it an 8.9/10
  • This has to be a creation of a person with no sense or maybe the person has no creativity.

When I heard of this show I decided to try it out but man was it boring!THe main character has no super powers just a dumb old watch that tells her when things are bad.How can some girl with no pwers save the world in 5 minutes she must have been dead by now!The other bad thing is the monsters they look al bad and dumb it looks like they hired a person that doesn't know how to draw and how can no one see or hear those gigantic monsters.If you don't watch a dunb underrated show you shouldn't watch Juniper Lee.
  • Charming and well-written. Best kids cartoon in quite a while.

Juniper Lee is, at its surface, a standard issue cartoon about a potent teenager battling evil. But there is quite a bit more there. Juniper (June) is the Te Xuan Ze, which is to say that she is, by birthright, the guardian of the "magical world," all the magical creatures out there. Working with a talking dog and her rambunctious brother, she generally has to tackle a new issue each episode. What really drives the show home, though, is its excellent and witty dialogue. June approaches her task with the cynicism of a professional, enough to allow her to channel Clint Eastwood-style "tough guy" (tough gal?) lines when appropriate, or make such world-weary observations as "Look, the point of being a fire demon is to be on fire! I don't care how hot they get! They should just learn to deal and stay out of the public pool!" The rest of the characters are equally well-written, with enough expansion on the archetypes to still be enjoyable. In fact, only a few of the lines and situations really fall flat, for a kid's show, the ratio is quite good. And those that do fall flat don't sting as much as, say, a misfired scene from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (An interesting show in its own right...). The show's only weakness is, despite a few of the episodes with really engaging narratives, the show doesn't have anything in the nature of a memorable narrative drive. The stories won't hook you, the dialogue and writing will, though.

Charming, good-natured, and very intelligently written, it is hard to go wrong with Juniper Lee.

(Addendum: Disney's American Dragon Jake Long is quite similar in premise to this show, but is in nearly every conceivable aspect an inferior product.)
  • Ok.

I had to change my review because I watched another episode and it was really cool.This show is way better than expected!I mean It is like like like the BEST!Well not the best show but it is really good!Now I know why people like it, sometimes it is really funny.
  • Nothing interesting.

Ok, I gave this show plenty of chances, however it never really impressed me. The main character says corny lines all the time, the plot just shifts from episode to episode, the boy is way too hyper to be entertaining at all, the monsters are rather ugly looking. Add a pretty one and I will be amazed. The dog just sits there and tries to be funny, and rarely does anything to advance the plot besides giving the main character information in order to speed up the show, instead of doing it the better way and having the main character find the information herself. I suppose if they even do a two-parter I will watch it, considering that it means that a fight will last longer then 4-9 minutes. I give this show a 3/10 considering that it has a rather interesting plot idea, but the rest of the show is sub-par at best.
  • The same old stuff, but with a little twist and tweak here and there, monsters and magic for youngsters.

A classic plot, Kids with superpowers. Not the most original thing you can find on TV, but it's still funny, only if there's nothing better on. It's one of those last resort shows, that you'll watch during the commercials and then get caught up, in and will forget to change the channel.
  • Gets worse with each episode.

0.0
    The worst show ever. Just a stupid girl who has no powers. American Dragon is way better then this cheap knock off that took the worse parts of American Dragon and made a cheap crappy copy. There is no action. Nothing at all funny. The characters are all ugly, stupid, and one dimensional and the monsters look like something a four year old drew.

Don't watch this show I did and it was the worst half hour of my life.

You've been warned.
  • A person fighting supernatural stuff? Seen it.

5.9
    OMG, Cartoon Network has to be completely desperate to put this on. They copied Jake Long, which copied Danny Phantom. This is what happens when they recycle ideas, the first one is great, the second one is okay, and the third one is terrible.

This isn't the worst show I've seen; there have been shows a lot worse than this, but CN is really losing their touch by showing this unoriginal crud. What are they doing, spying on the DP and JL producers to steal their ideas? I mean, even the initials for Juniper Lee are the same as Jake Long.

I think they should cancel this show and put a more original show on, I mean, even the humor stinks. I'm not even the best comedy judger in the world. This show needs to go and be replaced by something a little more different.
  • Not a good show, or even medicore. Only watch this if you don't feel like changing the channel.

0.0
    The show lacks action, comedy, darkness and everything else that makes a show good.

Juni is just an 11 year old girl that happens to be this Te Xuan Ze.

She fights stupid creatures that don't look the lest bit frightening. And they mention demons. Not a thing like Inuashya, which has good demons.

And as for being powerful, she isn't.

You can watch this show, but there are other channels.
  • STUPID!!!!

This show is sooo boring. It has no meaning! :(
    This show is also just plain annoying...Juniper
    lee acts all tough and stupid and beats up monsters three times her size and I just can't stand her little brother Rayray...He is so annoying with his hipitched voice and constant yelling. I seriously can't understand why cartoon network would actually allow this crap on there channel... I really think they should Cancel this crap and bring back all the better shows such as Dexter's lab, Courage, Johny bravo, and Cow and Chicken!!!!! (I'm sorry if I offended anyone...)
  • this show sucks

0.0
    This show sucks balls.Juneifer is a
    stipid person that can jump like 50
    50 feet in the air.Ray Ray is a stipid little
    kid that can see magicical creutures.the grand
    ma is an out of control old lady.Monroll is a
    spipid dog.Who ever likes this show is stipid.
    This a disgrace to ameircan dragon Jake long.
  • Juniper Lee? Yah right!!!

0.1
    Arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!! My hatred for this show is intense! I hate it so much! The reason is because The creator of this awful show copied American Dragon Jake Long. Even there names are similar (JL for Jake Long and Juniper Lee). Plus they both have a powerful grandma, and an annoying younger sibling, and a wisetalking dog. This show is also just plain annoying...Juniper lee acts all tough and stupid and beats up monsters three times her size and I just can't stand her little brother Rayray...He is so annoying with his hipitched voice and constant yelling. I seriously can't understand why cartoon network would actually allow this crap on there channel...They must be drunk!!! I really think they should Cancel this crap and bring back all the better shows such as Dexter's lab, Courage, Johny bravo, and Cow and Chicken!!!!! (I'm sorry if I offended anyone...)
  • This show should be called "The Crappy Times Of Juniper Lee".

3.1
    What the hell is this?All it is is just this stupid 11 year old chinese girl who fights monsters and thats it.Also the writer should 1.Change the animation it's horrible.2.Fix Junes voice I can't stand it.3.Die for making such crap!!!Man this show makes Pet Alien rock,when it doesn't.Overall,if you're watching this show,you're just wasting your time.
  • The story needs almost a complete overhaul, but they can keep some of the basic ideas and make this into a good show.

The monsters are too goofy, slow and underpowered. Juniper fighting style is very weak. She says too many corny, not funny lines. Her younger brother is too hyper and worrisome.

They should first make a main evil, powerful enemy. One she can't tries to fight, but she can't even touch with her current. Her grandmother should try to save her and dies. A new relative appears takes Juniper and her brother away for training for 3 or 5 years. Juniper now cares about fight and wants revenge. Juniper also should use a weapon and martial art styles. Her brother still jokes a little, but isn't hyper.
  • It seems like a good idea for a show, they just got to improve it.

5.7
    If you think about it, this is one of the better shows Sam brought to CN. Out of Hihipuffy ami umie, Pet Alein, and Bobobobobo and other crap like that.

The show needs to get way better or it will be cancled. It's not one of my favorites, but I will watch it from time to time when I'm board.
    . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    So I say, make it better, or dont' make the show at all. . . . .
  • wtf!

1.3

• pathetic.simply pathetic.

0.1
    this show's really unamusing. The plotline is very immature and the fact that a pre-teen fighting monsters is simply amateur! I really think this show needs some fixing up to do.Also,I have to complain that some of charecter voices are annoying and too high.Makes them all sound like 9 year olds.Overall,this show sucks,just like fairlyOddparents
  • Come on! It's just a boring, unorginal version of American Dragon: Jake Long.

This was an incredible boring show. I watched the first episode and I realised it was just a complete rip-off of the show American Dragon: Jake Long. I mean an annoying brother simular to Jake Long's annoying sister and a wise talking dog. It's exactly the same! I'm outraged because I am a fan of American Dragon: Jake Long and I can't believe that Cartoon Network would copy Disney like that, I mean I'm suprised they haven't sued! I just like to say that if you haven't seen this show yet or if you don't like it anyway. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • OK, magical creatures = unicorns, dragons, orisha, leprechauns, faeries, trolls, pixies... not these fuzzy, badly drawn characters that Juniper Lee fights.

4.2
    Absolutely bloody terrible. This is yet another case of magical fighting shows - it copies Jake Long like hell!

Juniper Lee (JL like Jake Long!)both have a mythical grandma, a younger sibling that also has magical abilities, parents that don't, a talking wrinkled dog and they all have to protect the world! Yawn.

Should have stayed as a comic book, Judd Winick. Stupid.
  • Unoriginal, but theres just something about it

Maybe its the theme song or maybe the style of the animation.But i just think this show rocks, most people will hate it.And i agree, sometimes it can get corny and some characters like reyrey i cant stand.But the episodes can be really cool, i liked the viking episode.That one was the funniest, most episodes aren't original,but something's just good about this show that i like so much.
  • Jake Long is OK. But if someone tries to switch the genders of the the brother, the sister, and the grandparent, and pass it off as a show, than I say,

3.9
    Why the heck would anyone want to watch this show?? I can't see a single thing that would make this show good, execpt the remarks of the dog, which save the show from a 0.0. Honestly, I can't believe CN made this! it needs to be shipped of to disney channel,where it will shoot DOWN in ratings because of Jake Long, cancelled, and shipped off to toon disney to be with Kim Possible and then the ratings will plunge more and finnaly, taken off the air! Or, to stop the extension of the misery of the veiwers, just cancelled! Then that dog could get a talk show on adult swim..
    I just want it away from the cartoon network schedule.

-cheesyman
  • This show...the first time I watched this,it was 24 minutes long.I want those 24 minutes of my life back!

3.8
    This show really sucks! I hate it! haven't kids got enough of pre-teens fighting imaginary monsters with super human strength?I mean,jut look at those retarded fingerless Powerpuff Girls.I mean,shouldn't that show made us hurl enough?and what the hell is a teriaki wong-lo mein or whatever they call her?I have a feeling that this show should never air again!
  • A mildly interesting show, that can use some vast improvements.

By now, you've probably heard how Juniper Lee is a clone of American Dragon. For the most part, I agree, the show shares a lot of similarities to American Dragon: Jake Long. But, Juniper Lee is so much better.

The story itself is creative. Juniper Lee, our 11 year old protaginist, is the Te Xuan Ze. The Te Xuan Za is the peace keeper between the human world and the magical world. Even though the show sounds interestin, it easily becomes reptitive. In every episode Jun complains about having the balance her duties as the Te Xuan Za and your normal life, then some ridiculous monster comes and starts recking havok. Next June will have some sort of struggle with the monster. Finally in the end, Jun beats the monster and is happy.

The characters in this show is mildly interesting. I don't have much love for Juniper. It's not that I hate her, it's just virtually impossible to relate to her. The thing that makes the main character great is being able to put yourself in the same situation, with Jun however that's impossible.

I do like Monroe and Ray Ray however. They're both extremely funny characters. But that's all I can say however. My other major gripe with the show is the voice acting. None of the voices really match their characters.

Overall; it's not as bad as most people say it is. It does have room for a lot of improvement, but it can become a better show.

• Whats the point of this show??????????

When i saw the makings of it i loved the music,drawings ect. But i saw the show i expected a bad preformence with reyrey a moron who is a dumber phil,A nother talking pug????? ok i had it with the talking pugs please STOP IT!!!! And thay said shes the ONLY ONE who sees Monsters well her grandmother sees it,Reyrey sees it,her mom sees it,The Pug monroe sees it her whole dang family sees it!. please don't tune in to this crap it only just not dissolve monsters but your quality time when you can watch Fosters,Dannyphantom,Familyguy,Drake and Josh,Robot chicken,Simpsons, Do i have to go any further???? Now CN Made a dumb mistake putting this garbadge on air one thing dont watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
1 2 3 4 5