The Life and Times of Juniper Lee

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

The Life and Times of Juniper Lee Fan Reviews (141)

• The Life and Times of Juniper Lee is not only a big waste of time, but a big rip off of 2 excellent Disney shows

I am going to be honest here, and say that seeing commercials for this show it looked promising. The Life and Times of Juniper Lee is about a girl named Juniper having to protect the world from magical creatures from another world. There is already a huge problem with the premise. It sounds very similar to American Dragon: Jake Long on Disney Channel. Now I can overlook a rip off when it has its own uniqueness, but this show fails to do that. The characters are all terrible, and rip offs of American Dragon as well. The only difference is that unlike American Dragon where the characters have great personalities, and back stories everyone in this show is generic and stereotypical with little to no back story to them. You have a generic goth girl, a stereotypical girl who wants to be the best at everything, run of the mill jerk older brother, and the parents who are neglectful, but caring. The grandma is like Grandpa from American Dragon, but is not as great as him, and is lazy. The dog who talks is similar to Fu, but only gives wise cracks instead of helping most of the time. Ray Ray is like Hayley, but very annoying and lacks any development at all. Juniper Lee though has to be the worst character on this show. Juniper is like Jake Long except a female, and despite her having magic she doesn't seem to use it, and instead uses fighting movies. I also want to point out that Juniper fighting evil reminds me of another Disney show Kim Possible. Jumpier has the same hairdo as Kim, and even some of the fighting moves look similar to the show. So not satisfied with ripping off American Dragon the creators decided to steal another good show. Just how desperate were these creators. I am surprised that Disney didn't sue CN for this rip off. The stories are OK, but nothing too special or creative that makes them watchable. The monsters themselves look ridiculous. They look like carnival monster doll rejects, and some even look like the My Pet Monster toy from the 1980s. For a show about magical creatures it fails to show what these creatures really are. The artwork is terrible to look at. While the set designs are OK the characters look odd, and not in a good way. Everyone's face is stretched out for some reason, and look horrific, and the character designs look unoriginal and terribly drawn. The animation is choppy, and stiff most of the time. The humor this show tries to use is just pathetic, and nothing more. Every attempt at humor falls flat, and fails to make me smile at these "jokes". The only saving grace of this show is that in got canceled a little over a year, and there are no reruns so it won't ever haunt TV again. Juniper Lee is just one of the worst attempts to cash in on the American Dragon show. The premise is terrible, the characters are awful and lack depth, the humor is dreadful, the artwork is bizarre, the monsters look terrible, and the show steals directly form 2 better shows you could be watching. If by some cruel twist of fate this show comes on again then avoid it at all costs, and let it remain forgotten.