The Life & Times of Tim

HBO

fweak

The Life & Times of Tim Fan Reviews (7)

• Trying to be funny with use of rude humor, but fails in every way.

Forced myself to watch, but i couldn't found one funny thing in the two episodes i watched. Witty is out of the window for this show. It just uses borderline humor. I personally can find more humor and wit in a bottle of ketchup. Comedy is not just putting people in embarrassing situations, and then waiting for people to laugh. The character of Tim is acting like he is not in the show. Anything that happens to him just bounces of and though that could be a good thing in some other show in this it just isn't. There is not one explanation why Tim's girlfriend just doesn't ditch him after the episode one, except that she is just a puppet of the screenwriters to express her reaction to all dumb things that happens to Tim, although she fails in that to. I won't talk about other characters because they are none existent.
    Saddest thing in all this is that the show will not improve in time because the crew and the cast probably thinks they are hilarious, and that the jokes are best pieces of writing ever. Sad, really sad.
  • Tim: Always getting himself into extraordinary situations...

Well, I've only caught a few episodes of the first season, not enough to fully create a decent impression on me, but what I have seen seems to have enough potential to entertain me. Tim is a everyday Joe who always seems to find himself in an awkward situation and finds himself trying to explain (usually by lying) to his girlfriend Amy... I do recommend that everyone watch a least one episode before deciding whether or not it is their cup of tea. But it seems to be a decent addition to that ever growing genre of Adult sitcom comedies...
  • Weird but funny show.

I heard about this gem while watch an episode of Seth Macfarlane's calvacade. Its about a guy in his 20s called Tim, who's life is pretty simple. I decided to watch some clips of it on HBO's official website, and I must say, I really enjoyed it in a weird kind of way.

The badly drawn characters, weird animation and humor was very amusing. I've never seen any full episodes of this. I don't have a clue which channel this program airs on in the UK.

Since I've not seen much of the show, I don't have much more to say. If you like cartoons that are aimed at more mature audiences, I suppose this show is worth a look.
  • The sickest show I've seen for a while...but in a good way!

I like everything about this show: I like the simple animations, I like the characters, I like the rude homour. It's beffinitely one of the best animated series ever IMO (The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, The Kids From Room 402 and this). The only negative thing I can say is that sometimes by the end of the episode the number of jokes gets lower and it becomes a bit dull (for example the second half of the Pilot), but it's still doing fine. It's good to see that HBO seems to find the way backt to GOOD TELEVISION!!! Hope this show stays around for a while...
  • Amazing

Take 2 parts Dr. Katz , 1 part Curb Your Enthusiasm,1 part Extras. If you like any of these you can't miss this. Tim manages to get himself into unbelievably uncomfortable situations every week. You sit helplessly watching as our poor hero allows himself to be persuaded to get himself into a different mess (actually 2 messes ) each double episode. Unlike worst week ever, where the situations are pat, and the schlemazel unsympathetic, Tim with his droll demeanor is someone you root for and squirm with. The crude animation is a perfect compliment to Tim's laid back persona. Do yourself a favor and give it a try.
  • crude and excellent

I love this show. I am reminded of Curb Your Enthusiasm as everything falls apart for the protagonist in this new cartoon on HBO. Tim makes me groan with each terrible decision he makes and I enjoy seeing Amy's disgust upon learning of each indiscretion. Tim's deadpan is so funny and I think the supporting cast has been awesome so far. The situations that Tim has gotten himself into in just the first three episodes make me laugh randomly throughout the day. Giving grandma a squeeze to get in good with the family was hilarious. The animation is crude but so is some of the humor. I am much more excited about this show than Little Britain, although it is funny too. Cheers to Tim.
  • Online comedy animation meets television. Tim a normal everyday guy struggles to deal with the most bizarre situations that life can possibly through at a person.

The Life and Times of Tim, brings together the twisted nature of South Park and the sartorial view on life from Family Guy into one. The cast of this show make the strangest situations seem not only possible but funny. Steve Dildarian the guy behind the Budweiser lizard's commercials shows is passion for comedy in this series. This show never fails to hit its punch lines each one building till the whole seen bursts out in comical ecstasy. The only part of this show that is upsetting is that is on HBO which means a limited amount of viewers. \\Phate