The Listener Forums

CTV (ended 2014)

Do they even release box sets for this series?

chaos_789

[1]May 28, 2012
    • level: 2

Since it doesn't seem they do, I searched for box set, and 0 results for the listener box sets, for both season 1 and 2? (this wasn't the first time either, I looked before and no box sets)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

quasar9

[2]May 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    I haven't seen them on DVD or anything either, I wish they would release them though!! *fingers crossed*

karlmeszaros

[3]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 106
    No DVDs have been released. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaselistshows.cfm Is the best place to check.

Extispex

[4]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    Not sure about season 2, but the season 1 box is resting comfortably on my shelf. I got it from here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Listener-Season-1-DVD/dp/B003UTUYAO/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1338855428&sr=1-1

Not sure if they have the right zone for you guys there

jack756

[5]Jun 5, 2012
    chaos_789 wrote:

Since it doesn't seem they do, I searched for box set, and 0 results for the listener box sets, for both season 1 and 2? (this wasn't the first time either, I looked before and no box sets)

i was about to ask the same thing.

most ppl on here know that i havent seen the listener since season 1 and nbc cancel it.

for about 2 years now ive been trying to find the t.v box set but i get no results.its annoying.that the listener was made in america and i cant seem to get any dvds here.

i mean i saw season 1 on dvd but its not for my region it would never work in my dvd player.

so im getting really piss that theres no dvd what so ever for america when it was made here.

so they need to put season 1 and 2 out for region 1.its getting pretty annoying i cant enjoy this show and my internet braley works to watch it online or something.

i need the box sets.i think im gone voice my opion to the network or soemthing.

im so mad i cant get it on dvd im bout to start cusing.

chaos_789

[6]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 2
    jack756 wrote:
    chaos_789 wrote:

i was about to ask the same thing.

most ppl on here know that i havent seen the listener since season 1 and nbc cancel it.

for about 2 years now ive been trying to find the t.v box set but i get no results.its annoying.that the listener was made in america and i cant seem to get any dvds here.

i mean i saw season 1 on dvd but its not for my region it would never work in my dvd player.

so im getting really piss that theres no dvd what so ever for america when it was made here.

so they need to put season 1 and 2 out for region 1.its getting pretty annoying i cant enjoy this show and my internet braley works to watch it online or something.

i need the box sets.i think im gone voice my opion to the network or soemthing.

im so mad i cant get it on dvd im bout to start cusing.

What's even worse is, I am from canada, and the listener is a canadian show. I still can't even find it, it's a great show, although I would like if they could go back to the cliff hanger of season 1 since they completly forgot the whole plot of season 1, it left many things unanswered, and the cliff hanger was never answered either.

Sci-FiLover22

[7]May 11, 2013
    • level: 3

from what i know is only s1 been released.

its wired.

the listener began on nbc in america and nbc they cancel it after s1 and then ctv in canada pick it up for s2 and so on.

its wired neither america or canada have released this show on dvd.

its annoying.it make u not want to watch.i havent seen anything pass s1 b/c i cant find nothing online from other seasons and so on.i dont have the patience to keep waiting for too much longer.

Extispex

[8]Jul 7, 2013
    So far only S1 has been released on DVD. According to the official Facebook page there are no plans to release it on DVD in the US (don't know about other regions). ION Television hold the rights to the show in the U.S.

https://www.facebook.com/CTV.TheListener/posts/10151546463497762

saizen33

[9]Apr 9, 2014
    • level: 7

Per Wikipedia, season one has only been released in Regions2 and 4. And, the release dateofseason one for Region1 is yet to be released. Hopefully that means that eventually all the season will be on DVD!!

saizen33

[10]Apr 9, 2014

ION Channel has started airing season 3 here in the US on Tuesday nights at 9pm and at 10 pm EST. So that's something. Now that ION is a co-producer (per Wikipedia as of 2014), maybe the DVD's will come out now. It would also be nice if ION had full episodes online.

ArtemisSparks

[11]Aug 23, 2014
    I just want to clear something up. I live in Toronto and they've film The Listener here since season 1. I recognized most the the actors as Canadians who live here in Toronto. This is a Canadian show. As per the DVD situation, I'm not sure. I have seen any on sale bar season 1 and season 2.