The Listener Forums

CTV (ended 2014)

Episode 3.01 - The Bank Job

karlmeszaros

[1]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 106

So, what did everyone think of the new season opener?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

silverscreenluv

[2]Jun 6, 2012
    • level: 5

I thought it was ok. A little contrived to get everyone in the correct position for the rest of the season. I thought the speed with which the special task force was created was a bit absurd. But overall it was Toby doing his thing, and IIB doing their thing, and Oz doing his thing, so it was good enough for me.

Dewbak75

[3]Jun 6, 2012
    • level: 18

Aside from the usual absurdity when it comes to how readily people seem to just accept that he can read minds, it was a decent enough episode. Admit it, if you met someone and found out they could actually read what you're thinking, it'd freak you out.

The biggest thing is this whole taskforce concept means they won't have to deal with the "Why hasn't Toby gotten fired from his paramedic job for poor attendance?" issue. Though I wonder what the boss cop said to that guy to get the taskforce authorized. I can't imagine he told them he had a mind-reader as a consultant. I gotta think if word about that got too far up the chain, Toby would disappear to whatever the Canadian equivalent is of a CIA "black site" for testing and whatnot.