The Listener Forums

CTV (ended 2014)

The Listener season 3!

quasar9

[1]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 4

CTV has ordered a 13 episode season 3 of The Listener! AWESOME

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dtrombley

[2]Jun 7, 2011
    • level: 8
    Where did you hear that? I am actually questioning whether to keep watching this show even if there is a third season, what the hell happened to the story line from season one that got left hanging?

amber8032

[3]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 28

Great News!

Check it:

http://shows.ctv.ca/FlashPoint/article/New-seasons-ordered-for-Flashpoint-The-Listener-and-The-Borgias#c_0

Frenz9

[4]Jun 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    Unless they pick up from season 1 I will not be watching. I have never seen anything like it when they deviate from the Plot line so much as to completely forget the existence of the first season without explanation..especially when it was good.

quasar9

[5]Jun 21, 2011

Ya I agree, they should pick up the season 1 plot lines again, I was very disappointed they didn't. It was like the second season was a completely different show. They mentioned Toby's moms disappearance in the first episode but after that nothing, and I can't believe (after everything in the first season) that Toby would just drop the whole issue with his mom and brother. I still watched it and will continue watching it but heres hoping they incorporate the original plot lines in season 3.

jack756

[6]Jun 30, 2011
    • level: 14

well im in america so i cant see any season.the last season i saw was season 1 but i didnt get to finsh it b/c thats when everything switch over to digital and then on top of that nbc cancel it.ive only seen clips here and there from season2.since the show has gotton pick up for a season 3 hopefully ive find some eps good but im most concern that the storyline from season 1 was drop.that what made me watch the show.hopefully for a season 3 theyll pick the story up..

i wish nbc would put the listener on dvd i mean it was made in america and i cant find any dvds for the u.s.a.i would by over sales but its a differnt region so it wouldnt work in my dvd player.

chaos_789

[7]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 2
    I am glad there is a 3rd season, but like you all said, I want them to continuing where they left off with season 1, I found season 2, quite random, since it goes way off course from the previous season, and left everybody hanging.

schoko131

[8]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 3

Yeap that's right. The Listener was renewed for a third season on June 1, 2011, and is expected to premiere in 2012.

eaudra1

[9]Aug 25, 2011

hopefully the gap between s2 and s3 won't be that great as it was between s1 and s2, or else creator's might once more loose the idea of where it ended. eagerly awaiting to see how it goes on

tasha2285

[10]Nov 4, 2011

I agree with the writers needing to pick up season 1's story line. I wanna see it unfold! Writers, do the fans justice! Don't leave us out in the cold! Its a great show otherwise.

I was also so upset to see the detective killed off. I was hoping her and Toby would end up together. Him and Olivia don't have enough Chemistry and Passion.

Now that this Srgt is taking point they might be good together too! Come on writers! Give me a hot love story to go along with the super SEXY Toby! Poor guy can't just have glimpses of one night stands! Sexy, honest, motorcycle riding Paramedic, can't get any better! Give him something to work with! He can save me any day!!

I'm gonna keep watching!

xoxo

shirinails

[11]Nov 27, 2011

great! i can't wait ~

shirinails

[12]Jan 8, 2012

is there any premier date for season 3?

quasar9

[13]Jan 12, 2012
    AH Okay so I was just looking up the season three premiere date and according to wikipedia(?) and IMDB it premieres tomorrow, January 14 :O But CTV says they're shooting until February...soo I guess that doesn't really help much, but I wish it was starting tomorrow...

spudda32

[14]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 7
    I would like to know when it starts.

imdb listed the near season as starting on 14 Jan but that didnt happen so I wonder when CTV will announce it

silverscreenluv

[15]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 5

Ya, that was annoying frustrating. I've just run around in internet circles trying to find out the air date, but ctv's blurb about the filming seems to be the only solid date there is, so who knows when it's airing. Imdb got me super excited for a second and then it smacked me down like a bug. Harsh.

quasar9

[16]Feb 8, 2012
    I know! I'm going a little crazy here just waiting...and waiting...
    SO I started watching season one again (for the billionth time) cause I thought it might help...ITS NOT. Now I'm getting even more excited for season 3! Darn you, CTV.

dreamgoat

[17]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 14

I would also have to agree and was wondering what happen to season 1 after it was a pretty good storyline to start off with. I was really pumped for season 2, than it pull a 180 on me and a couple of time I had to check if I was watching the same show. The huge gap between season 1 and 2 was a almost 2 years that's a very long time, so yea I would figure they would have lost how it ended on season one or feel the same drive for season 1. Dtrombley said about not sure watching season 3, I was thinking the same thing. Season 2 was a stand alone episode which I didn't really care for wasn't really no story in it just solving some mysteries. I agree with most in here that if they do Season 3 I hope it continues from season 1 if not I'm throwing in the towel, season 2 hardly made any sense and I'm not going to follow that.

Edited on 02/22/2012 11:46am

quasar9

[18]Mar 15, 2012
    Anybody heard anything about a premiere date yet?

silverscreenluv

[19]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 5

Nothing yet. I've been checking every other day or soCry . Damn you CTV people!

CamForbes0

[20]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 6

Production on Season 3 of 'The Listener' has begun

Production on Season 3 of 'The Listener' has begun

by:CTV Date:10/4/2011 4:27:00 PM

Toronto, ON (October 4, 2011) – Shaftesbury, in association with CTV and Fox International Channels, today announced that production is underway on Season 3 of the original drama series "The Listener." It was also announced that U.S. entertainment network ION Television has acquired the first two seasons of the series for broadcast in 2012 with the option for future seasons. Starring Craig Olejnik as mind-reading paramedic Toby Logan, 'The Listener' is broadcast on CTV and Bravo! in Canada, and internationally by Fox International Channels in 120 countries and 33 languages.

Season 3 of the 13 episode, one-hour series is currently shooting in and around Toronto until February 2012, with guest stars to include Kristin Lehman ("The Killing"), Rossif Sutherland ("I'm Yours"), Ian Tracey ("Hell on Wheels"), Canadian rapper, record producer and actor Wes Williams ("Cra$h & Burn"), JUNO Award-nominee Fefe Dobson, and more.

"'The Listener's' audience keeps growing season-over-season as strong characters mix an element of drama with comedic banter," said Corrie Coe, Senior Vice-President, Independent Productions, Bell Media. "It's great television of which we're incredibly proud."

"With its unique blend of drama, investigation, action and humour, 'The Listener' is an internationally successful franchise that offers a fresh take on the one-hour procedural," said Christina Jennings, Chairman and CEO, Shaftesbury. "We're looking forward to bringing new episodes of the series to Canadian and international viewers in partnership with CTV and Fox International Channels, and to introducing the series to new audiences in the U.S. with ION Television."

Averaging 1.03 million viewers on CTV, 'The Listener' saw an impressive 13% growth among total viewers in Season 2. Following on the heels of Season 2's dramatic finale, Season 3 finds Toby (Olejnik) having apparently renounced the use of his paranormal gift and severing ties with Sgt. McCluskey, after the strain of using his abilities starts to take a toll on his health. But he is unexpectedly thrust back into the world of the IIB when he finds himself in the middle of a bank heist being pulled off by a desperate team of robbers (Rossif Sutherland, 'I'm Yours' and Ian Tracey, 'Intelligence.'). It will take all of Toby's skills, both as a paramedic and a mind reader, to keep him and his fellow hostages alive.

Following this high-tension opening, Toby finds himself challenged on all fronts, especially in his personal relationships. Meanwhile, Toby's best friend and paramedic partner, Oz (Ennis Esmer, 'Young People F**king'), moves into the apartment next door to Toby, and works up the courage to make a commitment to St. Luke Hospital triage nurse Sandy (Tara Spencer-Nairn).

The ensemble cast of 'The Listener' includes Craig Olejnik ('The Timekeeper') as Toby Logan; Gemini-nominated Lauren Lee Smith ('CSI,' 'The L Word') as IIB Sergeant Michelle McCluskey; Ennis Esmer ('Young People F**king') as paramedic Oz Bey; Rainbow Sun Francks ('Stargate Atlantis') as Corp. Dev Clark, McCluskey's computer maven partner; Peter Stebbings ('Madison') as Alvin Klein, the IIB's brilliant in-house legal expert; Mylène Dinh-Robic ('Stargate Atlantis') as Dr. Olivia Fawcett, Toby's confidante and colleague at St. Luke Hospital; Tara Spencer-Nairn ('Corner Gas') as Sandy, St. Luke Hospital's triage nurse who runs the floor with military precision; and Arnold Pinnock ('Combat Hospital') as EMS supervisor George Ryder.

U.S. entertainment network ION Television has acquired the first two seasons of "The Listener" from Shaftesbury Sales Company for broadcast in 2012. The deal was finalized by Shine International, which distributes "The Listener" internationally.

"The Listener" is produced by Shaftesbury in association with CTV and Fox International Channels. The series is executive produced by Christina Jennings and Scott Garvie for Shaftesbury, and Karen Troubetzkoy ("18 To Life") and Peter Mohan ("Lost Girl," "The Bridge"), who serves as Season 3 showrunner. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media. Robin Johnston and Rebecca Dipasquale are production executives for Bell Media. Sharon Tal Yguado is Executive Producer for Fox International Channels. "The Listener" is produced with the financial participation of The Canada Media Fund, The Canadian Film or Video Tax Credit and The Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit.

Viewers who want to catch-up on the first two seasons of "The Listener" can watch episodes online at CTV.ca