The Listener Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on CTVIn Season

Thoughts on season 3 of The Listener so far?

quasar9

[1]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 4

Hey everyone, I was just curious what people are thinking about season 3 so far? I have found several of the first episodes to be rather..hmm whats the word? shallow maybe? They just didn't have much depth to them, don't make you think at all. BUT, I don't know if it's just me or has the last couple episodes been better? I feel like they have. I'm still dissappointed that they dropped the storyline from season 1 but I'm pretty sure it ain't coming back so if we have to make do with this storyline I think they're starting to go in the right direction...thoughts anyone?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

w4u

[2]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 53

I like season 3 episodes but I'm still curious about Toby's past and I wanna know more. I hope they'll explore more about that someday.

karlmeszaros

[3]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 106
    I thought it took a few episodes to find its footing. The last three (Crossed, Lockdown and Captain Nightfall) have been much better than the first few. This is an odd show in that each season feels almost like a new show.. I did not like Olivia dying.

w4u

[4]Sep 7, 2012
    • level: 53

karlmeszaros wrote:
    I did not like Olivia dying.

Neither did I.

And I think the problem about the show is not having a big picture/myth. I expect every season a story that lasts entire season. There are some cool/exiting episodes with a "criminal of the week" but that's not enough. Neither there is a relationship to become a shipper nor a mythology to pursue intensively. I hope the writers will have different and long-term ideas for the next season.

silverscreenluv

[5]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 5

I didn't mind Olivia dying, I just thought it was rather abrupt. Also, we never really saw Toby deal with it. I still love this show, but I'm not sure that it's really anything more than a quirky cop show now. I mean, this could pretty much be interchangeable with the Mentalist at this point.