The Listener

Inside Man

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 28, 2009 on CTV

• Standing Ovation!

This show has found it's identity, it's purpose of what it wants to show us. And what a fantastic story, as usual the episode was flawless. Story started off with a double homicide and one survivor which Toby has a hard time reading because of how much is going on in his head. All the pieces ended up coming together which leaves me kind of shocked as the results and the writers got me again with this episode and well done creating a realism between the characters that I have a stronger bonding with. Again WELL DONE!!!
  • Deeper and richer story lines.

This series has really matured and seemingly in the space of a couple of episodes. Too bad NBC didn't have the patience to wait it out, but here's hoping CTV did and we can still get it in Canada next season. I am having the devil's own time trying to find out via the CTV website though...

At any rate, this episode is the best of the series so far and each character was at their best and most developed. The story was layered and complex and so, we are seeing, is Toby's life due to his "gift". The performances made me want to invest in the characters and how their lives will unfold.

I hope some of us get that chance...
  • When called to a crime scene to help two shooting victims (husband and wife), Toby gets a hit that suggests that there is someone else present.

This episode was ever so slightly creepy. I like the darker tone that show seems to have taken, and I really like that Detective Charlie now knows about Toby's ability to read minds. All of the excuses he was coming up with for why he was where he shouldn't be were becoming tiring and really, really contrived. But in this episode, it would not have worked without her knowing. And of course, he leads her to the son of the victims. He's bloody and hiding in the fireplace. During the ambulance ride, he's so traumatized that his mind is sending out all sort of chatter that's throwinng Toby off. He thinks at one point that Oz is talking to him, when it's really their patient. The young man's problem was fairly obvious, but we had to wait for it to unfold, but I liked the way it did, even though, as I said earlier, it was creepy. I would imagine it would have to be so for Toby, too. In the end, he tells his friend that he has doubts abouat whether he can keep doing this. A very good episode. I think this show has found its footing.
  • Toby and Oz save a kid who may have been part of a gang that killed a couple.

A great episode. A realistic storyline, great performances, an interesting twist, tough ending.

"The Listener" is a great show. It's a show that might be forgotten at the end of the year but for me it's one of the better shows from 09.

This episode Toby through his telepathic abilities find a kid bleeding to death.

He finds him at the scene of a crime scene where a couple was murdered.

However, the kid isn't a victim. The kid might have been part of a group that set out to murder the couple.

This was a realistic storyline dealing with abuse and revenge for that abuse.

Once you learn about the abuse, you don't feel sorry for the murdered couple not that I endorse murder.

The actor playing the abused child was great.

A memorable episode.