The Listener

Lockdown

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 22, 2012 on CTV

• Two hours of tears.

I've always loved Toby and Olivia, and hoped that one day they'd realize how they were made for each other and needed to get married already, but I can clearly see why they would kill her off. She was slowly becoming nothing to the show; only a person that Toby went to see for some medical tests, or had drinks with. I'm glad how well this episode was written, and how Olivia ended at her best.

It took me by complete surprise, and when I realized what was going to happened I started bawling my eyes out and wasn't able to finish the episode for another two hours.

I think this type of episode was a good change from the typical, "oh, you cheated on me/stole from me/i want your insurance" cases.

This episode was one of the better episode of this season, I felt that the plot was maybe a 7.5-8, but due to the acting, chemistry, and how well they managed to kill Olivia off, it deserves 8.5.
  • Why? ** SPOILERS **

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss, Marissa. I lost my mother in March of this year and you're right, it's really weird trying to get used to the fact that you're never going to hear another person's voice or see their face.

I see no point to this episode. Firstly, this is a TV program and we watch TV to have a break from reality and to enjoy the fine acting of our favorite actors and the characters they portray. Why have the same ending as real life has?

I just don't like it when they kill key cast off. They did it in Flashpoint a few seasons back and it's been done in other shows as well, but this was a bomb out of nowhere.

My understanding of how the folks that produce procedurals think is that want us as viewers to get invested with and identify with our favorite characters and follow their stories. That's how great shows last season after season.

To kill one of them off serves no purpose. Perhaps Mylene wanted to be written out of the script to pursue other opportunities - and that's great. The episode itself was very well done and one of the more compelling ones. I think it's taken until this and the previous episode for the show to find its footing with the new dynamic of Toby with the IIB. Essentially, it is really three different programs with the same actors. There isn't much continuity from one season to the next and now there will be even less.

I have no idea what to give this, so I"ll put in for 5.0.
  • SO SAD!

OMG! I cannot believe that Olivia died. She was my favourite cast member!

And just as her and Toby were making future plans. Life is unfair cold bitch sometimes, don't you agree?

I know it's only a tv show but it's brings up thoughts of people I've lost suddenly, it feels like your heart has sunk to the bottom of your stomach. To be told that someone you cared about died, without warning is honestly the worst feeling in the world. I definitely know Toby is feeling.

It's so weird weird having to get used to the fact that your never gonna see someone ever again.