The Listener

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 22, 2012 on CTV

• Why? ** SPOILERS **

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss, Marissa. I lost my mother in March of this year and you're right, it's really weird trying to get used to the fact that you're never going to hear another person's voice or see their face.

I see no point to this episode. Firstly, this is a TV program and we watch TV to have a break from reality and to enjoy the fine acting of our favorite actors and the characters they portray. Why have the same ending as real life has?

I just don't like it when they kill key cast off. They did it in Flashpoint a few seasons back and it's been done in other shows as well, but this was a bomb out of nowhere.

My understanding of how the folks that produce procedurals think is that want us as viewers to get invested with and identify with our favorite characters and follow their stories. That's how great shows last season after season.

To kill one of them off serves no purpose. Perhaps Mylene wanted to be written out of the script to pursue other opportunities - and that's great. The episode itself was very well done and one of the more compelling ones. I think it's taken until this and the previous episode for the show to find its footing with the new dynamic of Toby with the IIB. Essentially, it is really three different programs with the same actors. There isn't much continuity from one season to the next and now there will be even less.

I have no idea what to give this, so I"ll put in for 5.0.