The Listener

The Bank Job

Aired Monday 10:00 PM May 30, 2012 on CTV

• Awesome show!

It's really great to finally have "new episodes" back on in the US on the ION channel. I have really missed this show!! The twist was very interesting and was something that I had not expected.
  • Solid Season Opener

It's nice to have new episodes again and this one was very well done. The twist at the end was a nice touch also.

It's amazing how far from its roots The Listener has moved. From Toby helping Charlie Marks and learning about his past to an entire new law enforcement staff in Season 2 to what looks like Toby, for all intents and purposes, quitting his day job. It's almost like they want to be an entirely new show each year. The only other program I can think of that made such a dramatic change from one season to the next was Harry's Law and that was too much too fast.

I find such dramatic changes to be hard to take all at once. At least here we have the continuity to the IIB team as a transition. I enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to the rest of the season.
  • consistently "good", looking forward to the new season

This was a good episode, sadly not much more than good, but it gives something to look forward too and they seem to try starting another slightly different chapter slightly similar to the drastic changes between season 1 and 2. Back then I found it a little chaotic and done unsatisfying (with a major part of the storyline simply forgotten) but now I actually think maybe they will start developing something interesting again. Hopefully we won't see even less of Oz (+Toby together) and a little more interaction between characters beside the actual cases.. It seems Peter Stebbings gets a little more to do this season, I'm looking forward to that.

This can go either way, but I'll keep watching for now..
ION